• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Poem/Song at the very end of Pokemon X/Y

Years
    The cheesiness hurt to the point where I stopped looking at the lower screen. They're part of the song, sure, but it has no meaning to the game itself. Hence, I didn't cry like a friggin' baby. Catchy tune, though.

I'm pretty sure the poem was not dedicated to the story but was a testament to the first universal pokemon game release

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the poem was not dedicated to the story but was a testament to the first universal pokemon game release

I can see it referring to both the worldwide release and the story. Also, the connectivity between trainers all across the world through the PSS. Thinking about it, it seems that the scope of the game is global rather than focused on just a single region (frequent mentions of other regions, abundance of pokémon of other regions, Team Flare's plot affecting the world and not just Kalos, etc). Looks like the song can apply to all of that. The beauty of it is that these meanings are apparent in all the languages (according to Bulbapedia's translations); the lyrics speak of the people of the world forging a future together, and it's fitting that this message is carried through all languages.

Redingard

The Rider Breeds Pokemon
    Years
    I would go so far as to say it's the best ending, the whole of it, for any video game thus far, not just Pokemon. The story draws you in, and shoves you onto an emotional roller coaster, then the song is like the cherry on top, making completing the game that much sweeter and more interesting. It is certainly a huge improvement to the series, considering most times the story end before you defeat the E4 and the credits are just something to sit through impatiently waiting to get to the post E4 stuff.

It's like you've never played any game by Naughty Dog or Square Enix ever. Even Ratchet and CLank has more heartwarming stuff than a poem meant to touch the 8-13 year old demographic, I'd like to think.

That being said, you can have your own opinion. It just didn't seem relevant (the song I mean). I feel as though some people are looking way too hard into the story of the game; all I saw were goofy Team Flare members that wanted to be fashion stars. You can't exactly say it's about morality and love 'n crap when Lysandre got about 10 friggin' minutes of screen time. But to each their own.

I can see it referring to both the worldwide release and the story. Also, the connectivity between trainers all across the world through the PSS. Thinking about it, it seems that the scope of the game is global rather than focused on just a single region (frequent mentions of other regions, abundance of pokémon of other regions, Team Flare's plot affecting the world and not just Kalos, etc). Looks like the song can apply to all of that. The beauty of it is that these meanings are apparent in all the languages (according to Bulbapedia's translations); the lyrics speak of the people of the world forging a future together, and it's fitting that this message is carried through all languages.

The PPS is simply meant to help Wifi capabilities. They don't even mention it in the story; how could their be a connection to the world or something bigger than us? Because, as always, the Trainer's quest is to beat the E4 and become the strongest trainer ever. Not defeat a team that wants world domination.

Back