• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
    So, I'm pretty sure that the "new Pokémon" listed at Serebii are either a fake, or they're simply extra forms of Rotom. They have a Rotom feel to me, and when I first caught him, I thought "I'm pretty sure there's more to him than this.."

i thought exactly the same thing whine i saw the last one. it looks like rotoms arms upsidedown and horn on the top....connected to a big building block -_-

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Sky Tower, you say... hmmm... i can't see Game Freak adding five new Pokes to Platinum. I can see if they somehow made cameos, like Munchlax in the Deoxys Movie, or being referenced to, like the many Johto references made in d/p, but i wouldn't think that these five "Pokemon" would be made catchable in Platina, if they are real to begin with.
    @_Prince_: i have enclosed a picture of the Sky Tower.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Here's another kinda better looking picture of those supposed new Pokemon.
    Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

New toaster looking Rotom's perhaps?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

I haven't seen anyone point this out. Sky Forme Shaymin now knows Leaf Storm. I can see my Shaymin's moveset now (Land Forme).

-Leaf Storm
    -Seed Flare
    -Air Slash
    -Substitute

Not really though.

Wouldn't this be better?

Shaymin (Sky Forme) Timid/Modest
    -Seed Flare
    -Hidden Power [Ground/Fire]
    -Air Slash
    -Substitute

Seeing as Sky Forme gets Serene Grace, that would make Seed Flare's effect chance go up to 80%. 120 BP with 80% chance of sharply lowering Sp. Def outclasses Leaf Storm, due to instead of doing half as much on the next turn, you're more than likely going to be doing twice as much o_o
    Also, it frees up a slot for Hidden Power, without which it wouldn't be able to touch Steel-types such as Skarmory and Forretress (although the Sp. Def drop will either win out, or force a switch).

マツバ

Cry for Clearity~
    Years
    New toaster looking Rotom's perhaps?

Haha, indeed.

They definitely seem like other forms of Rotom to me, five new Pokémon all looking similar? Doubt that.

My curiosity concerning those five is... What conditions must be met to change such, and or where might said changes happen. Could it possibly be like Leafeon, Glaceon, or Deoxys... where it'd be required that you take Rotom to a certain area? Maybe it does deal with evolutions of Rotom, could we see more use for our resident Water, Thunder, Moon, Fire (etc...) stones? ( Though the Thunderstone would seem redundant if infact it does deal with them. ._.; ) Possibly being whatever stone/Steel type. You never know. XD;

I also wish to learn the differences there are about these. (Stats, movesets, etc) I know information about that hasn't been released yet, but just saying I look forward to it.

Seems we'll all find out as time passes. Just thinking possibilities aloud, and seems there's a lot of that surrounding these five.

Wichu said:
    Wouldn't this be better?

Shaymin (Sky Forme) Timid/Modest
    -Seed Flare
    -Hidden Power [Ground/Fire]
    -Air Slash
    -Substitute

Seeing as Sky Forme gets Serene Grace, that would make Seed Flare's effect chance go up to 80%. 120 BP with 80% chance of sharply lowering Sp. Def outclasses Leaf Storm, due to instead of doing half as much on the next turn, you're more than likely going to be doing twice as much o_o

An 80% chance, well, couple it with a Choice Scarf and we're talking deadly... uber perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised to see that get banned. It'd surely catapult it into the overused tier with such chance for that drop.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    By using the tips of Snowpoin City and Platinum, I have made a discovery!
    Regirock, Regice, and Registeel are all in the Snowpoint Temple! Makes sense, don't it?

Snowpoint Temple- 4 floors, each one with a different statue (except the last one with Regigigas) and each one represents a Regi!

Years
    The Purple one gives away the Rotom. Also, anyone like how Gardenia likes shaymins leaves and flower? Too many new formes though. And maybe one of them is an evo. Or maybe alternate Regigigas?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Anyone have a clear map of Pokemon Platinum? I need a Shinou map (the new one that's clear- tired of seeing the map with Lucas and Dawn on it, same with the 3 DPP starters)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back