• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (OOC/Sign Ups)

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Three years have passed since the restoration of Time and Space (Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky). And as time went by after those events, things slowly returned to normal around the world. Of course, the Explorer teams remained intact, and pokemon would still require help on certain missions, but nothing for three years threatened the world's peace. In fact, during this time of peace, a new land, filled was beauty and radiance was discovered. Pokemon began to settle there, making a few small towns. The land was filled with forest, plains, and high mountains.

However one day, a group of the locals there went to one of the area's springs. The springs before had been a popular spot for relaxation. But, now it looked as if it had changed. It was darker, and a strange aura of dark energy was present, though the pokemon suspected nothing. When they came out, their hide became darker, and they became blind with rage and unbelievable power (shadow pokemon).

At first, the locals at the towns simply barred off the springs, but that didn't stop other pokemon from going anyway, despite what had happened. The locals also noticed that the same thing was happening in other places. Parts of the woods, mountains, and rivers and lakes were also starting to get corrupt with this dark energy. And the pokemon that lived in these areas, when exposed for a long enough time, would turn corrupt themselves, and go blind with rage.

The locals, fearing the worst, put out a call for help from Exploration Teams all over the world. They knew that abandoning the land would not help the situation at all. The corruption was spreading at a fast rate, and they feared if left unchecked, it would spread, and affect areas and pokemon all over the world.

Teams answered the call, but the first attempts ended in failure as some of the best teams went in and became corrupt themselves. The best guildmasters from around the world put their minds together, and found ways to make certain belongings give off an aura that would ward off the effects of this dark energy in the corrupt areas.

The world is seeing yet another threat, and Explorer teams are now answering the call. The mission sounds simple, but is going to be a hard journey. Investigate the areas of corruption, find a way to heal the corruption on both the land and pokemon, and find the cause of the corruption.

This will require the full cooperation of Exploration Teams, and we expect nothing but success. The world depends on it. Good luck.

RULES
    -Basic RP rules apply here. No godmodding, no mary sue characters, etc etc etc I shouldn't have to go over this basic stuff that is obvious to most RPers.
    -Keep swearing to an absolute minimum. I don't really care for swearing, and if you do it, it's not like I'm gonna point my magic finger at you and kick you, but hey, it's not necessary to drop f-bombs every other post.
    -I don't play by pokemon levels. I TRUST you know not to overpower your character in stupid ways. I don't care how the show runs, infinite dodging really doesn't happen often. And your attack won't be dead on every time.
    -I don't play by the 4 move only moveset rule either, mainly because I don't see how a pokemon needs to forget something in order to learn something new (what, does a pokemon have a brain the size of a peanut, or something?). But for now, a maximum of nine moves only. Moves can be learned as we progress.
    -In your moveset, you may include moves learned naturally, by TM, breeding, and Tutor. Improvisational moves can be done in this RP, but they better make sense. I don't wanna see someone pulling Thunder Armor out of thin air. (I still dont get how that works, and I still dislike it above anything else in Pokemon)
    -The plot is laid out in a very broad sense, and is still in the makes. You got any ideas, go ahead and PM me. I am open for more ideas than the ones in my head.
    -No human turned pokemon characters. I know most PMD stories have them, but I'd like to see the pokemon figure stuff out on their own and stuff. Plus human characters tend to be the center of plots, which can lead to RPer feuds and I have lived through enough feuds to last me a life-time.
    -Have fun, but consider your other RPers. What I mean there, is don't make it so you're the only one having fun, and everyone else has a bone to pick with you. (I know someone who does this a lot, and it really slows the RP down).
    -No you can't be a legendary as your main character (though that should be obvious). Don't ask if you can be one. Now as far as storyline is concerned, should one enter play, if one wants to play it, PM me, and we'll talk.
    -For your character, I'd prefer stage one pokemon only. If you want to be evolved to start off, I will only allow a certain amount of first stage evolutions in the RP. I will NOT allow second stage evolutions to start this off. Evolution may come into play later.
    -If you wish to control multiple characters, be my guest, but I'd prefer less than five. I know people who insist on controlling a lot of RP characters, and it confuses me to the point of wanting to quit an RP.
    -My friend has ways of ensuring you read plots. I'll just trust you know to read the rules and plot, but do NOT ask me any questions regarding plot that has been stated already, or we may have a problem. I am glad to clarify things, but I don't like sounding like a broken record (especially once again after I've roleplayed with some of the people over at the other place I RP at...).
    -As far as Exploration teams go, I am currently sitting on the fence of choose a name for your team. Depending on how popular this RP is, there will be a certain amount of teams, each 2-3 players big. For now, I will have four teams, and if we get more attention, I will increase the number possibly. The first people to name a team name will be able to lead a team. If this doesn't make much sense, PM me for clarification.

Now that we've started..........here's a few more rules that I should probably clarify.
    -Please please please please please.......use proper grammar. I understand not all of us have the GPA of College graduates, but let's try to make our posts as easy to read as possible. This does NOT mean half-ass the post.
    -I'd prefer each post to be at least a paragraph in length. Now I will be lenient on this rule, mainly because, let's face it. If you're in a convo with someone, there's not much to do than reply and maybe add two or three more sentences. I'm not saying that in convos, you need to work your brain to fill an entire paragraph, but if you don't have a good enough reason not to post a paragraph, well......lets just say, details count and stuff.
    -If there is a RPer that is getting on your nerve for whatever reason, please do what you can to reason with that person before coming to me. Where I come from, there's an RP I'm in where it seems that all we do is point fingers at everyone. I'm kinda surprised the RP is still alive after all the bombs we've dropped to be honest. Now if your reasoning fails, and the problem worsens, I will be glad to help sort stuff out, but I will probably NOT take a side, as any time I have taken a side, I always seem to end up in a hot spot. I will do all within my power to appease both ends.
    -PLEASE......stay active. If you're gonna go on vacation for a couple weeks, let us know ahead of time. At least a day or two in advance (though a week is preferred). That way we can make some arrangements as to what we can do with your character, shelf it for a while, or grant someone else temporary control (the only godmode I am okay with). We all prefer if you did this instead of wait until the last minute and post in the OOC saying, "I'm going to Paris for a couple weeks, won't be online much, okay bye bye."
    -Be sure to check the OOC rules when I say there's an update. If there's an update, I expect you to get in the loop with it. I don't take time to write these rules out for my health (though my fingers get good typing practice, on this crappy keyboard that doesn't always type a letter when I hit it...)

Questions or comments? PM me.

Character Sheet

Name:
    Species: (if you want to be a Gen V pokémon, I'm okay with that, so long as you know how to RP as them [see I won't really know Gen 5 until March 6th or 7th.])
    Appearance: (Anything that makes your pokemon stand out. Wanna be a shiny? Be my guest. [I still don't see why people fancy shiny pokemon])
    Personality: (How does your pokemon behanve normally, or in certain situations. Don't pull the 'Find out in the RP card on me.')
    Bio: (I want details on this. At least a paragraph, and a paragraph to me is seven sentences. I would prefer more than a paragraph, but if you're not in the mood to do it, I guess that's cool. I prefer more, because not only does it help me study your character more, but it helps me see how well an RPer you are on some levels.)
    Moveset: (9 move limit at the moment. Can be learned naturally, by TM, breeding, or Tutor. I don't consider HM moves to be moves)
    Fun Fact: (This is optional. Maybe your pokemon is really good at doing a certain thing or something like that...)
    Team: (Which team are you on? Now if there are not four teams already mentioned, you may make another team, otherwise join a team already made, or go undecided.)

My Character:

Name:
    Layne
    Species: Buizel - The Sea Weasel Pokémon
    Appearance: A bit taller than most Buizel, and wears goggles on his forehead.
    Personality: Layne can be a bit of a serious Buizel sometimes. He constantly soul searches and looks into life's meaning. He can be seen sometimes in a kind of meditation, in which he will sit on a cliff, and just stare at the sea. Though when around his friends, he can be a very happy individual. Layne has always had a love of water, and spends a lot of time swimming, and hanging around the beach.
    Bio: Layne grew up near Treasure Town, and near the ocean. Layne, though he never knew his parents, grew up happy. And though exploration never came across his mind, after saving a drowning Riolu, he became an explorer, inspired to help more pokemon. He joined Wigglytuff's Guild, and met another Buizel there, by the name of Autumn. The two had a few clashes at first, due to the fact that before Layne joined, Autumn was the oldest member of the guild (beow Wigglytuff and Chatot.) Though after a storm completely flooded and destroyed Autumn's bedroom, he went into the room to retrieve a personal belonging, that at one point belonged to her mother. Layne, almost drowned in this due to getting pinned under a rock, had Autumn and Corphish not come in after a certain amount of time.
    After that, Autumn and Layne grew closer. And though they weren't much help during the restoration of Time and Space, they helped when they could, and where they could.
    Autumn, was obviously much more interested in exploring and helping others than Layne was. She enjoyed going to far off lands, and looking for treasure, where Layne was just as satisfied staying at base and helping locals when they needed it. Autumn didn't mind this, in fact she is amused by that part of Layne.
    When the new land was discovered, Autumn was thrilled, but that thrill turned to astonishment when the news of corruption came to the guild. Autumn and a handful of other teams at the guild were among the first to volunteer to go investigate.
    Layne stayed behind as he normally did. However, when Autumn's partner, Pyro (a Charmander) was reported to have been corrupt (though restored to an extent), Layne immediately joined other groups to go across the sea, and investigate. His goggles are bestowed with the aura to withstand the corruption. Layne is determined to find Autumn, and help her the rest of the way in this adventure.
    Moveset: Aqua Jet, Sonicboom, Water Gun, Iron Tail, Dig, Ice Punch, Water Pulse
    Fun Fact: Layne can swim faster than most Buizel, and has even outswam a Floatzel before. Layne can also hold his breath for up to 15-20 minutes (the average Buizel can hold his breath for 5-8 minutes), depending on how good a breath of air he gets (Buizel is still a mammal, and therefore does not have infinte lung capacity, despite being a water type).
    Team: A member of Salvadores

EDIT: Something war brought to my attention. Exploration teams! Check the rules again for update!

----------------

Accepted:
    D. Lawride - "Chunk"
    Lilliana - Felicia
    Megaman765 - Leigh
    Diamond1304 - Teddius
    jasonwolf - "Zariant" (Zeke)
    MichaelDj54 - Flare
    New2 - Xell
    NightOfRemorse - Alaska

Teams: (If there are open spots, the team is open, but by request, the team leader [founder] may reserve the right to close offf one spot. All teams must have at least two people.)
    Salvadores - 'Chunk', Layne, [OPEN]
    Team Fiere (CLOSED) - Felicia, Flare, Leigh
    Team Heliantheae - Maria L., Teddius, [OPEN]
    Team Hunter (CLOSED) - Zariant, Xell, Alaska

Currently Undecided: (You must be on a team before you can post)

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    Name: 'Chunk'

Species: Shinx

Appearance: An ordinarily colored Shinx. He has three scars, most likely from slashes, on the left hinder leg, and several bandages on the other one. He has a small bag on the front left leg, one big enough to carry a berry. His right ear is missing a small chunk (as if it was bitten off), and his hair is slightly longer and ruffled. Here's the actual appearance for reference: https://arcticquilava.deviantart.com/#/d3a9dcm

Personality: Chunk often comes by as being silent, but not distant; he will easily consider someone his superior as long as he sees others doing the same. He won't question what his superiors tell him, however, mostly for unfoundedly fearing the consequences, even if they don't exist. He will protect the small bag with his life, and will act quickly if under attack, which can sometimes be bad on his side. But if he acknowledges he can trust someone, then he most certainly will.

Move set: Thunder Fang and Bite/Crunch, Quick Attack, Spark, Charge, Leer

Bio: During the times preceding the trouble in time and space, Chunk lived a calm life with his parents in the Amp Plains, when his tribe was still the leading one. His father was teaching him how to use his first offensive moves, such as Bite and Spark, and Chunk progressed at a certain point.
    Then one day, the war with the Manectric Tribe broke in; him and his parents were forced to fight for their turf, but ended up losing; this cost Chunk all of the injuries he still carries today, such as the bite on the ear and the scars on both hinder legs. His parents and he were forced to flee from the Amp Plains, wandering aimlessly for many days and weeks. To help in curing his injuries, his mother gave him a small bag where he could carry an Oran Berry for every time he felt weakened.
    But it was about to get worse. With the disturbances in space and time, Chunk – as he was now called by everyone he knew – saw his parents become enraged and taken away by the guilds as a way of securing all other Pokémon.
    Now left alone, Chunk tried for some of the other guilds in the area, always searching for his parents; he was accepted into several, and led to believe his parents were being held captive in the guild he was in, he was treated as an inferior. Chunk grew into a silent, fearful Pokémon, never daring to contradict his superiors for being told that his parents would be taken down if he did so. He would manage to escape from many of these guilds, most after being told or discovering that his parents were in fact not there.
    Only one guild didn't give him that treatment; the Wigglytuff Guild. He was surprisingly welcome in those times of war against the enraged Pokémon that threatened the world. Following his masters' orders strictly, he would become stronger, always attempting to help out with the chores and missions.
    And yet, three years after the whole incident, Chunk hadn't given up on his priority mission. And with the rise of a new threat, he knew he would face the time when he would have to join an actual exploration team and venture out by himself to investigate one of the most dangerous factors ever: corruption…

Fun fact: He keeps an Oran Berry or just any kind of berry (one only) in his bag because he occasionally feels pain in the hinder legs.
    Team: Salvadores (seriously, it's the first name that came to mind xD)

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
    I shall create a character Sign-up in due time. It shouldn't take too long, tomorrow by the latest. I'm thinking of going for Hoppip, although I'm bound to change my mind sooner or later.

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    Name: Felicia

Species: Vulpix

Appearance: (I love shiny Vulpix soo cute)

Personality: Felicia is a very shy Vulpix. She isn't very social at first not until she gets to know her teammate but getting to know people is hard for her, since she is deaf. If she's in danger extreme enough she can freeze but at moments has courage. She's the quieter, planning type than the let's go get em without thinking type.

Bio: Her first five years of life have been tough. Due to an accident with her egg being dropped before she hatched Felicia is deaf. She cannot hear but can still talk. Because of this she was taught by her mother and father to read lips, so she could still communicate with other Pokemon. Throughout her first few years Felicia was constantly tormented for her disability and thus had no friends. Shortly before her third birthday her father died and her mother disappeared leaving her all alone. Now two years later Felicia has signed up for an exploration team, hoping to help save the world and search for her mother along the way.

Moveset: Flame Burst, Will-O-Wisp, Attract, Flare Blitz, Captivate, Imprison, Quick Attack, Extrasensory, Sunny Day.

Fun Fact: I want the challenge of her not being able to hear :)

Team: Team Fiere

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Name: Leigh
    Species: Yuniran (Here's a picture in case you don't know what he looks like)

Appearance:
    Like any other Yuniran, Leigh is basicly a floating green blob thing. In the blob is its physical form, A pale green blob with black eyes, a red diamond shape mouth and a curly yellow horn. The most important unique thing about Leigh is a small spot of black on him. The black spot on the green blob happened when Leigh came into minor contact with the corruption. Floating around in Leigh's protective green gel is a small crystal that prevents further contact with the corruption. So far, the blackish bit of his green gel hasn't effected Leigh at all.

Personality
    : While very intelligent, He always loves to do pranks using telepathy, his only form of communication. He can easily change the tone of his voice to make it sound almost like somebody else. Using this, He speaks through somebody's mind to freak them out all to his own enjoyment. He often hides in tall grass or bushes while doing this and blends in very well. In normal conversation, Leigh is acts decent by certain standards. He will usually act like a complete smart ass to any Pokemon he has a disagreement with, or just hates in general.

Leigh absolutely despises when Pokemon attempt to touch him or poke at the green blob he's in. Any Pokemon that has tried this has often been forcefully pushed back by his psychic powers, or attacked, but not before being warned. He also does not like to think about the small bit of corruption on his green gel. Because his species can live in any kind of environment, Leigh is very fond of traveling around the world.

Bio: Leigh has resided in the new land for quite awhile. He didn't exactly have a real home, but instead he just slept wherever he could. Harsh weather conditions are shrugged off due to the nature of his species making it very easy living for Leigh. Every so often, he preforms pranks on passerbyers and local townsfolk.

One day when Leigh went on a telepathic pranking spree and wandered near the springs, where the corruption incident began. He came across a Furret that had darker skin and had a look in its eyes as if it wanted to completely break someone. Leigh was unaware and spoke through its mind telepathically. This alerted the Furret and attacked Leigh viciously. Leigh barely warded off the corrupt pokemon and was left with a blackish color on a small section of Leigh's green gel. He began to worry because several other pokemon in the area had the very same look in their eyes. Leigh was on the borderline of corruption. It wasn't safe. Locals began to become corrupted and were far too dangerous to be near. Fearing the same would happen to him, he moved as far away as possible from the corruption so that he wouldn't be effected. The black spot on him still meant trouble however. He needed to get rid of it, or prevent it from spreading.

During his travels, Leigh arrived at the wigglytuff guild in treasure town and decided to join an exploration team. If the corruption does take over, then having close by friends to "take care of him" would be the smartest thing to do. Luckily he was provided with a small crystal that now resides in the blob that prevents contact with corruption. He now has been assigned on a task to go back and investigate the corrupted areas. Even with his new "Insurance", Leigh still fears that the small bit of corruption he has may come back to haunt him...

Moveset
    : Psycho Shock, Reflect, Recover, Snatch, Rollout, Calm Mind, Light Screen

Fun Facts:
    If Leigh ends up evolving, Its new evolved form apparently ends up having two brains (according to bulbapedia). If Leigh does evolve, He may end up having split personalities, maybe one being slightly corrupt, and the other being his normal self.

Team: Team Fiere (I like the concept of working with a deaf Pokemon ;P)

Something tells me this little guy will be alot of fun to RP as.

Last edited:

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
    [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Here's my Sign-up then. let me know if there's anything I might need to change or add. You know, anything that might need editing and I'll get onto that swiftly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Name: Maria Liliaceae (Li-lee-ah-see-ah)[/FONT]
    [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Species: Hoppip – the Cottonweed Pokemon[/FONT]
    [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Gender: Female[/FONT]
    [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Age: 15[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Appearance: Just like any Hoppip, Maria keeps the familiar small, round and pink form topped with two bright green leaves sprouting out like fireworks. However, a very tiny third leaf is apparent at the back of her head, albeit slightly closer to the leaf on the right of her head. Other than that, there is very little to note about Maria which makes her much different from the usual Hoppip. She lacks scars due to her healing abilities and slightly more passive nature in combat. She is however just the tiniest bit shorter than most Hoppip, although that is probably due to her young age more than anything else. [/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Personality: Hoppip have been known to form the natural niche of social creatures. They live in great groups massing somewhere near one hundred at any given time, they are constantly talking with one another, and they all seem to have a natural love of life – Maria does not disappoint. She is, much like her family and the rest of her species, as cheerful as can be in almost all situations. She loves to joke, laugh and have fun all of the time. While this can make her a useful Pokemon to have around to keep the morale going, it does come with its own little set of consequences. For one, Maria finds it hard to stay sensible in most situations, taking most things as a joke rather than realising just how serious it really could be, and she often misses out on obvious things such as, for example, a rampaging Rhyhorn. As with her habit of talking mostly non-stop, stealth really isn't an option for her unless the others purposely want it to fail miserably. As such, she's not the greatest ally to have on your team, but even so, she's not all bad.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]As said before, she's cheerful. Rarely letting things "rain on her parade" as it were, and simply enjoying things as they come. Maria's enthusiastic personality can be just what an exploration team needs after they've been beaten, as Maria has often cheered up even the most distraught groups with her happy-go-lucky attitude. As Maria knows she's not physically strong as most other explorers, she's found herself in the perfect little spot of team support, using her vast array of healing techniques and status-causing moves to make the foe an easy fight for her allies. Even though she finds it hard to battle while alone, she can do it if need be. But still, she enjoys her medic-like status, and would prefer that over fighter any day. [/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Biography: As a Hoppip, Maria has no idea quite where she was born. Her egg hatched in the same way as the rest of the species did – while travelling. That's what her species did though, travel. Even the lightest breath of wind could send a Hoppip – let alone a Jumpluff or a Skiploom – flying for miles. So, they travelled, moving from place to place with about one hundred others just like her in a wave of pinks, greens and navys. As such, even at a young age Maria has travelled many miles simply by letting the wind carry her there. Of course, this is a very peaceful lifestyle, and it never really prepared Maria for much combat which would soon come tumbling its way into her life upon becoming an Explorer. Still, for the first thirteen years of her life, things were perfect, and Maria wouldn't have want them any other way. But of course, Melody's attention was attracted to the smallest detail. A footprint to be exact, and one which would not usually be found in Oran Forest where the clan happened to be at that time. Wandering away from the herd for just a few minutes, she began to follow the trail. Soon it was joined by another trail, one which, just like the previous, was not natural to this area. Mariah followed it just as she would with her curious nature, and came across a rather strange sight. A large Pokemon of which Mariah had never seen before was trekking through the forests, being followed by a rather nervous looking Wooper. The larger Pokemon was clad in iron and stone, with two huge horns and enough muscle to rival a Machamp. It seemed to be escorting the Wooper to safety. Maria was a little bewildered to be honest. Rather curious, she moved in for a closer look, and was nearly trampled by the huge creature. After realising that the Hoppip was not hostile, the creature began to explain its story of why it was helping the Wooper. Maria soon found out that this creature – which mentioned that it was an Aggron – was a part of an Exploration team, groups of Pokemon dedicated to helping lost Pokemon and generally bringing peace to the area.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]It wasn't long after that actually that she left to join an Exploration team. Many Hoppip had left the clan before for various reasons, although none for a reason like this. Still, she was wished good luck and used the winds to quickly travel to the nearest settlement. Even though the village she found was small, it was huge to Maria. She wasn't used to civilisation of any kind due to her nomadic past, but found it all rather intriguing. Soon however, Maria did find her way into an Exploration team and was joined by a Sunflora and a Roselia. Maria felt a little more familiar being in a group consisting of Grass types, and she began her training. It was hard at first – and even now – and she swiftly realised that combat was not her forte. However, this did give her a chance to try and act as a cleric or support. Unlike before, this came as second nature to her. What Mariah expected to find over the course of her as an exploration team was a rather short list, but still, that was a little over a year ago now. Maria has experience to some degree even if she is still a rookie by most standards. Now that the Corrupt Pokemon have appeared, Maria hopes to make a difference. Maybe some day she'll learn to cure them, but for now she has to really train hard if she's going to last as long as most of the other Pokemon out there.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Moveset: Aromatherapy, Synthesis, Sunny day, Poison powder, Stun spore, Sleep powder, Tackle, Bullet seed, Confusion[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Fun fact: Maria has spent her whole life travelling with the rest of her clan like most Hoppip and their respected evolutions do. In fact, Maria is a strange case in which upon joining an Exploration team, she actually travels less than she did before hand.[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, sans-serif]Team: Team Heliantheae (He-lee-an-thee-ah)[/FONT]

Last edited:

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Oh wow, talk about interest.

Okay so RESERVED:
    MichaelDj54
    Bankaiglade (No we don't have a group, and I don't know what a group here really is, as it's been a while since I last did much activity here.....I'm curious)

ACCEPTED:
    D. Lawride - "Chunk" (cute name lol)
    Lilliana - Felicia (I've never RPed with a deaf character before. That's gonna be an experience)
    Archipelago - Maria L. (quite a read for a SU. I like that lol)

Pending:
    Megaman765 (Your sign up looks good, however you are missing a status on an Exploration Team, and your moveset. Add those and you should be good. Also just a minor note, the corruption at the moment has not exceeded the new land, which is like another continent basically. Just a heads up.)

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Yeah sorry about the whole team thing. I probobly should have mentioned I didn't want my character to lead a team. Plus I started typing this stuff before the whole exploration team stuff was edited into the first post :p

But either way I fixed some stuff and made some changes to the bio by making my character once a resident of the new continent if thats alright. let me know if anything else is wrong. Its been a long time since I RP'd XD'

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
    To be honest, Maria doesn't exactly sound like leader material, does she now? Oh well, it should definately make things... interesting - to say the least. I'm not complaining, since it'll be fun to take up a more leader-based role for a while, even if Maria is bound to fail miserably.

Years
    Character Sheet

Name: Teddius
    Species: Teddiursa

Appearance: He has smooth orange-brown fur that covers their body. The crescent moon on his head is lighter in colour than normal Teddiursas. He always carries a small pouch that contains 5 to 6 jars of honey he had made and whatever he picked up wherever he goes. He wears a crescent-shaped pendant made of moonstone. When the moon is a crescent, his fur starts to give off a faint green glow. His paws are often sticky due to the fact that they always come into contact with honey.

Personality: He can be lazy and quite muddle-headed at times but he's a fun cute guy to hang out with. He often daydreams about food and his next meal. He has an uncanny habit for sensing danger before anyone else. While this habit could be put to good use, especially in an Exploration team, he is a bit slow in thinking what to do when danger arrives and therefore needs some support and motivation to steer him on the right track. He is a good person to turn to for a conversation but however, he changes the topic without warning and usually talking about how the berries look yummy or whether a Beedrill would come attack him for stealing their honey. He is quite a good thief, especially when stealing food or things that appeal to him. He would fight to protect his friends, a trait he'd gotten from his Ursaring ancestors, and is very loyal to those that are closest to him.

Bio: He used to come from a village of Zigzagoons, Munchlaxs, Aipoms, Pachirisus and other Teddiursas in the forest. His job in the village was like other Teddiursa, making sweet honey and snacks for everyone in the village to eat. He was one of the best chefs and was constantly praised for his culinary skills. When he was born, his mother gave him a moonstone pendant as a gift. It was a pendant that every Teddiursa received in his family but once, his mother whispered to him that the pendant was different from the others his siblings had and thus, it is a valuable item to Teddius. What he doesn't know is that the pendant had a special property that repels the dark aura from the corrupt Pokemon. The grown-ups lived at a further area of the village near a mountainous area while the younger ones, like him, lived in the heart of the forest and took care of each other. They were always protected by the adults as enemies usually came through the mountainous path instead of taking a hassling journey through the dense forest. But then more and more weird-looking savage Pokemon started to appear and attacked the village. The village was raided, some killed in the raid while others became homeless. Teddius managed to escape unscathed and wandered aimlessly with other lost villagers. Their group was separated when a band of the same weird Pokemon tried to attack them. Teddius suffered some cuts but managed to run away and finally arrived at a guild. Having nowhere to live and nothing to work as a living, he decided to sign up as an Explorer. Another reason was that he wanted to find out whether his friends from the village was still alive and around.

Moveset: Covet, Scratch, Fake Tears, Lick, Yawn and Facade.

Team: Heliantheae

I hope it's good enough. I can improve it if you want me to. :)

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Nice to see you Diamond.

Diamond and Megaman are likely accepted, but right now.....I have a fever of 101.8. So I ain't gonna be on the rest of the day. Hopefully this stupid bug passes soon.

Be back soon...

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
    Name: Zariant (real name is Zeke)
    Species: Scyther

Appearance:
    /

Personality: Zeke is a brash wild hyperactive fighter and an amazing friend. Despite his youthful and sometimes annoying antics he will do anything to help someone in need. He always has to be moving and never can keep a conversation going for too long unless its extremely interesting. He also has his bad side which you never want to get on. If someone crosses him he will stop at nothing to get revenge whether its big or small.

Bio: Zeke comes from a small family from a large tribe. He was an only child, but he had tons of relatives. The town which he grew up was a close knit community where you knew everything about your neighbor and your neighbors' neighbor. His father was a highly trained hunter who was greatly respected in the village. When enemy pokemon from another village began coming around his father was given the duty of guarding the village border.

Zeke would often tag along with his father and sit on the roof of the village watch tower. One dark day when Zeke was twelve a Camerupt who turned out to be a high ranking warrior from the other village wandered to the town outskirts. Another one of the guards engaged the Camerupt. He did take down the pokemon, but was hit with some kind of move that made him go crazy in the process. Zeke watched as his father had to take down one of his best friends. Soon more enemy pokemon came to the village. They fought them off as best they could, but the village fell. Zeke fled with his parents, and they barely made it. His father had lost one of his arms. Zeke eventually heard about some forming adventure teams. His father told him to take on the family name. Zariant.

He practiced hard with his cousin who lived in the town they fled to. After a year of solid training Zariant looked to join an adventure team. the curroption highly fascinated Zeke. he began venturing out without a team to do research on it. he was once attacked by a numal that horrifiyingly resembled the camerupt that he saw as a child. the battle was fierce, but he spared the numal. he still does not know why.

Move set: 9 move limit, Aerial ace, Double team, Thief, X-scissor, Substitute, Quick attack, Night slash, Air Slash (8 moves filled)

Fun Fact: When Zeke uses double team and then substitute he can make a double which is almost as strong as himself. (the blue one). his duplicate whom he calls Specter due to his spirit-like blue appearence is unable to speak, but uses gestures to comunicate. Specter also has a physical bond with Zeke so if Specter is dispelled Zeke feels pain. if Zeke is knocked unconcious Specter is dispelled.

Team: well if I can make one I'll make Team Hunter. Otherwise I'll go with team Fiere.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Name: Flare

Species: Tepig (THis guy: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/498.shtml)

Appearance: Nothing out of the ordinary, but often at times, he'll be covered in soot and burn marks from failed attempts to use attacks.

Personality: Flare is a very exciteable person. He believed highly in being a team player, and very anxious to help out others in need. He can be a little thick headed at times though, which often at times gets him in more trouble than he asked for.

Bio: Flare's history is a little bit more complicated than someone who likes to bounce around helping people who have you believe. Coming from a little village with other fire types, his father, a Camerupt, was the leader of this little village. When Flare was born (Flare being a generation thing in the family), he was expected to be a great fighter and the next leader of the village, should his father fall in battle soon. However, it would seem that it would be a little bit more difficult than that: Flare wasn't exactly that good a fighter.

Flare's attack often at time backfired at him or simply didn't work at all. His father pushing him along the whole time, perhaps to save his own honor than his sons own wellbeing. After he was around 15 and had yet to master even the most basic fire move, his father couldn't take it anymore. Branding him a lost cause, and as a result of the rules of the village, those without the ability to use Fire moves were ultimately banished. So, with a heavy heart, Flare was forced to leave the village.

So he took it upon himself to teach himself his fire moves in order to have his father respect him again and perhaps go back to his village a new hero. He hides the hurt with enthusiasm, and thought to himself, that if he could join a Rescue Team, rescue other Pokemon and be a hero...well, maybe it would help push him into the right light again.

Moveset: Tackle, Defense Curl, Rollout, Headsmash, while he tries to perfect other Fire moves like Ember, Flamethrower and ESPECIALLY Heatstamp, he can't use them correctly yet.

Fun Fact: Has an intense allergic reaction around Grass-Type Pokemon and other plants, usually resulting in him sneezing and accidently lighting SOMETHING on fire...

Team: Team Fiere.

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Name: Xell

Species: Pupitar - The Hard Shell Pokemon

Appearance: Despite being much larger than the average Pupitar, his "mask" is made up of six spikes, rather then the usual eight. Other then that, Xell looks like a regular and typical Pupitar. His hide is ever so slightly darker, but you wouldn't notice it unless you know exactly what to look for.

Personality: Xell is exceedingly subservient and loyal. He will never make a decision on his own unless it is absolutely necessary. This is probably due to his tough Aggron father, already famous for his quick rescues and ability to get things done. Xell is kind, honest, but the traits described can often lead to Xell getting taken advantage of. Although he is submissive, he will share his opinion when pressed. He always thinks about what he does before he does it, and this makes him a great addition to a team.

Bio: Xell was born underground, as all Larvitar were. When he chomped his way out of the ground, as all Larvitar must, the famed explorer Aggron knew that Xell was his. 13 years of his life were spent preparing for the day when he could apply for a rescue team. Year after year was obeying the tough Aggron's procedures. Unfortunately, the Aggron pushed the then Larvitar to evolve at 13.

It was a scary experience for Xell, because he hadn't had an experience like that before. When he emerged from the evolution pond changed, his father was proud, but he didn't feel right inside. He didn't ever want to evolve again; it hadn't even been his choice. He had been forced to. He felt a newfound power, perhaps because of evolution, but it was more of a dull rage more then anything. He felt like a freak, although he felt somewhat reassured by his father, who insisted that he had grown more powerful through evolution. Although the new experience had altered him, his personality remained the same.

At 14, his father pushed him to sign up for the best guild he knew of. Xell agreed: it would give him newfound independence along with a chance to make new friends. He was honestly excited about joining the guild; it was one of the few things that his father pushed him into that he felt he would enjoy.

Moveset:
    Dig, Curse, Screech, Rock Slide, Rock Polish, Bite, Iron Head, ---, ---. ((I left room for development, if that is alright with you.))

Fun Fact: Xell is a bit of a glutton, so he gets hungrier in dungeons faster then most Pokemon. He also hides Apples in the space inside him where he pressurizes gas.

Team: Undecided. Xell doesn't want to be a leader.

OOC: ((I prefer that you choose for me, if that isn't too much to ask. If you really want me to choose, I'd rather wait until SU's are cut off so that I can make my choice. I also hope that I made him evolve. If this is a problem, I'd be happy to change it, but I really want to be in this.))

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Feeling MUCH better! Now that that's out of the way, we may just be about ready to start this thing up! Let's approve some characters!

I'll edit you guys into the teams desired momentarily as well.

ACCEPTED
    Megaman765 (if you didn't want to lead a team, all you had to do was say undecided, but that works too)
    Diamond1304
    jasonwolf (The only thing I would maybe edit is the bio, as the corruption is at the moment fairly new, and hasn't really been around for four years. At most, I'd say the corruption has been around for five or six months
    MichaelDj54 (allergies, deaf pokemon, this just keeps getting better)
    New2 (I have no problem choosing a team, though it will most likely be a team that doesn't have many members.)

Okay, I'll give us a few more hours perhaps or minutes.....I dunno.

We just may start this up today.

Lilliana

Lilliana ~♥~ Silver, Forever!
    Years
    I like how all the characters are older than ten except for mine thats only five

Back