• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMs...

How often do you clear out your PMs?

• As they come.

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Every week.

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Every month.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Every year.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Never.

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • At random times. / When I feel like it.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Other (specify).

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I've just cleaned out my PMs (private messages, in case there's anyone here new to the acronym) and it came to mind... how often do other people clear their PMs out?

So yes, how often do you clear out PMs?

Me, I've only done it just now for the first time ever... and look at my join date. xD
    Then, if you like, compare it to the number of posts, I have been inactive, lol.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I only start deleting old PMs when the Inbox is full. I never completely empty it though, there are some PMs I'd rather keep, so I just delete enough (mainly Sent Items ones) to have room to receive more.

Years
  • These days, I only clean it when it's full.

My inbox limit is 1000. :D

I used to clean it out when it bothered me, no matter my PM limit -- this was more back in the days when I was mod. One day, someone challenged me to fill my inbox. I cleared it once or twice because I thought I was going to leave, but I finally did it! I was so excited :DD And now I'm trying it again. I'm over halfway done! Yay!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Most weeks 3-4 times. But now that I have a 500 PM inbox, that'll slow down.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • Once every week I guess, I get lots of site advertisement and battle request (which I tend to ignore these days) from other members -__-

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I kind of procrastinate on it lol

I talk with a lot of different people that I know well about random stuff, and my box fills fast. Then I also get random questions or people seeking advice (oh, don't forget hate mail!) which clutters up my box fast.

So yeah, I generally keep it in the 100-150 range, but every now and again I'll totally empty it. so I'd say every 2-3 weeks or so, but I also clean it out as they come...it depends lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    I have like 2 PMs, so basically I went with never x.x
    I don't talk all that much or to a lotta people on here, just cause I'm pretty quiet on here.

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    I clear it every day. This is mainly because I like to keep organised and up to date. XD

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I only clear it if mine gets close to full.

I refuse to delete some PMs, though.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I clear out my pm box once I have like, 149 of them. I love my pm's and a lot of them are really funny so I can't just delete them </3 So I only clear them out when I have to.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • I clean mine out all the time; having a lot of PMs bothers me for some reason. I only have kept one on PC right now. I keep important things or current conversations for a little while, but they're deleted as soon as they loose importance. It's a mild for of OCD, I swear. (I'm like this with all my PMs...bookmarks and computer files, too.) XD;

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I only clear SPAM PMs. Other than that, I've never clean out my inbox.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I never completely clear out anything. I only delete some PMs when my inbox gets close to being full. Other than that, I just leave it as it is. Also, I don't just delete all the old ones. Because I'm too lazy to click on the 'next page' button in my inbox, most of the things I delete are messages that are on the first page. Actually, I still have PMs that I got two years ago, that I haven't bothered to delete >.>

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I never fully empty it. There are PMs on there I want to keep. I clean it when ever I am bored. I have never had a full inbox.

Back