• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    I actually think that the preview looks quite nice; it has almost everything I expected, along with more. This game is actually pretty impressive compared to all of the third-version games that Nintendo created. There are many things that surprised me about this game as soon as I heard/saw it:

- Shaymin will have another form. Assumptions say that it will be an Ice-type.

- The blue-colored sweater for the hero (sort of sweater). The heroine will most likely have the same.

- The HUGE Giratina silhouette, which is possibly in the middle of it turning into its Origin Form.

- Volkner is no longer the Sunnyshore City Gym Leader. I wonder who it is?

All in all, I was also surprised with the Giratina's Origin Form sprite, and the "Battle Island" concept.

I'm glad that Nintendo confirmed Pokémon Platinum, although I am very unhappy on the decision of the name. It doesn't make much sense, as, first of all, "platinum" is not a gem ("diamond" and "pearl" is). It starts with "p", so "D/P/P" is a very bad abbreviation. I think it is a pretty stupid name, actually.

strawhat_luffy

Teh Captain
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 12, 2008
    well, in Japan, it is said as Pokemon Platina just like Giratina. that's probably why they called it that.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    As I said, Dialga and Palkia are also in the game, if you looked at my pics.

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    I hope the story line is longer!
    I personally think that emerald was way better than ruby/saphire so I hope platinum brings a whole new level to diamond/pearl

I also really want to be able to have a pokemon walk around with you!
    How cool would that be! i do realise that probably wont happen in platinum

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Esmas said:
    I'm glad that Nintendo confirmed Pokémon Platinum, although I am very unhappy on the decision of the name. It doesn't make much sense, as, first of all, "platinum" is not a gem ("diamond" and "pearl" is). It starts with "p", so "D/P/P" is a very bad abbreviation. I think it is a pretty stupid name, actually.

Yes, that's exactly what I said in another forum. Seems like now the G/S/C was a mistake to begin with. I can think of platinum when in terms of gold and silver. Even Diamond/Pearl/Crystal would've been acceptable.

darkace

super dark elite kid
    Years
    I hope the game goes to all the other regions re battling all gyms again, and even meeting ash a few times and battle him and see ass his pikachu gets stronger, getting all the legends, this game better be $34.99, i think plantium is another word for opal

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    I can almost warrant the fact that Platinum will not allow you to go to other regions. They have yet to do that and besides, why would they do that if they could make an entirely new game of a johto remake and make tons more money. My personal opinion is that Cyrus will be trying to capture BOTH dialga and palkia with the Red chain but suddenly Giratina comes as a plot twist. There will probably be cynthia somewhere telling you the relation between the three dragons before this happens, so it doesn't seem so random. Shaymin Grass/ice will be amazing, and automatically make it my favorite pokemon. :D i wonder what Giratina's ability is though...

On the topic on the 8th Gym, I almost expect Jasmine to take over Volker and Volker was destined to be in the E4. Steel type gym leader could easily replace an electric type, so the gym won't need to be reformed upon her arrival. Just thoughts.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I can almost warrant the fact that Platinum will not allow you to go to other regions. They have yet to do that and besides, why would they do that if they could make an entirely new game of a johto remake and make tons more money.

May I just add that on one of the pre-release information pages about the game, it states in Japanese that it will once again be set in the Shinou region. Asides from money based and fan demand purposes, there isn't much need to remake G/S seeing as all the Johto Pokemon are obtainable through all the 3rd and 4th gen games.

Years
    Don't we already have an official thread for Platinum?

Well, anyway, I don't really see anything different. It's always "You = Trainer" all the time. Pokémon is just tedious, and nothing more. I wish it were different, but ever since Red and Blue, the basic idea is always identical. In fact, there's really very little difference in all the Pokémon games.

But here's hoping that Platinum will bring something new.

Asides from money based and fan demand purposes, there isn't much need to remake G/S seeing as all the Johto Pokemon are obtainable through all the 3rd and 4th gen games.

I don't really care if they make a new game for Johto, but I do miss those Apricorn Balls.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have updated my albums with 3 more pictures. Giratina Origin, same as previous one, but shiny, and the logo. Small update, yeah...

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    Sweet, so have we any updates on dates or do we have to wait? The blog also said that the quality will be higher, maybe a new story.

Here is the quote of the blog
    As you might already know,
    This autumn, 2008,
    Latest series of "Pocket Monsters" will be releasing in Japan!
    The title is,
    『ポケットモンスター プラチナ』
    "Pocket Monsters Platinum (Japanese title)"
    Currently, GameFreak development team is
    working as hard as they can.
    Office atmosphere is filled with enthusiasm,
    and aiming for more createtive contents!
    The team is trying their best to
    make the game's quality higher!
    Please wait and count on our "Pocket Monsters Platinum"!!
    Ciao!

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Does anyone think that the revealing of Platinum could give new hope to the existance of a ??? Arceus. Perhaps a ??? plate?

For a little extra info: ??? has no weaknesses nor resistance and is not super effective against anything.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It's just like Bird Type (In RBY, such a type existed for one pokemon- Missingno.. They changed it to Flying) who has nothing special.

\\Ceiran//

up to my neck in piplups!
    Years
    I can almost warrant the fact that Platinum will not allow you to go to other regions. They have yet to do that and besides, why would they do that if they could make an entirely new game of a johto remake and make tons more money. My personal opinion is that Cyrus will be trying to capture BOTH dialga and palkia with the Red chain but suddenly Giratina comes as a plot twist. There will probably be cynthia somewhere telling you the relation between the three dragons before this happens, so it doesn't seem so random. Shaymin Grass/ice will be amazing, and automatically make it my favorite pokemon. :D i wonder what Giratina's ability is though...

On the topic on the 8th Gym, I almost expect Jasmine to take over Volker and Volker was destined to be in the E4. Steel type gym leader could easily replace an electric type, so the gym won't need to be reformed upon her arrival. Just thoughts.

actually, the johto games allowed you to revisit kanto, which, now i think on it, makes a g/s remake seem a terrible idea *kanto...again...*.

however, the only evidence i know of suggesting either possibility is the apparent johto option for where the pokemon was caught. not a lot to go on...
    however, i've debated my own theory with a friend, this is what we came up with.

platinum as a name could be seen as echoing the metal gen, suggesting some link to johto, but then crystal could also be called a foreshadowing of the whole lot of semi-precious gems, so thats a moot point. however, we can both remember rumours of pokemon diamond and pearl circulating round about the time crystal was being produced, so who knows?
    jasmine taking over from volkner seems a viable possibility, as after all, theres always the lighthouse, so her and ampharos might return?

as to the whole giratina plot thing, i reckon we pretty much have that covered, although who knows, it may only deepen the plot the way suicune did for crystal.

shaymin's new form, im not overly fussed about, after all, it wont be new if we never officially see it in the first place...

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
    We started with colors...then with minerals...then with beautiful rocks...later very beautiful rocks, now elements of the periodic table...what's next???

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    We started with colors...then with minerals...then with beautiful rocks...later very beautiful rocks, now elements of the periodic table...what's next???

Don't you know? the next two games with be named after ice cream flavors. I can't wait to play Chocolate version.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    Does anyone think that the revealing of Platinum could give new hope to the existance of a ??? Arceus. Perhaps a ??? plate?

For a little extra info: ??? has no weaknesses nor resistance and is not super effective against anything.

A ??? typed Arceus would be awesome. Wonder if there will be any ???-type moves (besides the obvious Curse and Judgment).

And I think Origin Giratina's new ability could be Levitate.

Perhaps the Johto data in D/P means that part of Johto could be accessible? (like in pokemon brown/prism?)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    A ??? typed Arceus would be awesome. Wonder if there will be any ???-type moves (besides the obvious Curse and Judgment).

And I think Origin Giratina's new ability could be Levitate.

Perhaps the Johto data in D/P means that part of Johto could be accessible? (like in pokemon brown/prism?)

you DO realize Brown and Prism are hacks, right?

though, they might still do that... hey, maybe the new battle-whatever is PLACED in Johto! (Much like how the Battle Frontier was in Kanto in the Anime)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back