• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

jarchio

Worst nightmare, best ally
    Years
    Slowly Jarchio walked up to the guild. "Common Jarchio," he said to himself, "this is your last chance!" At first he started to back away, but then with a deep breath we walked into the doorway. Finding the ladder to the main room, Jarchio started to descend his heart in his throat. "Oh" He said quickly as he noticed them sitting at a table of what he could make out as the dinner hall.

Waiting after their dinner he saw a Shinx, "E-Excuse me!" He said reaching the Shinx "Sorry B-but can you please point me in the direction of the Guild-master... Please?" he asked.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    OOC: Before I post as Hirotaro and Bruno, I'd like to see a post from Michael.

IC

Layne was in deep thought, but he could feel his partner's anticipation, a mile away if he had to. And something was getting him edgy. Layne still didn't know too much about his new partner, but if he continued this way, Layne knew it was going to be a long hard ride, and it was already supposed to be hard enough. He seemed rather hostile against Leigh. Sure Leigh was somewhat corrupt, but the guildmaster or whoever was in charge wouldn't have let him in had he posed some threat. At least that was what Layne hoped anyway.

"Calm yourself down, man." Layne said quiet enough for Chunk to hear. "We don't want something to fall apart here."

A few minutes later, in came a Riolu. Layne was new to the area and the guild, but he didn't recognize a Riolu on the guild crew. The Riolu was very nervous about something, and seemed shaky in the voice. He nudged Chunk and asked if the Guildmaster was in the room.

Layne, eyes closed, still in thought, and arms crossed, leaned over, and looked at the Riolu, and said, "He's not in here. Don't know where he is."

jarchio

Years
    Jarchio, after the buizel said "he's not in here," feeling sad started to walk out but before he did he felt his aura and quickly turned back around. "I'm sorry" he began looking directly at the buizel. "But your aura says different, arent you the guildmaster?" Feeling Victorious, jarchio let out a smile. Slowly his smile faded and he spoke again. "please sir," he started, "i have no where else to go!" he finished as he opened his bag. "I-I know guilds need payment for someone to join but," he started dumping out multiple ripe,fresh berries. "I thought this would help you choose." he finished now adding oran berries to the stack.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    "It's instinctive." He simply replied, continuing his watch over the table.

Having ignored the Riolu the first time he spoke to answer Layne, Chunk's mind immediately changed when countless berries fell from his bag; he wouldn't have given it much attention, had it not been for the ORan Berries that were added to the stack just afterwards.

"Where did you..." He trailed off, watching the pile of berries with wide open eyes. He slowly raised his head to face the Riolu in the eyes.

This guy could be my salvation... He thought, immediately devising a plan. So the Riolu thought Layne was the guild master, right? Then that was clearly something he could take advantage of!

Chunk quickly turned to Layne and cowered, whispering afterwards:

"This Riolu thinks you're the guildmaster... Think about it! I need that stuff, and he can detect aura." He paused to look back at the Riolu for a moment before turning forward again. "He took your aura for that of a guildmaster's... so what keeps you from acting like one?"

((OOC: Remember that chat we had about Chunk having a not-so-good side? It's coming. xD))

jarchio

Years
    "was i wrong?" Jarchio questioned looking at the shinx whispering to the buizel. "Did this stupid ability to scense aura trick me again?" he said questioning his abilities. Sadly jarhio stared at the ground. Not knowing what to do, he just stood there. Slowly he started to back away, "Ok then" he started tears filling his eyes "I wont bother you any longer" He muttered fighting the tears. Slowly he turned around and started to leave the room completely forgeting the berries.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: Oh don't put Layne on the spot lol....

IC
    The Riolu turned around, as Layne finished his sentence. Layne continued to go back into deep thought, when the Riolu spoke again. "I'm sorry, but your aura says different, aren't you the guildmaster?"
    Layne's eyes which were staring at the table in front of him, widened. Him? A guildmaster? The Riolu spoke again, "Please sir, I have no where else to go!"

Layne stood up and put his paws up in a calming motion, "Uh listen....uhh kid....uh, I'm not..."

"I-I know guilds need payment for someone to join but," the Riolu said, dumping out berries galore. Layne looked to the other end. The other guild members were busy in speaking with each other, particularly Osha and Anthony, who didn't seem to notice what was happening over here. "I thought this would help you choose."

Chunk's eyes gaped at the berries and fruit. "Where did you..."
    Layne then tried to finish what he had begun. "Look, I'm not-"
    Chunk took Layne aside and said, "This Riolu thinks you're the guildmaster... Think about it! I need that stuff, and he can detect aura." He paused to look back at the Riolu for a moment before turning forward again. "He took your aura for that of a guildmaster's... so what keeps you from acting like one?"
    Layne whispered back with some sarcasm, "Oh I don't know, the fact that I'm not?" Layne wasn't a leader! He hardly believed that his aura was in any way shape or form even similiar to that of a guildmaster. Was there even specific aura found in a quildmaster? He thought of the Lucario he had met a few hours ago, and of Wigglytuff back home. Was their aura simliiar? Sure Wigglytuff was a natural for a guildmaster, but man.......the guy's attention span, and behavior was that of a child sometimes.

"Was I wrong?" The Riolu asked, "Did this stupid ability to sense aura trick me again?" With that, the Riolu, who looked in tears, began to turn away. Layne didn't know whatto do. His partner...seemed to want to take advantage of this. For what? A couple berries?

That was another thing. Why did Chunk have such a thing for Orans? Sure they tasted good and all, and not to mention, they gave energy, and killed pain, but Chunk looked like he...NEEDED them. What was the deal? He looked back at Chunk who seemed to be giving him that "Come on" look.
    Layne sighed. "Oh God, why am I about to do this?"

Layne straightened out and asked, "What can I help you with?"

"That's it." Layne thought to himself, "I'm dead."

jarchio

Years
    Quickly, just as he was about to place his foot out of the room, his ear perked as the Buizel finished his sentence. He turned around crying, not for sorrow, but... for joy. Joy that he might finally be accepted as part of something. Joyously he started to speak "Thank you" he said looking as if he was about to bound for joy, although his tears almost blinded him. His joy however was short lived. Just as he was wiping away his tears, the bands on his right arm immediately unraveled, showing his deep gray birthmark. "Thats it" He thought "I blew it!" standing there gazing at the crowd horror stricken. Waiting for one of them to yell "Freak, or Demon" Instead of leaving like he did before. He stood there waiting.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    As Leigh waited patiently for the food to arrive, There was a conversation going on at the other end of the table. A Riolu had walked in looking for the guildmaster. Nobody knew where he might have been at the moment, but Leigh sort of felt sorry for him. Leigh was fooled by his appearance and personality and thought that he was younger then himself. What suprised Leigh was that this Riolu was packed with several berries. Maybe they could be preserved, in order to grow some more berries for the whole guild.

The Riolu had confused Layne for the guild master oddly enough, claiming his aura was similar. He seemed to play along, Possibly to bring up his spirits but they were sure to be in trouble once the real guildmaster arrived... Nevertheless, It seemed harmless enough. Leigh was tempted to introduce himself as well. He wondered what his own aura was like... Considering the corrupt blotch, Something must have been up with it.

After Layne called the Riolu back, He began to look stressed about something. As tempted as he was to stick his nonexistant nose in the situation, He wasn't so sure about getting close to Chunk... The guy wasn't exactly friendly before.

jarchio

Years
    Looking around jarchio knew everyone was staring at him, what he didnt know was if they were staring at his mark or just him in general. "maybe...." he thought "maybe i can fake it, maybe i can say its a scar and grab the wraps." But it was no good he couldnt even talk or move. Jarchio felt sweat drip down his back. Time seemed to stop, minutes turned to hours, and he just waited. "what else can i do" he thought frantic eyes jumping back and forth.

D. Lawride

Years
    ((OOC: They're addictive man! Addictive! D: ))

"Yes!" Chunk's eyes immediately lit up as Layne tagged along and spoke to the Riolu as if he were the guildmaster; in that quick moment where the Riolu came running back from the exit, the Shinx swiftly sneaked behind the Pokémon and took a couple of Oran berries and threw them into the small bag on his leg, proceeding to gobble another one down in seconds.

It didn't take long before the pain in the bandaged leg eased, which in a way was causing Chunk to grow ever nervous, heaving a sigh of relief.

Just as he was about to address both of the Pokémon, the Riolu, in the midst of cleaning his tears, undeliberately removed the bandages around its arm, exposing a cross-shaped, gray birthmark.
    Chunk would have been left speechless if it weren't for sharing similar marks - not birth ones, but war, such as the scar that marked his hinder left leg.

But the kid looked terrified about it! He just stood there, frozen in place.

"Er... something wrong?" Chunk managed to ask.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: I see they are.

IC:
    Layne barely caught glimpse of Chunk's actions when the Riolu was talking, but what Chunk did still was mystery to Layne. Layne was reminded of he bag on the back of one of his legs, from carrying him to the guild, but Layne's thoughts shifted, once the Riolu stood petrified.

And what for? Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to be up.

Layne looked from the Riolu to Chunk and back again, before finally saying, "He's as edgy and frantic as you." Layne said popping his neck, and crossing his arms again. "Learn to relax."

Sure there was a situation up north, and if it wasn't taken care of, the world could be at risk, but that why they were here. Layne had learned to take the calm approach. Though right now, he wasn't too happy he had been.....pressured into the situation he was currently in. Where was the real guildmaster when you needed him?

He gave Chunk a look, as if to say 'you owe me one if we get out of this...'

Last edited:

jarchio

Years
    After the two pokemon said something that told jarchio, noticed his birthmark, he said "oh sorry" then quickly he picked up the wrap and behind his back tied his arm up again. Changing the subject he said "by the way" he said to the Shinx "I hope those oran berrys were tasy" he said smiling while the shinx sat there shocked. "Mr. umm... Guildmaster..." jarchio started again. "I came here looking for a exploration team to join... Please do you have any openings?" he finished his mood changing to a happier personality.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Alaska watched the whole scene unfold. The Riolu changed emotions very many times, first sad, then happy, then sad again as he took off a bandage on his arm. Something had to be up, and he had food. More specifically, berries.

The Riolu put the bandage back on. Alaska wished she could have heard what they were talking about. She observed the Riolu intently, deciding whether she should go introduce herself or not. Maybe she shouldn't run over there if she did decide to go over.

Being a Sneasel, Alaska already seemed to look frightening to some Pokémon. She didn't understand that, though. The newcomer looked petrified enough, so Alaska got up from the table, gave a small smile to Leigh and walked over.

"Hello! I'm Alaska! What's your name?" Alaska asked. It was a pretty awkward way to come about, but it didn't matter as long as an awkward silence didn't ensue.

jarchio

Years
    (my computers down so all i have is my Iphone)

Staring straight at the buizel jarchio never noticed the pokemon who walked over to him and introduced themself. Looking over jarchio smiled at the sneasel standing before him. "Im jarchio, pleased to meet you alaska" smiling jarchio nodded at the pokemon. He knew they thought he was jumpy so he decided to show his calm side and listened as Alaska spoke to him.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Xell withdrew from his contemplation and noticed the attention had gone to the Riolu, who had stumbled in and, in a fit of hysterics, exhibited his emotions in the extremes. Xell mused over the Riolu, entertained. Heh. Poor guy must be just as nervous as I am. Suddenly, he realized how nervous he actually was. It was slightly embarrassing. Alaska was already introducing herself to him. He wasn't one to be shallow, although he came off often that way. He wasn't outspoken, or outgoing.

He inched toward them as stealthily as he could, trying to draw as little attention to himself as he could as possible. Although he was curious as to what he was like, he only stared on from silent observation. He did have food, and seeing as Xell was a bit of a glutton, he was interested in how he managed to acquire all of those succulent berries... Xell was drooling thinking about it. He halted himself and snuck up to the back of the group.

((OOC: I apologize for my delay. Not very polite of me. I'll do my best to check regularly in the future. Cast is off in two weeks. Can't wait!))

SamuraiMaster

Years
    OOC: No worries, I think we're all trying to get back into the posting vibe. It's been a bit of a break I guess. Hurry back Michael lul. Stupid laptop.

IC:

While the Riolu, who had introduced himself as Jaricho, talked with the pokemon, Layne only knew as Alaska, he took Chunk aside, and said, "Any bright ideas on what he just asked? I think it would be a bit weird if a newcomer just waltzed up, asking for an opening in a team, and the...'guildmaster'...just said, 'Oh sure, join our team...' I'm walking blind here."

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    ...Leigh couldn't help himself. Everybody was meeting up with the new guy and Leigh still hadn't budged. It was only an introduction. Whats the worst that could happen? Still, He was rather nervous himself, Mostly because of Chunk. But it's only an introduction after all. Leigh followed Xell's movement, being stealthy and joining the large group casually. Xell had been stareing at the berrys as if in a trance, And Alaska was giving her former introduction to Jaricho.

"Erm... Hi. You can Call me Leigh. Pleased to meet cha." Leigh said calmly as he floated near the front of the group. He looked down at all of the fresh berries on the floor. "Wow... Where did you find all of these? Imagine if we grew more of these..."

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
    "He's worse." Chunk replied, looking up to wink at the look Layne was throwing at him.

Chunk wasn't too shocked at the fact that the Riolu had managed to find out he had eaten a berry; it had been what the Riolu said afterwards that unexpectedly struck the Shinx: a request to join an exploration team.
    Just as he was about to say something, the Sneasel from before approached and introduced herself to the newcomer, which gave Layne enough time to take Chunk aside and inquire about what to do next. Needless to say, Chunk was just about as confused.

"We both are." He silently replied, tyring to engineer a plan.
    And it came to be once Leigh came into sight again.

Instead of a sudden desire to rip the Pokémon apart for the single fact that it carried corruption within itself, a complex - but very simple - plan's outline began to appear.

"An exploration team?" Chunk suddenly spoke out to Jarchio, walking past Leigh while throwing a discreet glare at him. "Well, I happen to be the leader of Team Salvadores..." Chunk was already describing a circle around the Riolu. "So what do you say? Do you want to fight the spread of corruption with us? Fighting against enemies... like him?" The last part had been more of a thought than an actual whisper, but the most acute of listeners would have heard it, and the close observer would have noticed that Chunk wasn't looking at Jarchio's back, but past him, at Leigh, with a treacherous grin.

jarchio

Years
    Jarchio smiled at the warm welcome. Then turning towards the pokemon who hovered up, he replied "well most of them came from a mountain in my home town but those oran berries were hard.." he said happily "i had to plant them an water them ever hour exactly. But when i was done the pokemon at the store he bought the tree from me." he said pulling out a small bag of money.

Then jarchio noticed the sinx walk up to him speaking about explorarion teams. "I happen to be the leader of team salvadores" the shinx said then it asked jarchio if he wanted to join. His heart throbbed and jarchio found himself smiling harder, his dreams were coming true. "YES!" jarchio blurted out but then he said again softer "i mean if you really will allow me to join" jarchio could feel his heart throbbing harder and harder while he waited for an answer

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Years
    Chunk hadn't even finished speaking when the Riolu suddenly squealed 'YES!', followed by a lower toned 'I mean, if you really will allow me to join.'. The Shinx's eyes lit up upon hearing this.

"Isn't that just perfect?" He added, pushing Jarchio in Layne's direction with his head. Once he was standing in front of him, Chunk went around and motioned towards the Buizel with his head again. "Layne here is also part of Team Salvadores. And you..." Chunk went around Jarchio again and pushed him until he went against Layne. "Are now part of it as well."

As soon as Chunk thought the message had gone across, he leaped to the Riolu's side and looked at him with the most serious look he could figure.

"But I have to warn you... we don't take the job lightly." He then said, looking back at the group behind them as if to see if anyone was listening. "Always - always - keep an eye out for... corruption..."

Back