• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokèmon Grey Mistery

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2019
    Sorry everyone for my bad English.
    I'm Italian ..

Introduction:
    Hello everyone, I begin by saying that this project is not mine, I participate in it as a scripter. The Founder of the project is Al.
    We are Italian hackers but the language of the hack is English.
    History:
    Just as the Kanto region was about to be captured by Team Rocket, his boss, Giovanni, disappears ... What ever happened to them? In the meantime, you'll be there in the past, a new trainer who is about to receive his first Pokeball. A Pokemon will join these strange and mysterious events in a single destiny: your own! Can you discover the mysterious Pokemon that communicate from the past and the future, rebelling against man?
    Scans:
    Pokèmon Grey Mistery

Credits:
    AL(grassy path, palettes, houses, stairs, grass, rocks and grass on the sign)
    BoOmxbiG(concept house)
    Wesley FG(lab)
    XDinky(mountains)
    Kyledove (small sign) Cope (trees, water and grass)
    Team:
    AL (mapper, grapher and other)
    Hacker Bisharp. (scripter)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2012
    It's mystery. It's spelt mystery.

Just thought you should know.

Ciao.

That's what I was gonna say, but in fairness (s)he's Italian
    Screen shots look good so far :) That cave entrance next to the grass (which I like btw) is very subtle, maybe unnoticable for some players. Not a big issue. You might want to hack in some actual stairs as a pose to the mud stair thingies
    So gen 5 pokemon - cool
    You're gonna wanna put some of the features of the game and etc. in the OP when you've gotten further

I like the looks of this one

Last edited:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    I must say it looks very nice. I like the tiles especially the grass tiles. The story seems interesting enough that I want to play it to figure out what is going to happen.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
  • This looks pretty cool, i was wondering if its the kanto region or a whole new region?
    Also the tiles are nice, i like the house and the big sign the most.
    To be honest im not to fond of the mountain tiles, everything looks natural besides the mountain as it just stops at the grass like the original firered mountain.
    Also for the few lines of the story you have summed up quite well even though your english is abit all over the place, ill be keeping my eye on this one ;) good luck!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    This looks very nice, the screens look very promising.

Finally, a FR hack with better gameplay & screens. I'll be coming here for updates.

Good luck.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2019
    It's mystery. It's spelt mystery.

Just thought you should know.

Ciao.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to fix it.

That's what I was gonna say, but in fairness (s)he's Italian
    Screen shots look good so far :) That cave entrance next to the grass (which I like btw) is very subtle, maybe unnoticable for some players. Not a big issue. You might want to hack in some actual stairs as a pose to the mud stair thingies
    So gen 5 pokemon - cool
    You're gonna wanna put some of the features of the game and etc. in the OP when you've gotten further

I like the looks of this one

Thanks for the compliments, updates soon!

I must say it looks very nice. I like the tiles especially the grass tiles. The story seems interesting enough that I want to play it to figure out what is going to happen.

I'm glad you like the story friend!

This looks pretty cool, i was wondering if its the kanto region or a whole new region?
    Also the tiles are nice, i like the house and the big sign the most.
    To be honest im not to fond of the mountain tiles, everything looks natural besides the mountain as it just stops at the grass like the original firered mountain.
    Also for the few lines of the story you have summed up quite well even though your english is abit all over the place, ill be keeping my eye on this one ;) good luck!
    I am very honored to have received a your comment friend!
    For the plot, we are now trying to rewrite it, perhaps with more details!

This looks very nice, the screens look very promising.

Finally, a FR hack with better gameplay & screens. I'll be coming here for updates.

Good luck.

Thanks to you too. Soon I'll make a video of the first script!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
    Years
  • Cool tiles man also love the scripting though could you post us the hows the progress doing?

And when will a beta be release I would really love to try this one out... :)

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Wow, this is awesome!
    Especially the tiles!! ^^

Good thing this will be released in English, no need to wait for translation.
    I wish you good luck, and we'll be keeping an eye for a release soon.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2019
    Cool tiles man also love the scripting though could you post us the hows the progress doing?

And when will a beta be release I would really love to try this one out... :)

Well, for now we have mapped the first town and Route 1.
    We scripted only the first town.

Wow, this is awesome!
    Especially the tiles!! ^^

Good thing this will be released in English, no need to wait for translation.
    I wish you good luck, and we'll be keeping an eye for a release soon.
    Thanks, and already the tiles and maps are our strong point!
    We were undecided whether to do the hack Italian or English but in the end we opted for English.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Yay, Ruby is now playable. I have always loved the 3rd Gen. Looking forward to this.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Your story sound interesting but I think the translation has ruined it - it doesn't make too much sense.

Screenshot wise, I like the building that's shown - but the black outline of the house looks a bit weird next to the softer tree and mountain tiles. The tree tiles themselves though are lovely, don't think I've seen any like that in a while. The stair tiles look a bit out of place, I think the fact they look bad doubled up is probably the issue.

With your palettes I recommend making them fit a bit better, I would say at the moment the water colour does not go with the others as it is too bright/neon where as the others are deeper, cooler shades.

Yay, Ruby is now playable. I have always loved the 3rd Gen. Looking forward to this.

??

FireRed hack: Pokèmon Grey Mistery

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • The water looks awesome, and im curious how inside the house will look, since it's a big house, it also has a chimney which is also cool

XXVIII

Romhacker Wannabe
    Years
  • I really love the graphics specially the grass and tree tiles. I'm looking forward to play the completed version of this in the future. Good luck!

Back