• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poetry

Sakura~

flowery
    Years
    Ooph. I'm not very good with poems, so constructive criticism is definitely welcomed. Help me if you can! @^.^@

Per chance I saw, one day that I
    if I were to write, I'd sure defy
    the laws of stanza, meter, beat
    - things that make my words complete.

But just this once I thought I'd try,
    me, a dabbler, three skills too shy
    a concept new to see and learn
    a talent I had always yearned

Who can naught but clear understand
    the glassy touch of words' demand
    has true an eye which one beholds
    past mist and fog, a poetic mold.​

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Delete one of your posts. I don't really have anything to say about this poem, I read it last night. Good job.

Sakura~

flowery
    Years
    Please don't double post, black panther! >.<;;

Thank you to both of you for the encouraging comments. I reallyyyy appreciate the time given to read this...I didn't think it turned out that well, seeing how I rushed a bit. ^-^;; Again, thank you!

-Mikuru ♥

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    What went wrong: I don't really have much to say here. I really liked the piece in question. What I do have to say is that it seems barely incomplete, like there was one final thought you wanted to get in but didn't quite manage to convey. The other thing being, your final couplet felt the tiniest bit awkward.

What went right: Your rhythm and rhyme were all but impeccable, and that was enjoayble to see (Pointless side note from the critic: I'm sick of seeing poorly rhymed poems for the sake of having a rhyme scheme). Also, I liked the source material. You're being playful and light with your work instead of trying to consistantly conjure the heaviest of emotions from the reader. This poem appeals to the lighter side of things. Good job. Also, your use of enjambment was well done and actually served to increase the reader's interaction with the poem.

How to improve: Maybe revise a few times to see if you can't make that last couplet a little less unwieldy? Also, maybe think about the completion thing... Or not, I could just be crazy.

Overall score: 9/10. Exemplary work!

Sakura~

flowery
    Years
    I'm...so honored to be reviewed by PC's Unofficial Critic! O.O *bow*

Thank you for the advice! It's true that I even felt it to be incomplete, with some parts missing out...however, my impatience got the better of me so I inevitably winded up posting it earlier than planned. I'm too greedy for reviews. Ah, and I should really fix the last quatrain..it sounds weird now that I read it outloud. =0=;

Much thanks for the helpful comments, ~Ozy~! '___' <3

-Mikuru ♥

Last edited:
    Back