• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    "Guys I'll catch up later. You should all relax," Leigh said to the teams. Alaska stared at him and then walked away. It would be awkward to follow him inside, especially since she wasn't asked to do so. She stopped at a tree and inspected it. When she was sure it wasn't a death provoking tree, she effortlessly scaled it by digging her sharp claws into its bark. Alaska made her way to the highest limb and rested there.

((OOC: I know this post is kind of pointless, but it's just to show I haven't died lol.))

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Bruno had barely been able to avoid the blast, but he did. So with a growl, his blade like claws made a loud "SCHWING" sound as he watched Retus shoot a Power Gem at Bruno. He smirked alittle bit, his eyes flashing as he took this chance. Leaping into the air towards Bruno, his claws pointed down.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    OOC: Yay alive we are! And we're nearing the point of no return (500 posts)!

IC:

Bruno saw both attacks coming toward him. He was just barely able to raise his arms up in a defensive X. The Power Gem attack impacted first, followed by Cruor's attack. His claws jammed into his arm and drew blood. Bruno forced him back, but not without penalty to himself. The bloodflow was not lethal, but it could be if Bruno worked up too big a sweat.

"Most impressive..." he said. "Your reputations serve you well, Cruor. I admitt. I have greatly underestimated you both."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    "Keh. I don't need you telling me that." He told Bruno, looking at the gash on his arm that Cruor caused. "Ya gonna keep fighting? As far as I can see, We seem to be winning this battle hmm?" Retus began to sharpen his claws more as he talked with Bruno. Before he could move in to attack him, using his heightened senses from the night sky, He heard noise coming from the forest. The noise of a pokemon moving extremely fast through the trees. "...Hmm." Retus' finger began to glow a bright blue color as he pointed at Bruno. "I could use more help myself actulaly" Retus taunted Bruno as he gave off a large grin.

Retus used his ability to attract corrupt pokemon to wherever he pointed, and he just so happened to choose Bruno. Although Retus could control his own corruption, He could not control other corrupt pokemon actions, meaning he was still bound to be attacked by them.

"Hey Cruor, Whaddaya say we take a break and let the... "others" Have some fun?" He said, hopping up onto a tree branch and looking down at Bruno. All of a sudden, The nearby water began to ripple. Several Staryu and a small variety of Starmie began to arise out of the water with a large splash. spinning extremely fast. The red gem on them had turned into a black color to symbolize their corruption, and each of them were ready to take out Bruno.

"Have fun down there buddy!" Retus yelled out as he began to relax on the tree branch he had been sitting on.

(You can can control the corrupt pokemon I had Retus summon Samurai.)

------------------

Leigh followed the instructions Osha gave him until he arrived at the room he was instructed to meet the guildmaster. Unfortunately, nobody was he. All that was there was a walking stick that had been on the ground. "Think he may have went somewhere?" Leigh asked Anthony, concerned.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Will post hopefully sometime tonight. I've been busy the past few days with Baseball. Apologies.

EDIT:
    IC:

Bruno growled as the corrupt pokemon flew at him. His fists glowed with focus punch at his ready, and he began to deflect one after another. What he liked about fighting corrupt pokemon was that his aura protection from their corrupt and rather strange aura made him very hard to become corrupt like them. Another thing was that total corrupt pokemon as these, were blind in fighting. They thought nothing of defense, they were just a bunch of wild Mankey. Bruno smashed one after another, shattering a few of their inner cores, or shattering their legs, but doing this left him with gashes all along his arms.

Bruno let out a few breaths. "Your assistance is wasted, Retus." he said breathing deep. Thunder clapped overhead, and it began to rain hard. Bruno welcomed the sudden downpour. The rain washed his blood to the ground. Bruno cracked his knuckles. He was starting to tire. He knew by now, his students had gotten the explorers to the guild. Bruno...was strangely starting to feel at peace. Perhaps it was normal. He had not fought this hard in a long time. And him knowing the explorers were safe for the time being.....just felt good.

Bruno exhaled and put up his defenses again. "There's more where that came from."

A voice also came out of the trees, "And you will not stand alone."

Bruno smiled as he saw the glow of Hirotaro's Bone Rush attack. The way he used that attack.....it just fascinated Bruno. And Hirotaro came in hard, striking first at Retus (I'll let you decide hit or not), and landing next to his partner, the staff still glowing in his hands.

----------------------------

Anthony frowned. Where would Hirotaro be at this hour. Most of the time he'd be meditating here...but he wasn't.

"Hang on." Anthony said, and he went to the other side of the room, and ulled ack a curtain which led into Hirotaro's sleeping quarters. Hirotaro wasn't there.

Anthony came back into the room, wondering. "He must be out."

Thunder clapped, and it began to pour outside. Anthony, payed little notice, and asked, "Are you hungry?"

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    "Wasted? How much blood do ya got in you anyways? You look tired yourself buddy." Retus once again taunted Bruno. The water pokemon put up little fight. Either they just weren't that experienced or they were really blinded by the corruption. Having lost their mind, They couldn't think of any tactics or strategys unlike Retus, who had been holding his own fairly well. Retus stood firm as the sound of thunder clapped in the sky, joined by a hard downpour of rain. "Rain... heh..." Retus thought to himself holding his hand out to feel the water fall on it.

His moment was quickly interupted by the same sound he sensed earlier, and it was aimed for Retus. A lucario with a glowing bone staff moved in to attack Retus. He managed to dodge the attack, but the tree branch he was standing on fell apart. Losing balance, Retus fell straight for the ground, and landed on his stomach. "Oof!... Sheesh... No need to be rude mister guild master." Retus said, hoping up on his feet. Retus was getting tired himself, and the extra fighter wasn't going to make this battle any easier. Cruor hadn't done much either. Retus wasn't so sure if he would be as reliable as he had thought... The rain continued to pour on Retus. He could feel water flowing through his cracked eye.

"So the old man wants to handle the situation himself eh? All those Pokemon you sent to their deaths must be a REAL heavy loud on your shoulders eh?" He taunted with his large grin. "Don't worry. I'm not responsible for any of their deaths. That's not my job. All I do is give them a little taste of what the corruption can do... the ones who I feel aren't fit for being in the new world I'm willing to create. "

Retus looked down at a fainted Starmie by his feet. "...Though it is a shame that some, who are worthy of being a part of the good side, end up corrupt their selves. Curiosity killed the cat I suppose. Kehehehe..."

Retus began to glow with a dark aura. "Though... I guess I'm in the same boat. I'm the borderline that separates the right and the corrupt. My job is to choose who is worthy, and who is not..." His eyes began to glow a bright red. "Am I evil? Am I right? None could say. A world where everyone has a good will would mean the end of all conflict. A good deed. Though if it involves the deaths of others, then that could also be considered evil..." Retus paused for a moment.

"...I predict the corruption will indeed be destroyed, along with anyone involved. But that's the whole idea. If the evil end up corrupt, They'll be destroyed with the corruption rather you like it or not, leaving only the good to take over and make everything right... I don't consider myself worth of being a part of any of these sides. I'm bound to be destroyed by the corruption as well... but I will see this separation unfold!" Retus picked up the downed Stamie thunder struck the tree behind him.

"...You two are worthy of being a part of good side of the separation. However I don't appreciate resistance. If your willing to help the scum that ruined my life... and continue to have such madness repeat itself..." Retus held the Starmie up like a frisbee. "Then you and your entire guild are nothing but obsticals." He quickly threw the Starmie toward Hirotaro like a razor sharp frisbee. At the same time, He used Power gem.

-----------------------------

"Hah... Thought you'd never ask! Lets get the others to join in as well. They probably have it worse then I do." Leigh said excitedly. He wasn't much of an eatter due to his physical structure, but he needed the energy. Leigh wondered why Hirotaro would be out at a night like this. Bruno was probably still battling Retus... As he followed anthony, Leigh asked "...by any chance, Are Bruno and Hirotaro well acquainted?"

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Lets see some more posting now lol'

IC:

"Oof!... Sheesh... No need to be rude mister guild master." Retus said.
    Hirotaro held the staff in the mud, and kept a defensive stance. Something about the Sabeleye was different...
    "So the old man wants to handle the situation himself eh? All those Pokemon you sent to their deaths must be a REAL heavy loud on your shoulders eh? Don't worry. I'm not responsible for any of their deaths. That's not my job. All I do is give them a little taste of what the corruption can do... the ones who I feel aren't fit for being in the new world I'm willing to create."
    There was silence. Hirotaro wasn't liking what he heard.

"...Though it is a shame that some, who are worthy of being a part of the good side, end up corrupt their selves. Curiosity killed the cat I suppose. Kehehehe..."

Retus began to glow with a dark aura. "Though... I guess I'm in the same boat. I'm the borderline that separates the right and the corrupt. My job is to choose who is worthy, and who is not...Am I evil? Am I right? None could say. A world where everyone has a good will would mean the end of all conflict. A good deed. Though if it involves the deaths of others, then that could also be considered evil..."

Hirotaro shook his head. Hirotaro could sense the aura...

"...I predict the corruption will indeed be destroyed, along with anyone involved. But that's the whole idea. If the evil end up corrupt, They'll be destroyed with the corruption rather you like it or not, leaving only the good to take over and make everything right... I don't consider myself worth of being a part of any of these sides. I'm bound to be destroyed by the corruption as well... but I will see this separation unfold!...You two are worthy of being a part of good side of the separation. However I don't appreciate resistance. If your willing to help the scum that ruined my life... and continue to have such madness repeat itself...Then you and your entire guild are nothing but obsticals."

He threw the Starmie and used Power Gem. Hirotaroleapt and smashed the Starmie aside, and easily evaded the Power Gem attack. He landed, eyes glowing. "I can see through you." he said. "You who seek to control yor corruption, will only find yourself tangled in a web like an insect, which is signaling the spider. You may not realize it, but your body soon, will succumb to corruption, and then what would the point of your cause even be?"

Hirotaro leapt into a tree, but never took his eyes off the Sabeleye. "You do not see it. You do not hear it. The land around me is crying out. Something is amiss. I have seen it in dreams."

Hirotaro dissipated his staff, and let his palms glow. "You cannot see it, but it eats at you, and will soon show you that things are not as easy or as complex as they seem. Whether you choose to heed this warning or not, is not my call."

With that, he let loose aura sphere at Retus. And jumped up calling back his staff.

((If the explorers wanna meet in the dinner area that's cool))

Megaman765

Years
    Retus rolled away from the incoming Aura sphere. The impact caused another tree behind him to fall down. This time, straight onto Retus. Retus reacted quickly and used Shadow hold on the incoming tree, Keeping the falling tree in stuck in an angled position.

"If I didn't know it was eatting me, I wouldn't have protection from it." Retus said, pointing at his wristbands. If I were to remove these, I would lose my entire mind. Become more powerful then I'd personally want." A black smoke like substance began to pour from Retus' hands. Lightning Struck in the background "...I don't know how I can get it through your head. Best I stop trying to make sense and just show what I mean with simple actions." Retus looked over at the corrupt water and back at both Bruno and Hirotaro. Afterwards he moved in to use Shadow Rush on Hirotaro.

-----------------------

Leigh floated around to check for other guild members. Outside he could see Alaska, sitting up in a tree in the middle of the rain. "tsk... sleepyhead..." Leigh floated on outside of the building and floated up to meet up with Alaska. "You do realize its raining... Aren't you cold out here? We're all going to go eat" He asked Alaska.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    Alaska lied motionless against a branch, fast asleep. Her head feather drooped to the side, weighed down by the weight of the water raining down. "That Mankey has my money..." she said in her sleep. "You do realize its raining... Aren't you cold out here? We're all going to go eat," Leigh said as he floated beside Alaska. Since the message was transmitted in her head, she heard it clearly. "Ahhhhhhhhh!" she screamed as she woke up. "...Oh it's Leigh. Hi, Leigh," Alaska said almost as if nothing happened. She looked around, her feather still drooping. "Oh it's raining, let's go inside!" she pointed out as she leapt off the tree with ease.

Megaman765

Years
    Leigh smiled. He was amused at how oblivious Alaska was in her sleep. Even with such a storm, she could still sleep quietly. Leigh floated down beside alaska and followed her into the guild. He wondered where on earth the guild master would be at a time like this, considering the bad weather. But then he realized, that tomorrow would be the day that each of the groups would be sent on missions to deal with the corruption.

"Guess tommorow we'll be heading different paths eh?" Leigh conversed with Alaska. "kind of a shame but I guess what has to be done, has to be done eh?" Leigh actually did like alaskas team. They were a fun bunch to be around. He learned alot just sticking with a large group in the first place. For the longest time, Leigh had been a lone wanderer. While having no memory of anything before his exploring days, He would just ignore it, It was likely a memory he simply threw away due to the lack of importance it may have had.

"...I can't believe that Retus would sacrifice such a fine land for his own goals. I understand where he's coming from... but its not right." Leigh said.

"Hey! You know I've traveled around the new land quite alot... but I feel like I should share those experiences with you guys sometime. If...no...WHEN we deal with the corruption, I'd like to take you guys on an expedition around the new land. I'd love to show you all some of the secrets this land holds. What do ya say?"
    Leigh asked cheerfully, floating around Alaska in circles.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Xell followed the group without saying a word. Although he tried to do his best to not show it, he was exhausted. He was usually a glutton for food, but somehow, he actually wasn't that hungry. Knowing that he would probably need something if they were going to explore tomorrow, Xell figured that he would save himself for breakfast and not eat a whole lot for dinner.

Leigh, on the other hand, looked like he was ready to eat a Rapidash. He wondered briefly how Leigh actually ate... he seemed too gelatinous to eat and digest properly... it would be interesting. Overhearing the conversation he and Alaska were having, Xell intercepted. "I'm game." It felt nice to be invited to something, even though it seemed far away in the future.

((OOC: Sorry for my absence, my broken hand is recovering quickly and I should be back to typing at my regular speed. I'll do my best to keep up.))

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    As Chunk turned, he saw more people coming in, possibly members of the exploration team from earlier. He had lost sight of the other guy, that... what was his name...?
    It didn't matter, either ways, as Anthony had apparently proposed everyone to dine at the guild, which was something Chunk couldn't reject; after all, if there were any Oran Berries in the middle of the food, he could always sneak away with a couple of them.

"Seems like everyone's going to gather at the hall." He spoke up to Layne. "We ought to go too; maybe we'll get some leads to where to go next."

He wasn't sure if it had been correct to say that since he knew that both planned on climbing the mountains. However, the path was anything but safe, so speaking with the other team members was quite possibly the best choice.

"Come on." He said shortly before walking away, past Leigh and others, just in time to overhear some of the conversation and wonder just what exactly those secrets would be. He was tempted to ask, but ended up deciding against it.

"...I'd rather not. He mumbled to himself.

((OOC: Sorry for the gap in posts, people; couldn't find the time to write xD))

NightOfRemorse

Years
    "Sure, sounds fun!" Alaska replied. Leigh seemed excited about embarking on this journey. Alaska was also looking forward to it, as she loved adventures. "I'm game," she heard Xell reply from behind. Alaska's stomach growled. "I'm hungry, what about you guys?" she asked, looking at Leigh and then Xell. "Personally, I want a Miltank burger," she joked.

Alaska pushed opened the door to the guild and looked around. When she really thought about it, she realized the guild master hadn't been spotted yet. At least, not by her.
    Alaska suddenly remembered Retus, Cruor and Bruno's fight. They couldn't possibly still be fighting now. If they were, it must've been a brutal fight. Maybe the guild master left to join them? It made sense, seeing as how Retus and Cruor were dangerous and notorious outlaws. Alaska really wanted to fight too. She needed a rematch with Retus. Needed.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    "Heh, I'm up for whatevers available." Leigh replied floating toward the dinner area. The thought of adventure was exciting. Even dealing with the corruption would be quite an adventure in itself. Alot of the secrets he knew were mostly spots that don't get much visitors. With the corruption out and about, There would be no way of him recognizing any of these spots. The corrupt substance began acting up again.

Leigh floated ahead a bit but as he did, The blotch took the shape of a face again. There were 3 holes on the blotch, used as if they were eyes and a mouth. It made a motion as if it were laughing at everyone behind Leigh. "Sure has been quite a day eh?" Leigh mentioned out loud.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: I'M ALIVE! My internet should hopefully sty up for a while! Let me get a post out before I push my luck any further. Apologies for a sh** internet guys.

Hirotaro brought in his bone crush staff in a defensive stance against the Shadow Rush attack. Hirotaro was a master of defense, but also knew well the critical points on a pokemon's body (guildmaster = powerful). Brunogrowled and went on the offensive again, going for a Seismic Toss attack...

---------------------

Layne was walking with Chunk. And then they saw the other explorers enter. "Seems like everyone's going to gather at the hall." Chunk said "We ought to go too; maybe we'll get some leads to where to go next."

"I'd hope so." Layne said, popping his neck.

He followed Chunk and the others to what appeared to be a dining hall. Layne wasn't all that hungry at the moment. He took a seat and simply thought to himself. He saw Anthony with some of the other explorers. Anthony was talking in a regular tone. "I'm not too sure where Hirotaro is. I wonder if he went to help out Bruno. They are taking a bit long..."

OOC: I'm back. Sorry for a not so good I'm back post.

NightOfRemorse

Years
    "Heh, I'm up for whatevers available," Leigh said as he floated to the dinner area. He floated around for a moment, and the corrupted blotch in his gooey substance began to move. It made three holes in itself, creating a face that seemed to be laughing at everyone. It was very peculiar, as if this thing had a real mind of its own. Self-aware. It looked as if it could spread and make itself large enough to swallow up all 2.2 pounds of Leigh. Why it hasn't, Alaska wasn't sure.

"Sure has been quite a day eh?"
    Leigh asked. Alaska tilted her head at the face, thinking about whether she should say anything or not. "It sure has," she acknowledged. Layne and Chunk walked into the dining hall. Layne simply sat down and spaced out, not seeming hungry or at all interested in anybody else's presence.

OOC: @New2: That's good, I'm glad your hand is healing up okay. @Samurai: No worries :]

Megaman765

Years
    Retus was pushed back by Hirotaro's strong defense. Retus was growing extremely tired...Physically. Even with the corruption, He still had the limits of a normal pokemon. Suddenly, Bruno got a grip on Retus from behind and Pile drived Retus to the ground using Seismic toss head first. He could hear the sound of his own skull from the impact of the ground. Retus pulled out of Bruno's Grip and gasped for air.

"eh... Eh... I'm not done... Keh..." That was a lie. Retus knew at this rate, he was beaten. He knew he didn't stand a chance against Bruno but the intrusion of the guildmaster made it all worse. Retus had gotten himself in a tight situation. Retus slowly marched over to Hirotaro weakly and attempted to throw a punch, Only to fall to the ground. His vision was fuzzy from the last seismic toss attack and the glimmer in his eyes was beginning to weaken into a lifeless gray. Retus held himself up on all fours and attempted to stand on his feet. He began to think about Cruor... what a big help he was... He was a prime example of Pokemon he didn't want in his new world.

"Gah... I'm... not..." Just then, Retus collapsed. Lightning stuck in the sky as rain fell hard on Retus' body. He had lost... he was bound to be brought to the guild or something... "Sheesh. The boss is gonna be in for a fit." Retus thought to himself. "Being captured... though... this...might actually work out... heh..."

------------------------
    Leigh floated over to one of the chair but didn't bother sitting down on it. His floatiness was enough to keep him up. He eagerly waited for the food to arrive on the table. The odd face shape was still behind Leigh. Though at the angle Leigh was sitting, All the face like shape could see was a wall, depriving it of any kind of fun. Leigh was still oblivious of this weird behavior and was unaware that others were able to see it. Leigh looked back at his Corrupt blotch and it quickly went back to normal. The blotch was teasing Leigh, Hiding the fact it had a mind of its own... Leigh gave off a sigh.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    Chunk waited a moment after Layne sat before he sat down himself. He wanted to get a clear view of the dining hall, searching for anything that could call his attention.

Like a beacon in the night, Leigh was the first and only one to capture his eye; his ears twitched, and he felt a sudden urge to run towards and against him - electricity shortly ran in his teeth.

You'll draw too much attention... The warning echoed in his mind in an attempt to calm himself down. But the more he looked, the greater that drive became.

So he quickly turned away - rather, looked at who was at Leigh's side, such was the need to turn back that he couldn't look much further away - to Alaska, who in exchange seemed to have stared at both him and Layne.

I have to control myself... He kept thinking as he sat down and was finally able to look someplace else besides Leigh; for example, the wood table.

"The sooner we're out of here, the better..."

Back