• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Podcasts?

Years
  • Does anyone listen to any Podcasts? The only one I actively listen to at the moment is the Casefile True Crime Podcast. I tried listening to Welcome to Nightvale, but it was a bit overwhelming for me to get into. There's just...so many episodes and I feel like I have to start at episode 1 and,,,.,yeah idk. It's just too much.

What do y'all listen to? Do y'all have any recommendations?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • not really. i used to keep up with pat the nes punk's podcast 'completely unnecessary' which i really liked but i just kinda. forgot about it. i guess there's also rslash if that counts? i think that he uploads his videos as podcasts bc they're easy listens. i don't necessarily listen to the podcast version, i just listen to his vids every day.

Years
    • Seen today
    "Steve and Larson's Pro Wrestling Podcast". Especially because I don't even follow Pro Wrestling right now, but they keep me up to date on anything of note.

YouTube keeps shoving Joe Rogan's podcast into my recommendations...but these are often 3 hour podcasts. I just can't sit through it, and the topics I just don't find that interesting. But he has some really unique guests.

Bay

Years
  • I've listened to quite a few! Welcome to Night Vale, The Adventure Zone (currently listening to their current season Graduation), and Tanis (which just updated after two years lol). I've also listened to the Magnus Archives and The Penumbra Podcast during quarantine but fell behind. There were a few more I listened but I dropped or they're finished like Video Palace (like the Black Tapes but better), ars Paradoxica, and Dream Boy (dropped it because it was getting too nsfw for my taste).

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    i like to listen sometimes
    like Bulbacast (tbh very bad quality but there topic and discussion seems good)
    It's super effective (same with bulbacast but a lil bit better quality)
    and any podcasts that talk about pokemon or anime related get an yes on my book

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I mostly listen to Preach Gaming's Drama Time (stories about drama people run into in WoW) and Trash Taste (anime podcast by TheAnimeMan, CDawgVA and Gigguk) in the background while playing something or doing house chores. I used to listen to Sephazon's Pokemon podcasts when that was a thing like 6 or 7 years ago, maybe more.

User Anon 1848

Japan Time, a Smash Bros podcast hosted by...I don't even know the main host's name lol. I've barely played any of the Smash Bros games, I just listen to it for Shofu who can make any topic entertaining.

OSW Review, a wrestling podcast hosted by 3 funny Irishmen. I can't really enjoy western wrestling anymore unless it's through their comedic filter.

Talking Sopranos, hosted by two actors who starred on the show. It's pretty good but I wish Steve would stop talking over Michael all the time...

Skullcast, hosted by 3 members of the Skullknight forums who review Berserk chapters.

I used to listen to Joe Rogan's podcast religiously but I got sick of it around 2015. Though I'll still check in on the rare occasion if I like the guest enough.

like Bulbacast (tbh very bad quality but there topic and discussion seems good)

Interesting. Never even thought of searching out Pokecasts before. Maybe PC should start one too!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Japan Time, a Smash Bros podcast hosted by...I don't even know the main host's name lol. I've barely played any of the Smash Bros games, I just listen to it for Shofu who can make any topic entertaining.

OSW Review, a wrestling podcast hosted by 3 funny Irishmen. I can't really enjoy western wrestling anymore unless it's through their comedic filter.

Talking Sopranos, hosted by two actors who starred on the show. It's pretty good but I wish Steve would stop talking over Michael all the time...

Skullcast, hosted by 3 members of the Skullknight forums who review Berserk chapters.

I used to listen to Joe Rogan's podcast religiously but I got sick of it around 2015. Though I'll still check in on the rare occasion if I like the guest enough.

Interesting. Never even thought of searching out Pokecasts before. Maybe PC should start one too!

Ain't a Bad idea! they should do it

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I don't listen to a lot of wholly educational things. There's a lot of talking heads playlists I'll shuffle through on youtube from time to time at work. Other than that, I listen to Trash Taste and Ear Biscuits while I work sometimes.

Years
  • Does anyone listen to Joe Rogan a lot? haha

Quite a bit, I don't listen to every podcast but if I find the guest interesting I will, I loved the Matthew McConaughey one.
    Also, I watch the Sunday Sauce every week with my boys Original151 and Philion, todays was the one year anniversary and they had ShadyPenguinn on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually don't. Listening to people talking about things without visuals to accompany it (like video) just doesn't work for me haha. I can't focus on audiobooks either. I guess I need a visual component.

Music works though, but I do have a preference for lyricless music, and I always seem to imagine scenes in my head when I listen, regardless. Maybe it's the same thing there.

Back