• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: pointing RSS label to subscribed thread rather than homepage

jakerman999

looking for spriters
Years
  • Yesterday I realized that all threads(and all boards) have RSS feeds attached to them. Instantly realizing that this would be much easier to keep track of new developments than having the series of bookmarks and subscriptions currently in place, I tagged all the RSS feeds i needed in firefox and deleted the old system i had in place. Loved the difference.

There is however, one thing in the RSS configuration that I feel could be improved upon. Each RSS feed contains a bookmark at the bottom with "Open" followed by the RSS name. One would naturally assume, that if the bookmark was labeled "Open Creative Discussions" that it would lead you you the Creative Discussions board, but it instead takes you to the pokécommunity homepage. This is the same no matter how far into the site an RSS feed is. Even setting the properties of an RSS feed can not set the correct location for that bookmark.

My suggestion, is to either point the bookmark to the place it is labeled as pointing to, or change its label to "Open Pokécommunity Home". Thanks for your time.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I don't really understand what your asking.. but it only takes like two seconds to get to the board you want.

But... it does seem like it should be changed as not to mislead people.

jakerman999

looking for spriters
    Years
  • I don't really understand what your asking.. but it only takes like two seconds to get to the board you want.

But... it does seem like it should be changed as not to mislead people.

You're right, it does not take much time to navigate to the board the RSS feed is labeled as pointing to, but it shouldn't be necessary to navigate through the entire site every time the link is clicked. It is something that claims to do one thing, but in reality it does another. I'm asking if it is possible to have it do what it says it does.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    You're right, it does not take much time to navigate to the board the RSS feed is labeled as pointing to, but it shouldn't be necessary to navigate through the entire site every time the link is clicked. It is something that claims to do one thing, but in reality it does another. I'm asking if it is possible to have it do what it says it does.

It seems reasonable enough.. since there seems to be no staff activity here, you could try PMing one of the higherups about it.

Back