• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poetry Contest <info & entries>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I've seen quite a bunch of fellow poets here, and I finally decided to host a contest along with Lily, who is gifted with greater writing skills than me, of course ;x to give a boost to the forum!

So, weeeelcum, to this month's Poetry contest!

The subject
    Be surprised~ it's simply freestyle Poetry/Lyrics.

The entries
    If you do wish to enter the contest, post here and you'll be signed up. This thread though, is merely for entries/inquiries. You can post suggestions as well, but please don't submit your finished work here! You'll be able to do so when the submission thread is created after the 5th.

The deadline
    For now, it's decided as February 15th. You'll be able to submit your poems sometime after Jan. 15th.

The rules

1.You may submit your poem before February 15th~ any work submitted after the deadline will be out of the contest.

2.One piece per contestant~ multiple pieces wouldn't increase your chances, anyway.
    3.Submit your own work~ plagiarism is unsought and will not be tolerated.
    4.Respect everyone's work~ please do not show us inappropriate attitudes, let's keep it clean.
    5.Be reasonable~ no altercations! If you have any arguments regarding the rules/subject/results, express yourself rationally.

The participants so far
    -blackhaert
    -Kylie-chan
    -ZerØ Rhythm
    -Deathspector
    -Emma
    -Enma Ai
    -Krafty Quill
    -Yesterday
    -Knewsbought
    -Frostweaver
    -EmeraldSky
    -Art_Critic_Cubone
    -Alter Ego
    -shaun0505
    -CodyJ
    -Signomi

*cricket chirp*

Entries cancel 01/25*/07
    The Judges so far

Lily
    Rolling Pichu​
    oni_flygon

('f yeh wish to be a judge, please contact meh w/ a competent reason and I'll evaluate it )​

Last edited:

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • Count me in on participating.

I love these things. <3 Too bad the Poetry section is probably the least-read on PC.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    *Comes in at last second*

I wants to join! XD I'll have a shot, I guess XD

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • Sign me up too. I'm ready to have a go at this >O

EDIT: On second thought, I just took a look at who the judges are ... my chances are even slimmer than I imagined. -.-
    I'm pulling out.
    Stfu and join.

I mean, um, don't discriminate against the judges. ^^;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Guess I'll sign up for now, though I'm not making any promises if I'll submit anything in the end... But at least, to hold a spot for the future if I do get something in by chance o.O;

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • I would like to enter something a little... different, just for fun, if'n youse all don't mind. By different, I mean it's an odd poem. Yes, very odd, very odd.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • So as long as it can be defined as a poem...on the subject matter, however:

[22:33] Frostweaver: like what i said to peeshu on PM, what's a poem though
    [22:33] Frostweaver: lol
    [22:34] Lily: I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that.

Blasphemy. >O

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • Question: Does any kind of poetry go? Even something as obscure as dadaistic or impressionistic? Meh, you can jot me down too, I guess. I can't guarantee that I'll submit anything, but hey, I might just get inspired. ^_^ If I do enter something, don't expect it to be any good, though, I've always been more of a prose person. xP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back