• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen PokéBall Vivillon Giveaway in Paris

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    PokéBall Vivillon Giveaway in Paris

A new event has been announced. Making its first appearance worldwide, the special PokéBall Pattern Vivillon is to be given at the Pokémon Center in Paris from June 4th to June 21st. This Vivillon is Level 12 and comes with the moves Stun Spore, Gust, Light Screen and Struggle Bug. It is unknown if this event will make it out of France.

[Source]

I don't live in France, so I probably won't be able to get a hold of it. Seriously wish it were available in US, too; that Vivillon looks absolutely gorgeous. ;_; Anyhow, got any thoughts, guys?

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Im sure that even if they only decide to do a France distribution, they will find there way over to America DS's. Lots of people in France will get it and then trade it so just keep an eye out for one. As for me, i didn't really collect the Vivillon's so im not to concerned with this. Not when we have a remake of my second favorite region on the way.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Dang it, I wish I were in Paris. My country rarely gets giveaways anyway. ;3;

I'm sure the price for these will be expensive when the event starts. ;3;

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wish it wasn't only being distributed in Paris ;_; My Vivillon collection was complete before, but now I need this one. Hopefully I can steal one get one from some nice French person....

And you probably can't breed for these either.....

Years
  • And you probably can't breed for these either.....

Absolutely correct, since breeding only produces your game's "native" pattern so for example, even if I were to breed one myself I'd still only be able to produce River Pattern Vivillons since that's my native pattern.

That makes this coveted Poke Ball Pattern Vivillon even more valuable. It even comes with the Cherish Ball meaning it can't be GTS traded like most other event Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Absolutely correct, since breeding only produces your game's "native" pattern so for example, even if I were to breed one myself I'd still only be able to produce River Pattern Vivillons since that's my native pattern.

That makes this coveted Poke Ball Pattern Vivillon even more valuable. It even comes with the Cherish Ball meaning it can't be GTS traded like most other event Pokemon.
    Many more ways in which France is giving everyone else the "middle finger" right about now.

Vivilion is one of my favourite Pokemon of Gen VI and I'm downright depressed that once again I'm being excluded from another event because I live in the ***end of the UK.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I love vivillon, but unfortunately don't use it often The ones I can reliably get are of one of my least favorite patterns, polar. I'd love using this one, though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I hope they bring these worldwide eventually. It's not our fault none of us live in Paris, and it's not like we can just hop on over there to snatch up a Vivillon or "just trade" for one from someone who could.

Years
  • Oooh how lucky for them :) I love Vivillon, the only pattern I have is the garden one but it along with all its variations fascinate me, certainly not gonna complain about another one haha! :)

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I have a few friends who live in Paris, but none that play Pokemon, I think I'd be a bit embarrassed to ask them to go there for me. Plus I'd have to send my 3DS/game...

Hopefully they'll release this outside of Paris at some point. There's been such limited event distributions in the US since the games were released...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

The cherish ball isn't what prevents it from being traded on the GTS, it's the Ribbon that the pokemon has (I think the two are Premier and Classic ribbons) just try to trade the Celebi that was given from the Pokebank, it's in a Luxury ball but it still can't be traded because it has the Classic Ribbon. True, it's a moot point because every pokemon in a Cherish Ball comes with one of the ribbons that prevents trading on the GTS, but still, it's not the ball, it's the ribbon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The cherish ball isn't what prevents it from being traded on the GTS, it's the Ribbon that the pokemon has (I think the two are Premier and Classic ribbons) just try to trade the Celebi that was given from the Pokebank, it's in a Luxury ball but it still can't be traded because it has the Classic Ribbon. True, it's a moot point because every pokemon in a Cherish Ball comes with one of the ribbons that prevents trading on the GTS, but still, it's not the ball, it's the ribbon.
    I have to wonder though why these event Pokemon with these certain Ribbons are barred from being traded on the GTS when one of the major focuses of the games is trading with other people. Seems kinda contradictory....

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    welp Vivillion is on my team. This one is gorgeous and I want it but I don't live in Paris/am quite a distance away. Can't just pop over for a quick visit to download one

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I have to wonder though why these event Pokemon with these certain Ribbons are barred from being traded on the GTS when one of the major focuses of the games is trading with other people. Seems kinda contradictory....

well you can still trade, it is just limited to people you personally know (and have the friend codes for) but can still trade that way over the internet or in person. But I do agree, I don't know why those ribboned pokemon or certain event pokemon are banned from the GTS. Maybe it's to prevent cloning? Although in order for that to be the case, Nintendo would have had to have known about the cloning glitch before the game was released, (unless the GTS was used for cloning in previous gen games as well)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    well you can still trade, it is just limited to people you personally know (and have the friend codes for) but can still trade that way over the internet or in person. But I do agree, I don't know why those ribboned pokemon or certain event pokemon are banned from the GTS. Maybe it's to prevent cloning? Although in order for that to be the case, Nintendo would have had to have known about the cloning glitch before the game was released, (unless the GTS was used for cloning in previous gen games as well)
    True. But if its to prevent cloning, what about all the legendaries and 6IV Dittos and such that people are cloning?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    True. But if its to prevent cloning, what about all the legendaries and 6IV Dittos and such that people are cloning?

Anyone with those games can get a ditto or the respective legendaries so as long as you put down the $40 you can get them already. The event legendaries require you to actually be in a certain place or to have gotten the game and connected to wifi at a particular date in order to get them. Preventing those from being cloned retains their rarity. Kyurem isn't rare, anyone with black white 1 or 2 can get one, Zygarde is not rare, anyone with X or Y can get one, so it doesn;t matter if those are cloned, Meloetta or Keldeo can't be cloned (in terms of cloning them on the GTS anyway) so when a giveaway of those happens it's a big deal and whips up pokemon frenzy to get those pokemon.

Look at it like this, if Nintendo was giving away a normal Rayquaza, people would be pretty ho hum about it. If you had any Hoenn game or Heart Gold/Soul Silver, you already can get a Rayquaza. (or 2 or 3) but when they were offering Celebi (which was never attainable in any game) on the Pokebank, how many people signed up JUST to get it?

Reactions: Nah
    Back