• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Tutoring Program - stop signing up...seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Student

PC Shoddy Server Username: Patchisou Yutohru
    Time Zone: GMT-5 (EST)
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? Creating a strategic team with synergy and predicting moves.
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Until the 21st, I'm available 24/7.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? No sir.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I'm signing up as a student. n__n;

PC Shoddy Server Username:
    Shivi
    Time Zone: Eastern (GMT -5)
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? Does everything count? If so, then everything.
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Schedule is kind of bumpy at the moment. With the new year and trying to change my life around right now, I don't have an exact schedule. You can probably catch me on around the afternoons and nights though and if I'm not on PO, then tug me on MSN to get on. XD
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I haven't battled competitively in over a year, so I'm pretty rusty on all the aspects of it. I'm quick at learning though, so hopefully I'll catch on pretty quickly as I'm tutored more often.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Student, if it's not too late.

PC Shoddy Server Username: ShadowLakitu
    Time Zone: GMT +10 (DST on atm), Australian Eastern Standard Time.
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? Synergy and general team building :x
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? at the moment i'm on holidays, so nothing. when the time comes i'll fix stuff up.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I'm kinda in the middle here. I'm not good enough to tutor, but my skill isn't really "bad" either... :x

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I hope I'm not too late buuut student
    PC Shoddy Server Username:
    Time Zone: UTC
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team building and prediction.
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm not really busy most of the times, but I have to study for exams soon, so I won't be on much till the 22nd.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I suck at Pokemon, really. :(

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm going to be tutoring. Not filling out one of those forms because I'm the senior staff member of this forum and I don't have to. I'll take on an individual student if needed but I'm going to focus on "classes" of sorts to teach general concepts and ideas found in competitive Pokemon.

I didn't think we were doing classes this time based on their massive "failure" (really more of a total lack of interest and/or laziness on the tutors' and/or students' parts), but if you'd like to do them especially given our overflow of students, I don't see why not. We would need the other tutors to want to participate as well though since you can't do it alone. And of course, we need there to be people who would attend them.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Applying as: Student

PC Shoddy Server Username: FreakyLocz14

Time Zone: Pacific

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm off of work and school until January 23rd and I'll be spending the weekend before moving back to school. I should be completely free from now until then, but send my tutor can PM me here and I'll make sure I'm set to receive notifications on my phone when they message me.

What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Team building, synergy, strategy, and prediction.

Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? Despite having been a PC member for almost 1 1/2 years now, I have only dabbled in competitive battling, but I don't consider myself a skilled or serious battler yet.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Signin

PC Shoddy Server Username: Zeffy / Zeffypoops
    Time Zone: UTC + 8
    What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? I'm best at prediction. Synergy is one of my strong points, and I cover most of my team's weakness even if I'm at a disadvantage. I'm much more experienced at Gen 5 battling but I can also work with Gen 4.
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm at school during most of the day but during weekends and Friday, I stay up way to late. So best way to contact me is during weekends.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? Well, I've been battling for a year now. I studied Gen 5 for the past few months and have made a team that made me achieve a lot of wins. I've also helped my friends build their teams and make them succeed.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I didn't think we were doing classes this time based on their massive "failure" (really more of a total lack of interest and/or laziness on the tutors' and/or students' parts), but if you'd like to do them especially given our overflow of students, I don't see why not. We would need the other tutors to want to participate as well though since you can't do it alone. And of course, we need there to be people who would attend them.

When I read Luke's post, I was kind of thinking that we could have a sort of group introduction to competitive battling, really. We could highlight the basics there, like why you can't max out stats with 255 evs, or what choice items do. I think it'd be a cool idea to have a sort of "aside" class, but not to rely on it. I think relying on everyone to get together is what broke it last time, but as long as there are a couple students on the server we can keep a log of the whole session and post it.

Also, if we teach the basic necessities of battling together, that saves more time for the one-on-one sessions to actually teach specific stuff.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Yeah I've not battled gen V THAT much, but I've picked up a lot kinda like wolf, and I've been quite successful in general when not faced with confuse ray gengar. IN OTHER WORDS:

Tutor

PC Shoddy Server Username: Oppowdon/Natu
    Time Zone: GMT +1
    What aspect of competitive battling are you best at? I'm quite good at optimizing EV spreads and making my "own"/unprepared for sets, but what I think might be my major strength is knowing what decisions to make during an actual battle as the battle unfolds (aka playing with my opponent/overpredicting w/e you call it).
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?: I'm most likely going to be quite busy studying this half, and I'm waiting for a new computer, but knowing me I'll have little to no issues to get on the server during the evening (usually from 7 PM - 10 PM at the very least). I'll also pm my studying schedule to whoever I end up tutoring (if I end up being a tutor, that is), so I should be able to find some time at the very least.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I'm multi-langual, (woo go four languages), I love oil, I'm proud of not being canadian, and I love kicking trolls/Puppies/Syndrome, so if syndy is being a bad boy/annoying as always, who you gonna call?? that's right me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    Not too late.
    Mm I think its ok if I use PO PC server, but I'll download Shoddy2 if I have to.

PC Shoddy Server Username: TrashTNT
    Time Zone: GMT-5 I think, anyways I live in the Eastern time zone.
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? Prediction, Team building
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? After 8 please.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? No.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    No need for Shoddy. Anti just messed that up in the first post. Everywhere he refers to shoddy, he means PO. lol

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    I can see this going a long way!

Anti said:
    session 1: team building

choice specs latios
    filler
    filler
    filler
    filler
    filler

session 2: using your team

draco meteor
    filler
    filler
    draco meteor
    filler
    filler
    dragon pulse sweep

good luck!

So, when are we starting? sorry for sounding impatient, but considering how we've got more than 8 tutors applying now as well as the fact that many people will be less available as time passes on (go school/studies/work etc) I think that getting this up and going rather quickly would be most beneficial, though I'll understand if we should not rush things, at least not atm :x

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    loling @ opposite day's quoted part

also curious as to when this begins

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    loling @ opposite day's quoted part

also curious as to when this begins

I would presume when Anti gets back from the bowl game and pairs people up. ;;

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
    Sorry, I can't join, I can't remember my password on PO(Everytime I try to log into a server, it asks for a password). Sorry!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Sorry, I can't join, I can't remember my password on PO(Everytime I try to log into a server, it asks for a password). Sorry!

If you just go into team builder and change your name on all your teams, you can still join. just add a period to the end of them and you can still log on.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I thought we were given the option to choose who we tutored?

Perhaps, but all the first post says about the subject is: "As for how exactly this will work, there will be eight students and eight tutors. Each student will be assigned to a tutor." So maybe I guess, but I'm going to wait for Anti's judgment as he is indeed in charge of this.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Sorry for the New Orleans vacation, though the Buckeyes finally beat an SEC team, so that's good. But yeah, sorry for the delay.

Anyhow, I'll get the pairings done shortly. Unless I'm totally inept at counting, I've counted eight tutors and a ton more students. For the students, we might give them priority over others for the next installment of this, but for now, first come first serve will determine those positions as the OP stated. I will pair up the tutors and students just based on time zones and then specific battling skills. If there are any problems with the selection you get, just post it here (it does have to be valid and not "I dislike Use X," of course), and the change will be painless. The selection is by no means an exact science so it's not a big deal if there is a problem.

If there are no problems, we will begin the tutoring and schedule the first tournament.

Again, sorry for the delay @_@.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Okay, I've done the basic pairings. If there are any problems, let's get them out of the way now so we don't have to deal with them once we've launched this. If you are participating, please post and confirm that you're fine with the pairing. That is so that I know that everyone saw the pairings so that we can proceed. If you're not, you can post here or PM me if you'd prefer. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skip Shot & Fuyuhiko
    Syndrome & TwilightBlade
    .Aero & Karpman
    .Gamer & Twilight Sky
    Aurafire & Jukain-Arashi
    Wolflare & yellowbird
    Vrai & Kaori
    Zeffy & dragonomega

NOTE: For Zeffy and dragonomega, your time zones are pretty far off, so I don't know if it will work. I did my best here, but if it just isn't going to work, please do let me know. Sorry for that, neither of you guys had anyone too close to you with the whole time zone thing =(.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were a lot of student sign-ups, so we will have subs in case a student or two can't do this for whatever reason. It will just be who posted first really, but in case you're wondering what the start of the list is, it is, in order:

1. Mukkamoto
    2. Rainbow-Sazuke
    3. Dooonerz
    4. chaos11011

For those of you who can't participate due to the eight students/tutors restriction, we'll probably give you guys first priority for the next round of this in a few months.

If a tutor can't do this, Opposite Day is our lone sub. Congrats, haha.

So yeah, please do post once you know that the pairing is fine. You might want to contact your tutor/student to make sure of this, just to be on the safe side (and also to introduce yourself!). We should be able to get the ball rolling now, and again, sorry for the delay >_>.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back