• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokèmon Forum Double Battles Cup

Rocket Executive Josh

Rocket Executive
    Years
    Pokèmon - Double Battles Cup.

So, this is a Pokèmon game. What this is, is a double battles contest where you get to play more than just one match. The results of attacks, etc, are based on stats from Serebii, which has pretty much everything. It works with HP in % (like in Shoddy Battle) so that I can calculate elwhich player has done better, should they reach the time limit.

There are banned pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Rules apply as well:

1. No inactivity. If you do not post for 24 hours, you will lose one of your pokemon for that battle. If you do not post for 48 hours, you instantly forfeit the battle. Eg.

Player X sends out Catterpie & Weedle.
    Player Y sends out Pidgey & Ratata
    Player X sends their moves to me.
    Player Y sends their moves to me.
    I post an update at 00:00 on 01/01/10
    Player X sends their moves to me.
    However, player Y does not send their moves before 00:00 on 02/01/10.
    "Pidgey lost faith in its owner and ran away"
    Me and player X continue waiting.
    However, player Y does not send their moves before 00:00 on 03/01/10
    "All of Player Y's pokemon lost faith in their owner, and ran off to explore the world together."

You do get your pokemon back after the battle.

2. No faking. If I catch you making your pokemon do a move you had not given it previousley, you will be punished by losing one of your pokemon for that battle. Caught doing it twice, and you automatically forfeit.

3. No bribing. Don't try and convinse your oponent into letting you win. It's no fun that way >.<

How to set up your team

Mail me your team at any time after you've joined. You don't want other people knowing the pros and cons of your team yet. So mail it to me. Here's a template layout:

1 (lead). [Name] - [Type1/Type2] - [Gender] - [Ability: ---] - [Move1/Move2/Move3/Move4]
    2. [Name] - [Type1/Type2] - [Gender] - [Ability: ---] - [Move1/Move2/Move3/Move4]
    3. [Name] - [Type1/Type2] - [Gender] - [Ability: ---] - [Move1/Move2/Move3/Move4]
    4. [Name] - [Type1/Type2] - [Gender] - [Ability: ---] - [Move1/Move2/Move3/Move4]
    5. [Name] - [Type1/Type2] - [Gender] - [Ability: ---] - [Move1/Move2/Move3/Move4]
    6. [Name] - [Type1/Type2] - [Gender] - [Ability: ---] - [Move1/Move2/Move3/Move4]

Find info at Serebii (link in intro).

How to set up your turns

When it comes to the battling, mail me your turn. Once both players have mailed me their turn, I will update. Don't post it in the thread because A: It's hard to find, and B: Your opponent could gain an advantage.
    Here are some templates:

[Your Pokemon] attacks [Opposing Pokemon] with [Wanted Move]

I withdraw [Your Pokemon] and send out [Other Pokemon].

Add any additionally needed info manually.

How the tournament works:

In the first part, the 16 players will be split into four groups, chosen at random. In a group, you play each player once. You earn 2 Points for a win, 1 for a (rare) draw, and 0 if you lose. You must chose different pairs for each battle. You may only use each pokemon once in this stage. Eg:

I put caterpie and weedle up against player 2.
    I put pidgey and pikachu up against player 3.
    I put squirtle and ratata up against player 4.

You have to split them into pairs.
    In the firsts part, the limit for each battle is 3 days.

The top two from each group go through to the quaters, where they are randomly put up against another player. In this round, you chose 3 pokemon to battle with. The winners go through to the semis. The time limit is 4 days.

Same concept here, except 4 pokemon must be used to battle. The time limit in the semis is 5 days.

Finally, the two best will battle it off with a full on double battle, using all six pokemon. Each player is given 2 Revives, 6 Potions (20% HP), 4 Super Potions (60% HP) and 2 Hyper Potions (100% HP). Time limit is 1 week!

Time Limits: These are restrictions (tine based) that prevent battles lasting ages. By the end, if a team hasn't already been wiped, then the team with the most pokemon remaining will win. Should it be equal, then it will be based on remaining HP (%).

Players

1. Rocket Executive Josh
    2. Destiny Bond
    3. Screedle - Team Recieved
    4. Dwarven King
    5. Breederabhi - Team Recieved
    Thanks, Josh.

... Come on guys you know you want to join in ;)

Last edited:

Rocket Executive Josh

Rocket Executive
    Years
    Yeh, I'll be using a damage calculator I found.

Also, when you've made a team, send it to me in a mail. But you have ages to do that. I don't have mine yet XD

Last edited:

Dwarven King

<("<) (>")>
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    Count me in! I would love to join this! :D

Last edited:
    Back