• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity New Years Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Uh, ill go for the graphics event, yeah ilk cohost for it.

Whos the host?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Well since the iStetch is taken I wouldn't mind co-hosting:

Write the Best Pokémon Themed "12 Days of Christmas" (Co-hosted by Kip & __________)[FONT=&quot]
    The idea is to hold a competition to see who can come up with the best Pokémon version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" carol. For example: "On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a Pidgey in a pear tree." Do you have the creativity it takes to make it through the very top? There's only one way to find out...

I would like to because this is an event I had thought about before hand, and is something I would be really interested in. I have never hosted an event here at PC before, but I would really love to. If it is okay with Kip of course.

EDIT: I like the title change, but the description may be a bit tricky....
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Can you explain why you would like to co-host it and what you think qualifies you to help host the event?

Well, i have a vast experience in graphics. I have good judgement, and i spend half my time doing graphics.

I would like to do it as i think its really fun and i have the time for it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Graphics event.

Hey, it's unfortunate that I couldn't host sammyskitty and I's event but at least I'd like to offer if I could host the Graphics event. I haven't hosted before and I thought it would be fun to do so. I am happy to host with anyone so I'm not picky. :3

Have fun and Happy New Year to all. Even though it's still quite a few weeks away. :X

Last edited:
    Years
    Write the Best Pokémon Themed "12 Days of Christmas" (Co-hosted by Kip & __________)[FONT="]
    The idea is to hold a competition to see who can come up with the best Pokémon version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" carol. For example: "On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a Pidgey in a pear tree." Do you have the creativity it takes to make it through the very top? There's only one way to find out...
    I think I'd like to host/ co-host this event. I am experienced in writing poetry and songs, so I could help with both hosting and judging this event.

These title changes confuse me. .-.[/FONT]

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Damb it, I would have loved to co-host with Pachy for the AMV contest since I did it with her for the get together a few months ago, im very exsperienced too, and a pro with sony vegas. :(

Could I maybe help with the "Trivia Event with AdvancedK47"?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Graphics event.

Hey, it's unfortunate that I couldn't host sammyskitty and I's event but at least I'd like to offer if I could host the Graphics event. I haven't hosted before and I thought it would be fun to do so. I am happy to host with anyone so I'm not picky. :3

Have fun and Happy New Year to all. Even though it's still quite a few weeks away. :X
    If Curious. wouldn't mind, would I be able to host this as well? It seems like fun to host something.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Just a little notice. My mom just threw me some bullcrap about the family going on vacation for New Years. I know, it's a wonderful time of year to be traveling to freaking New York.

Anyways, my internet access might become limited if I get pushed around, I'm still not confirming my position of host as vacant, but is a notice by Christmas day early enough? Or do I have to confirm right now?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Just a little notice. My mom just threw me some bullcrap about the family going on vacation for New Years. I know, it's a wonderful time of year to be traveling to freaking New York.

Anyways, my internet access might become limited if I get pushed around, I'm still not confirming my position of host as vacant, but is a notice by Christmas day early enough? Or do I have to confirm right now?
    Event Planners will start planning for their events after the 19th, when this thread is closed. So, I would say try to have your answer in hopefully by the end of this weekend if you can. Giving word by Christmas Day might be too late, as that's only four days away from when the actual event takes place, and you and your partner will need time to get things organized, such as times, the thread, prizes, questions, and so forth. :\

Years
    hmm, this seems interesting. If there's need for a co-host for the trivia, I'm willing to help. if not, I'm going to defend my title.

Also, I want t otake a shot at the 12 days of Chistmas thing, but preferrably with a twist... does it only have to be on the song, or can you go with a different variation of the 12 days theme?

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
    Amazed that this hasn't been suggested yet, but i'm am suggesting and voluntering for Movie night! I'll show some kind of winter/christmas movie that everyone will agree, is that possible?

Nimblethumbs

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    Am i hosting for the graphics? Because there are 3 people running for graphics, and i was the first to ask...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Shivi and I haven't been on at the same time to discuss who's hosting what from the people who have been asking since the open positions list went up, so we don't know who's hosting that event yet.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Well, I sent my events to Jake a week ago and nothing ever really happened, so I'll post here.

I was planning an end of year TF2/L4D2 event in addition to this weekend's one. Also, the Christmas of Code event's been up in C&T for about a week now and I extended the deadline to Dec. 31st, if anyone's interested.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back