• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokèmon Sable Version

Who do you think the Token Pokemon should be?

• Espeon

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Nidoking

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Pokèmon Sable Version

Hack of
    Pokèmon Sable Version

This is my first hack, I've been working on this one for the past couple of months learning new things all the time. I'm trying to make this as unique as I can. I'm always looking for help from good people.
    Pokèmon Sable Version

In this version you are a young Boy/Girl who has just turned the age where Pokèmon training is allowed. the story line is similar to FR but will have its differences.
    Pokèmon Sable Version

Here's what you can expect from this hack.
    New region
    New Gym leaders & E4
    new cities
    all 386 catchable
    and more to come

Pokèmon Sable Version

Spoiler:

Pokèmon Sable Version

Spoiler:

Pokèmon Sable Version

As of now there are no alphas or betas. As soon as I can work a couple of kinks out of the intro., I would like to release a Pre-Alpha.

.:Team:.
    Me

.:Looking for:.
    Scripter, APE and UNLZ GBA wizard, and custom tile inserter

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR BETA TESTERS AT THIS TIME. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMS OR CLUTTER UP THIS THREAD BY ASKING TO BE A BETA TESTER. When I have need of beta testers I will say so. Thank You

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Wow, thanks for the encouragement.
    Looks good, like the pallete changed birch, any info on starters or is it that lapras in screenshot 3?
    So far I've got the Three starters As Bellsprout, Lapras, and Ponyta. however as soon as I can figure out how to enable the National Dex from the beginning, I think I will end up changing them.
    Looks good. Mapping si very well done. Hope to see some palette changing

I would love to change the pallattes as well as stick in a couple new trees, but I can't figure out how to do that correctly.
    (APE hates me)

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
    Years
    Mixing styles = bad.

Mixing RS sprites (And poorly recoloured ones) with FRLG ones is a lazy move, and it looks horrible.
    Also, what's with the storyline? Can't think of anything original but "A lot like FireRed, but will have it's differences", what differences?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Mixing styles = bad.

Mixing RS sprites (And poorly recoloured ones) with FRLG ones is a lazy move, and it looks horrible.
    Also, what's with the storyline? Can't think of anything original but "A lot like FireRed, but will have it's differences", what differences?

Thanks for the constructive criticism, but you do realize that the Screens were from very early on, and by the way I purposely recolored birch like that. As soon as I can figure out how to properly recolor and insert some other OWs w/o replacing a lot of the current ones, I will definitely change some of them. As of now I'm still mapping a lot.

On the storyline comment, so far the only similarities are that the new region may have many routes and cities that may remind some faintly of Kanto, they will be significantly Different, but still retain some old traits.
    The differences include:
    A Female rival
    Myself as a character in the plot (though I have to admit there will be many characters with my traits in them)
    And I will hopefully be including a fair few Events that were not previously in there.

But just as a reminder, I am currently very early on in the creative process and am still thinking of many things that may or may not make it into this hack.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I think "tokenpokemon" is what the pokemon we see in the screen.., or maybe the main pokemon in the hack...

It's just a guess.., by the way... =3

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    A token Pokèmon is the one that characterizes the game(ie.: apears on the marketing, title screen...) , the token pokèmon of FR is charizard.

Here's a tidbit of info, I spent all of yesterday redoing OWs and character sprites. As soon as I have them in the game I'll stick up the screens.
    If anyone knows how to properly replace Oak, and the character big sprites in the intro using UNLZ GBA and can get their colors to come out right. let me know.

thanks for the support

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Well, just a couple updates for today, I was working on the Title screen. (pay no mind to the kingdra, that was from the tutorial and I am definitely going to be replacing it)
    As you can see I've been messing with APE, I am accepting pointers to make it better
    (please be nice)

here's a quick screen.
    Pokèmon Sable Version

as well as create a banner
    Pokèmon Sable Version

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Well.., the title screen is nice.

Keep it up and you might end up perfecting it! ;)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    As you might expect from the change to my sig, Sable version has been put on the back burner for now. I'm going to try and up my skills and learn a few more things before continuing this hack. (besides the fact that I'd like to switch over to Emerald so that I can include the contests and a use for the Dive Hm)
    If someone would like to point me in the direction of a really good (easy) way to put new tilesets from FR or customs into emerald please tell me. thanks for all the support

If the mods or admins want to close this thread they can do so

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    As you might expect from the change to my signture, Sable version has been put on the back burner for now. I'm going to try and up my skills and learn a few more things before continuing this hack. (besides the fact that I'd like to switch over to Emerald so that I can include the contests and a use for the Dive Hm)
    If someone would like to point me in the direction of a really good (easy) way to put new tilesets from FR or customs into emerald please tell me. thanks for all the support

If the mods or admins want to close this thread they can do so

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back