• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
    also, with shaymin, how do you think the form will change?
    i doubt it will be like deoxys, mainly because then there'd have to be more of those funny rock things or something. ( and i mean the english game, not the japanese one! )

it says it will transform automatically once it enters the platinum game.
    same wit giratina.

@mo man: ur right about that. why come here and post anyway?

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    When do you think Nintendo will release Giratina and Shaymin's new stats? I'd say Origin Form Giratina will be more offensive than Another form. Shaymin will probably be faster in its Sky form. What do you guys think?

Years
    it says it will transform automatically once it enters the platinum game.
    same wit giratina.

@mo man: ur right about that. why come here and post anyway?
    i know that, that's the japanese one.
    but i meant the english one. if they don't plan on having any events then how will we get it?
    When do you think Nintendo will release Giratina and Shaymin's new stats? I'd say Origin Form Giratina will be more offensive than Another form. Shaymin will probably be faster in its Sky form. What do you guys think?
    wrong way around. the origin giratina is said to be speed boosted.
    the sky form is said to be more offensive.
    they'd make a good combination in a double battle i think.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    I read all the posts about the Regi event, and it seems like all you need is to trade a Regigigas from D/P to Platinum to unlock the Regirock/ice/steel caves. Meaning that you don't need the movie event.
    Maybe Snowpoint Temple will have the Regi caves instead of Regigigas?

Years
    I read all the posts about the Regi event, and it seems like all you need is to trade a Regigigas from D/P to Platinum to unlock the Regirock/ice/steel caves. Meaning that you don't need the movie event.
    Maybe Snowpoint Temple will have the Regi caves instead of Regigigas?
    yeh that's what i was thinking. at least it doesn't have to be the movie Regigigas...that would be a pain.
    Yeh...it will probably be like that, and Regigigas unlocks the caves, you just decide in which order you battle them.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Maybe they should also add more things to the wi-fi battling scene, like all the battle music can be played for the match, or you can battle in different arenas or other places, more customizing, I would so play the battle music for Azelf, Uxie, and Mespirit in every match XD.

Years
    It had to be cold or a little chilly in D/P because the hero, heroine and rival all are wearing scarfs but now in platinum its gotten even worse.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    hmmm... maybe certain pokemon appear at certain temperatures.....
    i dont know... if they could find some way to include the thermoneter in the story in a big way, it'd be interesting. but, they did include the coin flip, which is useless, so i guess it could work.

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
    They would most likely make it a poketch app but use "poke temps" instead of making it farenheit first then changing it to celsius would mean more time wasted scripting the game to PAL

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    yeah, like its snover temperature or something, it'd be too much effort to change it from celcius to fahrenhiet along with the entire translation of the script.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I hope there's some new music for the new areas and new battle music, I loved the Emerald music for when you battled the Frontier leaders. I keep the frontier leader battle on the card just so I can listen to the music when I like XD Oh yeah, I reckon they should let you save battles onto your card again

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    If they do have a temperature system, maybe they'll just do "stages" of temp like hot, warm, and cold.
    That would avoid the fahrenheit/celsius problem.

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    the game looks good... kind of like a emerald or crystal for the d/p generation.
    i was happy with pearl, so this should be a good game. from what i hear it comes out in japan in september. and US sometime in spring 09.

there will be new areas (i think) in a couple screenshots i saw, there were 2 new areas:
    1: some kind of castle type area
    2: some kind of game room

Last edited:

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
    hot,warm, and cold is a great idea! it might be included in the story like...... well,..... somehow. but i really like the idea. i was thinking this was a stupid idea or something. but when its cold, people will start wondering what is happening... or maybe when the app says its really really cold itll be snowing everywhere, and maybe put the weather condtion in the top left....

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Why can't you just put up a random Wi-Fi battle and choose the song in it? You'll listen to your favorite song while kicking people's butts in the game... or losing to them...

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    The "choose your own song" idea seems interesting, however, I wouldn't care either way weather they put that feature in or not.

I like the temperature app idea. One more thing: I hope the Poketch has color in Platinum! I really don't like this monochrome thing they have going on in DP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back