• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Supporter Rewards

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    can you please explain how to do that? I've looked through the whole thread, and the only way I see of donaiting is by either credit card or paypal. and since I don't have either of them, only such a debit card, I would like to donate and know how to pay with this.

If you use the donation button just up next to your username it should take you to a page where you can donate 'Anonymously' without having to have a paypal account. that's the way I've done it and I used my debit card rather than my credit card and it worked.

Atomic Reactor

Lightning is just saying that there's always a chance that it may get lost.
    So you can't blame PC.,

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Just something I've been wondering; if you donate and then something like the database crash happens and everything gets rolled back, what happens? Does the money still go through or are the donations collected separately from PC?

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Actually according to the donations page your are in effect donating to PPN Hosting (the server that PC resides on. therefore they are collected separately. If a crash occurs and you suddenly lose the 'perks' of donating your best bet is to PM Rukario and he should be able to look up your donation from the hosting side of the server or the backup server.
    though it's a very rare occurrence that we would lose more than 4-5 days of data. as weekly back-ups are performed, I think. (Steve feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    All the donations made thru Paypal and snail mail have off server copies (receipts and your letters, respectively)... If we were to loose the database here on pc and had to use a week old backup one, there would be no problem making sure recent supporters are re-added, if they needed to be. We may forget that you need to be added so if that happens just a simple reminder PM will fix it and get you promptly re-added.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Ahh okay~ thank you. I was just curious and I know it's a terrible thing to say, but it'd just be a little discerning if the money I donated never got through. ^^;

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    There is one other way i believe, and that is by Mail, Cash or Cheque.

Other than that, it has to be PayPal, you can donate thru paypal without signing up using this link.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Question is it ok if I never donate. Cause I mean I dont want to feel like im a loner and a cheap person using a forum without helping it live.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Question is it ok if I never donate. Cause I mean I dont want to feel like im a loner and a cheap person using a forum without helping it live.

'-.-
    PC obviously isn't going to force you to donate, but if you enjoy using it, then yeah, donating a little bit of cash would be a nice thing to do.

And I don't think you'll be looked upon as "cheap" if you don't donate...

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    donating is not required nor expected.. it just is an option available to you all in case you just want to help support your fav forum.
    while supporters are just regular members, we do offer some added benefits to them as a thank you when they do donate.. again donating is not required or expected.

DSLitegamer1994

look into my eye
    Years
    I highly doubt anyone's going to donate $2000 so it may as well be real. XD; Unless someone donates a dollar a day for the next 6 years or so. :|

Anyway, to answer your question, Ichaste Pekoni, yes. If you donate more according to the ranking scheme, you'll be moved up in the ranks. :D
    also highly doubt but anyone is going to donate that much,but it's worth it for being a admin or a mod.I guess i'll try to,since i want to be one in this fourm

Back