• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokédex 3D

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    Honestly I think Nintendo just wanted an excuse to put out a game for use with the Nintendo 3DS as soon as they could. It looks like it is just a simple Pokedex, which in my opinion is extremely boring. The only 2 good things I like about it are that the graphics look alright and it is free (I would be angry if they tried to make money off of a so called "Pokedex Game."

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Meh, at least it's free, and it does look a little cool. Plus it seems to be in english, so I guess japan won't get it first this time. :D

/I hope this isn't the game Coro Coro were going to announce.

I would be so crushed it this was the game that they were talking about ._."

:t354:TG

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'd pay for this just because I'm a nerd, though I wouldn't pay much. I love that it's free, so definitely downloading it. Though, the augmented reality is confusing. Play with the Pokemon on your desk, via the systems camera? o 0

/phone post

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Heh, I downloaded it this morning, it's pretty cool, though a little dull, they could of added some BG music into it. Though, I love the special animations. I have a little guestion, does anyone know how to get the images to prink out the stickers? Or are they on the SD card or something? xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    This program didn't wasn't produced with the budget in mind to implement actual gameplay features.

The majority of the graphics were produced for other purposes (The 3D models and animation data is clearly intended for a battling game) while the majority of the programming was just to set up a 3D model viewer and list a database of Pokémon and move statistics, with some basic 3DS features like AR photography added. It's pretty much put together to promote the eShop, a free title wouldn't have had actual gameplay designed.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    The game is made to be a free pokedex to spare people from having to use the internet (with obviously needs internet connection) to look up stuff about Pokemon. They put in some 3D models to make it representable on the 3DS, and voila: You have the perfect little program to advertise the e-shop :)

And: Has Game Freak even announced a full game for the 3DS? I've only heard they were making something for it :l

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I have completed the Pokedex, expect of some alternate forms and two monkeys (which you can't get without connecting with friends).

Last edited:

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    It's great, but where the heck are all the pokemon from Kanto to Sinnoh? It's a really big issue for me for not putting those in...

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    I have completed the Pokedex, expect of some alternate forms and two monkeys (which you can't get without connecting with friends).
    Same here, I was wondering why I couldn't get the rest.
    Anyways, I hope they add the function of shiny mode in the future.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's great, but where the heck are all the pokemon from Kanto to Sinnoh? It's a really big issue for me for not putting those in...

Jesus man you downloaded this for free - and there's a button in the menu just waiting for updates to the program to come along. Wait and see if there's more content updates down the line - after the app has finished with its main purpose of promoting Black and White.

Crig

M
    Years
    I understand why I didn't find the thread, spinoff games, really? its a pokedex....
    anyway, like i said in my old thread:

I personally love it, very usefull when you're not close to a computer or phone.

I've scanned most of the AR codes, but I'm missing a few.
    I got most of them here: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex3d/pokemon.shtml

If anyone here have the missing ones, please share :)

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
    I understand why I didn't find the thread, spinoff games, really? its a pokedex....
    anyway, like i said in my old thread:

I personally love it, very usefull when you're not close to a computer or phone.

I've scanned most of the AR codes, but I'm missing a few.
    I got most of them here: https://www.serebii.net/pokedex3d/pokemon.shtml

If anyone here have the missing ones, please share :)

Here you go.
    Pokédex 3D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I like Pokedex 3D. It's a good, speedier alternative to the INTERNET, especially on road trips as it doesn't require a INTERNET connection. Hopefully in the near future it'll be updated with all 649 pokemon.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I am impressed with the Pokedex 3D, being able to scan those codes is creative, it also taught me that Samurott has a sword in it's leg! o.O (touch the action command when viewing samurott).

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    If you scan Reshiram and Zekrom you automatically get them. Not sure if anyone has already said this!

I like the Pokedex 3D, it's pretty sweet!

Back