• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    "Comon cheer up. We'd only get in the way in our condition. We're all tired. Fighting now would be suicide for us. We'll get to the guild, And he'll be back with both Retus and or Cruor captured." He did his best to get the group to think positive, and Xell could tell. A suggestion of rest was soon mentioned, but Xell felt too wired to rest up. He remained silent, waiting for the group to decide what to do. He listened as Alaska and Leigh talked about a tree called a Brugmansia. He had never heard of it before, so he listened intently.

"This land is unforgivable at night. Corrupt pokemon will run wild, and chances are, they probably already are. We need to get to the guild now. It isn't far." The Dewott in the group spoke up. He then scolded Anthony for his generosity in offering them an Oran berry or two. They quarreled, but it seemed to be friendly quarrel, as far as Xell could tell. The idea of resting up was dismissed. They were close, apparently.

All of the sudden, a tremor shook the ground. Xell stopped dead in his tracks for a moment. He couldn't help wondering if Bruno was alright. He knew the tremor well: it was an Earthquake from very far away. He knew the technique himself: with enough weight, force, and accuracy, you would have ground-shaking pandemonium. He, after a bit of indecision, came to the conclusion that it came from Bruno. The Sableye was far too small to cause such a quake, and the Zangoose didn't seem the type to cause that much activity. He had an affinity with Ground attacks, so he wondered if he was the only one who felt it.

"Did anyone else feel that?"

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    ((OOC: Thanks Samurai :] oh and on the OOC thread, Michael gave permission to bunny his characters))

"No problem," Alaska replied to Leigh. She was somewhat envious of the fact that Leigh was extra protected by environmental hazards. Of course, she was glad he was. "This land is unforgivable at night. Corrupt pokemon will run wild, and chances are, they probably already are. We need to get to the guild now. It isn't far," said Osha upon hearing Leigh and Alaska suggest rest. Anthony offered water and oran berries to anybody who was tired, but was called over by Osha. He probably didn't want him to use up the food and water.

Suddenly, a tremor shook the ground. It was distant, but strong enough to knock Alaska off her feet if she hadn't been paying attention to her surroundings. It must have been caused by Bruno, for he was the only one large enough to make an earthquake this strong. A group of Aipom screamed out in fear and ran up a tree. Alaska watched them run up, until a voice broke through the short silence. "Did anyone else feel that?" asked Xell. "Yes, I felt it. I have a feeling the fighting might get intense," Alaska replied, worried about how the fight would end.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    "Sheesh, Bruno must be having fun back there eh?" Leigh thought aloud. the tremor from the earthquake caused the green blob to jiggle a little bit. He remembered when Alaska said the green gel was like Jello... seems she was right. Leigh simply blushed again. "Erm... Well, We're close at least. Have any of you been in the new land before the corruption incident? It looked amazing... shame that it was so easily taken away from me... er, us. Eheh..." Leigh said, Remembering that the New land wasn't just his home, even though he often called it that.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    OOC: D. do you have a plan as to what the supposed sound is? If so go ahead and introduce it or something.

Layne listened to his partner. He was curious as to what Chunk would have said, until the sound came into his head. Chunk spoke up, "There's someone else close by..."

Layne saw Chunk go into a combat position, and he himself got a little cautious, but also said, "I think we've seen enough action today, shouldn't we head back?"

Layne felt like he wasn't getting a full picture here. Something wasn't straight. He coulda sworn he felt what he thought to be an earthquake attack from who knew how far, and that meant combat. Layne was also aware of what Hirotaro had said, about how corrupt pokemon at night became more vicious. Layne wasn't ready at the moment to face anymore corrupt pokemon.

-----------------------------------------

Bruno growled in triumph as he saw Earthquake affect Retus as it did, but that joy was short-lived as Cruor recovered rather quicker than Bruno thought, and came in for an attack.

Bruno didn't have much time to dodge it, so all he did, was bring up both arms in a defensive stance and took the full impact of the attack. "Dang...." Bruno thought, "You really do pack a punch..."

Bruno pushed back against the attack. His right arm had a nice gash on it, but it didn't bother him. Though Bruno now saw why Cruor was wanted in so many places. The look in his eyes...the way he was fighting. Bruno straightened up. He was now more determined to bring both of these outlaws to justice.

Bruno let out another cry, and charged up focus blast, aiming at Cruor.

------------------------------

Osha and Anthony kept the party going. Osha didn't feel in the mood for conversation, and didn't trust a lot of the pokemon here other than Anthony, so why Anthony did what he did was beyond him.

When the tremor came in, Osha looked back to where they had came from, and Anthony saw his reaction.

After a few seconds, Osha sighed and kept walking. Anthony could tell Osha was worried about his teacher, and he didn't blame him.

The guild appeared on the horizon on the dying barren plain. Anthony smiled and said, "There it is!"

Megaman765

Years
    Retus quickly got up from the last attack. He wasn't going to do anything to Bruno at this rate, not with his power at least. Luckily, It was just about night time. Corrupt pokemon often go more mad then usual during night. For Retus, It just makes him stronger, And allows him to gain access to the true potential of the corruption.

"Alright you. No more games." He said. The sun had fallen, And the moon had arisen. The corruption in Retus was reacting positively to the night sky. His senses, His agility were increasing. The power he was recieveing from the dark night felt good... He felt strong enough to take down anything in his way.

Retus' eyes were glowing a dark purplish color this time. "Time to even out the score". A dark aura surrounded Retus. As Bruno fired Focus blast, Retus Rushed on in to hit Bruno head on with Shadow Blitz.

(If you aren't alright with me filling in Retus' last move slot at the last second, I'll change it up a bit.)

-----------------------------
    It was night time. The corrupt substance in Leigh grew slightly larger as night fell. The others were bound to not be used to this behavior. Night seemed to have an effect on Corrupt pokemon, as well as the physical substance itself. It easily got in the way like this, But the subtance still didn't effect Leigh's abilitys, physically or mentally. He was especially glad that the group had arrived at the guild.

"Oh finally!" Leigh exclaimed as he rushed over to the guild. As he floated down the path, He noticed two shadows in the distance, both rather short. The welcome wagon? If they were at the guild then surely they were friendly. He slowly floated forward to greet the two shadows in the distance, considering they were friendly. It would be nice to finally see some more friendly faces around...

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    ((OOC: 1. I got ninja'd by you xD
    2. It was you guys alright xD))

"I think we've seen enough action today, shouldn't we head back?" He heard his partner say; but Chunk just kept looking forward, sparks already surging from his fur.

"The guild's only defenses are the students and the guild master. The most I can do to thank them is to protect them from whatever comes."

...I actually said that...?

Chunk didn't know what had gotten into him, but he felt the duty of protecting the guild from harm now befell on them - or, in the minimum least, him.

"I hear someone's voice, and it's drawing closer..." He added, stepping forward. The fact that he heard voices was actually a good sign, or so he thought, since corrupted Pokémon would probably be too blind in their unfounded rage to speak. He lowered the electricity coursing through his body, but didn't cancel the flow so as to allow a backup maneouver.

The voices drew ever closer as he stepped forward, and all the sudden, a figure appeared, apparently a small blob-like thing.

"Oh finally!" It spoke. He thought, at least.

Chunk stared at the Pokémon as it slowly approached them.

"Who are you?"

Megaman765

Years
    As Leigh moved closer, it turned out the shadows were a Shinx, With several scars all over him, And a familiar looking Buizel with goggles over his head. The Shinx immediately asked just for Leigh's identity, as if he were guarding the guild from intruders. He responded with his usual telepathic fashion. "O...Oh! Just a few exploration teams coming from Lakeside. What a rough ride that was..." Moved closer so the moonlight could give the two pokemon could see Leigh a bit better. The corrupt substance in Leigh bubbled up a little in reaction to the moonlight but Leigh did his best to ignore it. "I'm Leigh. Are you guys an exploration team too?"

D. Lawride

Years
    Chunk tried to avoid looking around as a voice seemed to echo inside his head. It was most likely the Pokémon in front of him, but it bothered him that he had that ability, to talk into someone's mind.
    But he could put that aside.

What he couldn't put aside was the black... thing that started bubbling once the Pokémon came into plain sight; as soon as he saw it, Chunk knew it was corruption in there.

"I'm Leigh. Are you guys an exploration team too?" He continued.

Chunk, however, assumed an offensive position, allowing some more electricity to build up through Charge.

"Name's V-... Chunk, and I'm the leader of Team Salvadores; and you are a liability to our safety." The Shinx added; he couldn't stand corruption, not after what he had gone through, not with what he was going through. Not a chance.

((OOC: Hum, maybe it was a little sudden that Chunk went offensive?
    Either ways, I already sent a message to Samurai telling him he could control Chunk for Thursday and Friday, sicne I'll be away all day.))

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh backed away as soon as he saw the shinx go into an offensive possition. The corrupt substance... That must have bee the reason. He didn't blame Chunk for acting this way, but at the same time, Leigh was upset. "H...Hey! Hang on! I'm not here to pick any fights!" He said looking back to see if the rest of the group caught up. "It's this black thing isn't it? This... thing has been stuck on me for months. It hasn't gotten out, and hasn't effected me. I was told to meet the guildmaster to see if he could help with the issue..." He replied with a frown. The corrupt substance stopped bubbling and... for some reason... started to hide behind Leigh. The substance shook, as if it feared the presence of the guild.

"I know we only knew each other for about a minute but give me the benefit of the doubt at least... I don't exactly LIKE being trapped with this thing on me."

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Chances are I won't do much with Chunk, because I don't always enjoy controlling others characters. Don't know how to a good amount of the time, but I'll do my best.

IC:

Chunk's words to Layne about repaying the guild with defense for their hospitality were touching, but Layne knew, and Chunk may have known too, that they just weren't in the condition or readiness for any combat right now.

But before he could say anything, a Solosis appeared. After Chunk asked, the Solosis said, "I'm Leigh. Are you guys an exploration team too?"

Layne did take note of the small blotch on the Solosis, but the pokemon didn't look like a threat. His partner Pyro had been exposed to corruption himself, and wasn't a threat. He didn't know Leigh's story, but he was sure he was under his own control in the mind. But before Layne could answer, Chunk went into an offensive stance and said, "Name's V-... Chunk, and I'm the leader of Team Salvadores; and you are a liability to our safety."

Layne was a bit surprised as to Chunk's sudden response and offensive position, and said, "Chunk, settle down..."

That earned him a little bit of a glare from Chunk but it didn't last. Leigh went a bit defensive himself but Layne came forward, his paw held up in a 'settle down' motion. "Sorry...like yourselves, we've had a rather long day."

The rest of the explorers came up. Osha and Anthony came up. Anthony came over to Layne, with a little bit of a smile, and said, "It's nice to see you two on your feet."
    Layne shrugged, massaging his left arm. "We'll see how long that lasts us."
    Osha, simply said, "Talk later please, we need to get inside."

---------------------------------

As soon as Focus blast fired, something impacted the side of Bruno's head. Bruno could not believe, Retus was capable of such an attack, and it certainly made his brain rattle. Bruno stepped back, shaken, but quickly recovered. Bruno had almost forgotten that corruption became much mrore intense during the night. Already, it seemed as if Retus was giving in. Who knew. Bruno could only assume such things. "Impressive..." he simply said.
    Retus, Bruno knew, would be resistant to move moves Bruno knew. Sometimes Bruno just hated fighting ghost pokemon, but that didn't mean he didn't know how to fight them. He was more than capable of defeating ghost pokemon. With a roar, Bruno lifted a nearby boulder and threw it in the air. He leapt up and smashed it and hit the projectiles in Retus' direction for a Rock Tomb attack.

"Catch."

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    "Erm… Well, We're close at least. Have any of you been in the new land before the corruption incident? It looked amazing... shame that it was so easily taken away from me... er, us. Eheh..." Leigh said. "Ummm… I've been there once or twice," Alaska replied, looking ahead and spotting the guild. "There it is!" Anthony said with a smile. "Oh finally!" Leigh exclaimed as he rushed towards the guild. He went so fast, his small shape faded away in the darkness. Alaska walked alongside the others while humming a happy tune. As they came up to the guild, Alaska faded her hum to a silence.

There stood a Shinx and Buizel, watching them. Leigh floated in front of them, oddly quiet. Maybe he was upset? "It's nice to see you two on your feet," Anthony said as he went over to the Buizel. "We'll see how long that lasts us," the Buizel said as he massaged his left arm. "Talk later please, we need to get inside," Osha said. Alaska squeezed her eyes shut and forced a huge grin at the Buizel and Shinx. They seemed too serious, as almost everybody else was. Alaska opened one eye, and looked at Leigh. With the large grin still plastered on her face, she quietly spoke through the corner of her mouth. "What's the matter, Leigh?"

Megaman765

Years
    "Catch" Bruno said as he shattered the large bolder, sending a plethora of rocks down at Retus. He did indeed catch one of the rocks, But after that, He put his arms up in a cross pattern to guard against the remaining ones. His arms received several scrapes from the sharp points of the rocks. After the attack he was surrounded by the same large rocks, still holding onto the one he caught. "Hey Bruno! I caught it! How much points do I get?" He taunted once more. He started to chomp on the rock to see if there were any Gems he could feed off of inside of it. "Bleh. Nothing." He said, Dissapointed, but putting his focus back to the battle.

Retus' hand gave off a bright light. He aimed his palm toward Bruno and used Power Gem on him. Due tot he corruption, The gems he fired were more sharp then before, Razor sharp even. "Hey Bruno! Catch!"

---------------------------------

Leigh was glad that the buizel steped in before things got nasty. Nobody was in the mood for fighting at the moment. For some reason, Leigh felt like he had seen this buizel before. Somewhere back when he took refuge in the wigglytuff guild. Though he never did meet him, now seemed like as good of a time as ever.

"What's the matter, Leigh?" Alaska asked him. Leigh looked up at Alaska. She was as happy as ever. "Eh... I just kinda feel out of place. I'm usually like this at night. The corruption gets vicious during this time. This is usually when this substance gets in the way more often then usual. I've never seen it get this large though..." He replied, looking at the same black substance. He felt he should ask something of his friends... something important. But now wasn't the time. It would only make the group worry more, and already, Some of the pokemon in the group don't even trust him.

Leigh quickly floated over to the Buizel and floated around him, inspecting him to make sure he was the same buizel from the wigglytuff guild. He remembered that was the first place he went to as soon as the corruption got him. When he went to the guild, He told everyone there what had happened in the new land.

"Are... you by any chance from the Wigglytuff guild?"
    Leigh asked him. "I'm Leigh. The wigglytuff guild was actually the first place I ran off to as soon as the Corruption got me. It was close by anyway...I think I remember seeing you a few times in the guild. Correct me if I'm wrong."

SamuraiMaster

Years
    The group began to walk back to the guild Layne was just thinking about what had happened that day. He was unaware of any conversation around him.

He sighed and massaged his left arm some more. The arm was beginning to feel better, but the scar he felt.....it just felt weird. He'd never had such a big scar like it before, and it was just something new to him.

Whatever.

The thoughts drifted away when the Solosis began inspecting Layne. Looking him over, from all angles. This made Layne.......a bit uncomfortable. "Can I help you?" he asked.

A voice went into Layne's mind, and echoed. Telepathy. Layne knew it when he felt, and heard it. Too much of it sometimes gave him headaches, but it didn't matter. "Are... you by any chance from the Wigglytuff guild?"
    Layne was wondering why he was asking the question. Layne was from the Wigglytuff Guild, but what did it matter?
    "I'm Leigh. The wigglytuff guild was actually the first place I ran off to as soon as the Corruption got me. It was close by anyway...I think I remember seeing you a few times in the guild. Correct me if I'm wrong."

Layne shrugged and resumed walking with the group. "I'm from the guild, yeah. Though most of the times I was not really around."

Megaman765

Years
    "hmm." Leigh thought to himself, looking at the buizel's scar. "Yep. Definitely the same one. Your Layne right? I'm sure I've heard your name a few times back there... Guess I never really introduced myself to you though. You looked pretty busy alot of the time." Leigh gave off an awkward silence. "...Sorry just trying to strike some conversation. Gotta distract myself somehow from other issues" He said, Laughing a bit. "...You two look like you've been through hell yourself. As for us, We were duped into letting a wanted criminal escort us. Arceus knows where he might have been really taking us."

The corrupt substance hiding behind Leigh started to take form of what looked like a face temporarily. It gave off a large menacing smile as if it were teasing everyone behind Leigh. However Leigh was too occupied to even notice the corruption react in such a weird way. "Sorry if I'm being annoying. I like to get to know other pokemon that I'm bound to be sticking around with for awhile.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    "...You two look like you've been through hell yourself. As for us, We were duped into letting a wanted criminal escort us. Arceus knows where he might have been really taking us."

Xell had been listening slightly and following silently the entire time, not paying much attention to the ongoing conversation. Instead, he was focusing on the back of Leigh. His black splotch had moved to the back of his spherical body and developed into a distorted and twisted face. Is it smiling? The splotch's smile was starting to curve up, and it was only temporary. It had gone away in a matter of seconds. Had he imagined that? It was a little scary to Xell, but he figured Leigh had it under control. Did he even notice? He seemed too preoccupied in getting to know his new guildies to notice what had happened with his corruption, if anything had happened at all. Xell soon began to forget it and gradually snapped back to reality.

Xell hadn't noticed it before, but he was feeling tired. Today had been stressful, but the stress didn't stop there: Xell knew that their escort was still fighting in the clearing where they had all congregated. Xell did his best to put it out of his mind, looked up at the moon for a moment, then turned back, remaining reserved and quiet.

((OOC: Sorry for my lack of response. I was busy getting in all my projects before spring break. Just a slight warning, but I will be skiing/snowboarding in around 3 days, and it will get a little more difficult for me to find time to post. I'll do my best, but if perhaps I am inactive, it is most likely because I'll be busy.))

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: No worries. I'm a bit more worried about Michael, and Lilli. They seem to be the more inactive at the moment. If you guys are here, give a shout will you? That's the main reason I'm not posting as Bruno at the moment. Waiting for Cruor to enter the picture.

IC:
    "Yep. Definitely the same one. Your Layne right?"

So Leigh knew his name...a bit odd, but understandable he guessed...

"I'm sure I've heard your name a few times back there... Guess I never really introduced myself to you though. You looked pretty busy a lot of the time."

A moment passed without talk. Layne had no comment.

"...Sorry just trying to strike some conversation. Gotta distract myself somehow from other issues"

"Don't we all..." Layne muttered to himself...

"...You two look like you've been through hell yourself. As for us, We were duped into letting a wanted criminal escort us. Arceus knows where he might have been really taking us.
    Sorry if I'm being annoying. I like to get to know other pokemon that I'm bound to be sticking around with for awhile."

"There is nothing to be sorry about." Layne said as the group neared the guild. Layne didn't know what to say. He never was good at small talk, or conversation. He also just felt a little empty right about now.

Osha and Anthony fell behind as the group entered the guild. Layne entered, folloing Chunk, Osha stopped Leigh where he was and giving him a piercing look, said, "Downstairs, second hall to the left. You'll find the guildmaster there."

Osha then let him in. Anthony, walked with the Solosis, "Excuse my partner's behavior. Been his partner long enough to know he doesn't mean anything harmful. He's just a bit territorial and protective."

Megaman765

Years
    Layne seemed like a quiet type. They were usually tough nuts to crack but he seemed like he would be easier to get along with then Chunk. Leigh froze up a bit when Osha stopped him in his tracks. "Downstairs, second hall to the left. You'll find the guildmaster there." Osha said to Leigh with a piercing look in his eyes. "O...oh! Um... Sure." Leigh replied nervously as he walked into the guild. "Guys I'll catch up later. You should all relax." Leigh said to the other two teams. After wards he began to follow the directions Osha gave him, alongside with Anthony.

"Excuse my partner's behavior. Been his partner long enough to know he doesn't mean anything harmful. He's just a bit territorial and protective." He explained to Leigh. "Oh, Don't worry I understand where he's coming from. You guys must have been fighting the corruption way longer than us. I'll try not to let it get to me." He replied with a grin. "I'll be in your debt if your guild master can help me. I appreciate it. Really."

D. Lawride

Years
    As they were brought into the guild again, and in spite of Layne's call of attention, Chunk's gaze hadn't left the Solosis, permanently watching for trouble.

He was so focused, in fact, that even though the Pokémon had been stopped by Osha behind him, Chunk kept walking, and almost bumped into a wall while emerged in his thoughts.

"I don't trust him." He whispered to Layne, trying to cover his distraction. The Buizel himself seemed to be absent, and Chunk took note of it, but didn't say anything; he didn't like to meddle in someone else's issues. "I suppose the guildmaster will notice if he does something wrong."

His thoughts drifted back to the berries he was looking for. To think he had almost engaged in battle without that kind of supplies...

"You... don't happen to know where I can find Orans, then?" He asked his partner. He knew the answer was obviously no, but it was worth a try.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Layne walked with his partner through the guild hall. "We barely know him, Chunk." Layne shrugged. "I guess everyone has different opinions and reasons, but he doesn't seem that much of a liability to the whole mission.

Once again, Pyro was brought back to Layne's mind. But as fast as he entered, Layne shook away the thought of his defeated partner.

"I suppose the guildmaster will notice if he does something wrong."
    Hirotaro. Layne felt a bit edgy around him sometimes. Perhaps it was simply because he knew about Autumn, and how he came across certain areas. Who knew, but chances were, Hirotaro would know if something was wrong with the Solosis known as Leigh.

"You... don't happen to know where I can find Orans, then?" Chunk asked.

The question surely caught Layne off, as that was the last thing he'd expect Chunk to say. "Not successful?" Layne asked with a bit of a chuckle. "I can't say I know of any places around here. Where I grew up, years and years ago, they used to grow everywhere near this river. I grew up near the ocean of Treasure Town, but I remember...just barely...a river where tons of them were. Granted, I haven't seen that river since God knows when, but, my guess is if we find a river here, we'd find at least a few. They do tend to grow near rivers."

D. Lawride

Years
    "Rivers..." Chunk repeated as Layne shortly reminded both of his life near Treasure Town. From what he had gathered, the rivers around here didn't even have potable waters, nor trees that could grow the berries - nor berries, as far as he had seen.

So the way to the guild was ruled out as a potential place for a river.
    The only other option was their next destination - rather, the destination Layne had chosen as the next one.

"Then maybe in the mountains..." He said to himself. "There should be something of the like in the mountains. If it hasn't been corrupted yet, that is..." He added in something of a sigh. "I'll have to make it there without supplies."

((OOC: Alright, this is my last post; see ya! xD))

Back