• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] PokéLINK [IC]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Layla Riese

-The Wood Gecko Pokémon
qkf0.png

252MS.png
Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

The first thing Layla noticed as the tall man turned around was that he also seemed to wear one of those strange watches. The woman smiled politely as he regained his composure then curiously looked him up and down. He seemed to be sporting a pair of mud stained khaki boots that she found pretty funny for some reason and a pair of light-blue jeans. His orange and black shirt complemented his outfit really well and the straps of a tan backpack rested on his shoulders.

"I'm guessing you're not one of those creepy robot people, eh?" the man asked her as a teasing smile spread across his face. "Anyways, my name i-" he went on, but they were suddenly interrupted by Oakley's annoying voice that announced her waiting in the Pallet Laboratory. A pillar of light shone above the larger building, that clearly was the Lab.

Before Layla could react to the boy in any way other than smiling politely like she had the entire time, the young man threw her a "Sorry, gotta go see this!" as he started running towards the Laboratory. The woman sighed and shook her head. She could have easily caught up with him, but she saw no reason in doing so. She simply ran her fingers through her long hair and started casually walking towards the large building.

As she got close to the building, she could see three other females and the strange, tall man gathered up at the entrance. One of the females, a red-haired one, significantly shorter than the strange man, had her arms wrapped tight around the guy's waist, but she quickly let go, seemingly embarrassed. Soon after, the other two girls entered the Laboratory, shortly followed by the tall guy.

"Guess that's where I'm supposed to go as well" Layla thought as she silently walked past the red-haired girl, barely noticing her, the girl's mind being on what she had just missed and what could be happening inside the Laboratory.

The Laboratory seemed neatly organized, fancy machinery everywhere. Opposite of the entrance, there were various podiums that had some strange, red and white balls on them. They were Pokéballs.

The woman walked up to one of the podiums towards one corner of the room. On her way, she could see pictures of strange creatures above each podium. The most noticeable ones to her were a picture of a cute-looking yellow fox, a strange lizard whose tail was on fire, a tiny crocodile with a rather large mouth, a rather cute looking frog and what looked like a toad with a bulb on its back. There were others as well, but Layla didn't pay much attention. She wasn't particularly fond of any of the creatures she had seen though, so she headed towards the corner of the room, where two more podiums stood next to the one that had the picture of the toad with the bulb. The two pictures above the podiums showed a serpent-like creature and a lizard with a rather unusual tail. For some reason, the woman found the lizard more suitable for her than any of the others. It looked rater athletic to her. As she picked up the Pokéball that presumably contained the creature shown in the picture, a rather metallic voice echoed in her head: "Treecko, the Wood Gecko Pokémon" That must have been it.

Layla picked up the ball and looked at it curiously. The bottom side was white and the top side was red, a large, white button in the middle. The woman cautiously pressed the button and a flash of red light emerged as the ball opened, materializing into a tiny, green lizard with an odd-looking tail, the very same that appeared in the picture.

"Treecko" was all the Pokémon said as it came out. It then looked up at Layla, its piercing yellow eyes seemingly analyzing the girl.

"Uhm… hi there" Layla said as she squatted down towards the Pokémon, to get a closer look at it. "I'm Layla." she introduced herself politely and smiled warily. "I think you're my Pokémon now." She went on, uncertainty in her voice.

Just then, the watch on her wrist beeped as the screen flickered on. A holographic screen popped up, showing the image of the Treecko. A number of options popped up on screen: Info & Statistics, Dex Entry, Evolution Chart, Moves Learned and Locations. They all seemed related to the Pokémon. The woman tapped the Info & Statistics and the screen flickered again:
Treecko
Level: 5
Type: Grass
Species: Wood Gecko Pokémon
Height: 0.51m
Weight: 5.0kg
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Serious
A number of other sections containing information on Breeding and some base statistics about the Pokémon's Strengths and Weaknesses, as well as its type defenses were listed. Layla was awe-struck as she quickly looked over the abundance of information. The entire time, the Treecko looked at its new trainer, still analyzing her.

Layla had already figured out that the place she was in couldn't be real, that she was probably stuck in a virtual world, but that didn't stop her from being quite excited about having a Pokémon. She cautiously extended her hand towards the Treecko and asked in a kind voice:

"So, do you want to come with me on a journey?"

The Pokémon nodded and hopped on the woman's shoulder. Its weight didn't phase Layla. She was an athlete after all so five kilograms resting on her shoulder didn't feel like much of a burden to her.

"Alright then!" she chimed happily. "Let's get going." She pointed towards the door as she smiled at her new Pokémon, but, just as they were heading out, she spotted the weird man again. He seemed to have picked a happy-go-lucky monkey with a small, flaming tail. A smile crept upon the woman's face as she tiptoed her way towards the man and playfully whispered in his ear: " I'm Layla, by the way." Before turning around on her heels and walking away.

Outside the Lab, the woman looked at the watch on her wrist. There had to be more functions to it. Despite not being that tech savy, she could easily find the Menu and the first thing she could see was the word "Maps". Clicking on it she could see what looked like a list of Routes, Route 1 being highlighted in a pretty shade of teal. Clicking on it revealed the map of said Route. The path seemed pretty straight-forward.

"Guess that's where we're going." She said as she looked over at the Treecko. The Pokémon was curiously analyzing the map on the holographic display. Extending one of its tiny hands towards the display, the Pokémon cautiously poked it. The display flickered a few times then disappeared. The Treecko scratched its head, but quickly regained its composure and started scouting its surroundings from its trainer's shoulder. It could see the Route Layla was talking about. Happily pointing North, the Pokémon made it clear that it knew the way.

Layla smiled happily and softly petted her Pokémon's belly as she slowly started walking towards the exit of the town.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Saya Kobayashi // Pallet Town

She felt a warm presence as she soon regained consciousness. She was laying on the ground, as she finally came to opening her eyes. The air around her was pretty peaceful, and she didn't look like she had much bruises. It was then she noticed - she looked slightly different, and was carrying on what looked like a small bag.

She finally got around on her feet. She was in a small town - one that she had never seen before. She saw a couple of people walking around, and people also tending to their won gardens and houses. Funny, in a way, it resembled her own hometown, so.. perhaps she came to peace with it rather quickly. She stumbled a bit, trying to walk. Just how long as she been in the ground? But soon, she got her leggridge back, and was up and about.

Saya soon saw some people a long the way, including a woman with what seemed like.. orange hair? And a man who seemed slightly husky with black hair. She approached the male.

"Erm, sorry to bother you," said Saya. "And.. this may be a weird question, but, can you tell me where I am?"

"Technology is incredible!!" replied the man. "You can store anything upon your PC!"

Saya blinked. "That... totally wasn't what I asked," she said. "What is this place and how did I...?"

"Technology is incredible!! You can store anything upon your PC!"

Okaaaay! This person is totally insane, thought Saya with a sigh. "Never-mind, thanks.. anyway." She jogged away from the strange man, not watching where sh was going, until she ran smack - face first upon a sign. She fell, and rubbed her nose from the hit, until, she eventually saw what the sign had said:

Pallet Town
"A Town of beginnings".

Caution: Be careful that you do not bump against this sign. It will hurt a lot.

"P-Pallet Town?!" Saya read, as she stood back up, not keeping her eyes off the sign. "But.. that's a pokemon town from the Kanto region, is it not?" Oh yeah, she remembers playing pokemon as a kid, and she loved it a lot. But upon coming here, how was this possible? What the devil is going on here...?

"Ding-dong! Hello everyone!" said a familiar voice, echoing around Saya. That high pitched voice she only heard once, but she could never forget it. It was that.. *girl* again. "Come find me! I'm waiting in the Pallet Laboratory," a beam of light appears above the largest building in town, clearly marking the way.

Hm, the Pallet Laboratory, thought Saya. That was where Professor Oak was, who gave us our first pokemon. Wait, she mean to-- But to confirm her beliefs, she knew she had to rush on over there.

It was definitely the biggest building in Pallet Town, as she stood in awh of the laboratory's impressive height. She then saw some others have gathered around as well. Perhaps they were more NPCs? Either way, she wasn't really in the mood to nonchalantly find out. It was time to get some answers. She saw a guard there too, repeating the same line, "The Professor will see you shortly". Soon, she saw that the doors open, and finally, the girl herself that she saw, stepped out with what it seemed like a lab coat, and.. she was much smaller than Saya expected.

She pointed towards the laboratory. "Inside are your monsters, your friends! You're definitely going to need one to start off, and it's totally up to you who you choose, aha," her speech is punctuated with odd giggles and smirks.

Saya could only close her ears to soothe the high pitchness. Is she even HUMAN?

"One more thing!" she yells, hitting her forehead with her hand comically, "Oops I almost forgot - Your Pokétch. Let's just say it's so we can keep a close eye on you kids, although it's pretty handy for information too."

The players all walked in, but Saya stayed behind. She had finally meet up with her kidnapper at last, so, she needed some answers. "What's this all about?!" she asked. "What did you bring me here for, and why?! Are.. are you being possessed by the yokai of destruction?!"

But she didn't address that. "Go get your Pokémon, if you're not in the next down by the end of the day... well you'll be in trouble!" Saya can only grumble as the space around the young girl warps, she drops apart into what it seemed like... pixels? All the while, her giggle lasts just a few seconds after she is gone. With that, the door finally opens.

Ugh, darn her! Hm, I might as well do as she says for now... Saya thought, as she had finally went on inside.

The laboratory inside was pretty much as she was expecting of it - it was filled with books, and some machines inside. The other players she saw stopped to see.. what it looked like podiums topped with pokeballs? She didn't look where she was going, and stumbled upon one as well. Perhaps she needed to open it? There was a photo that she then noticed. She recognized the creature, but, couldn't quite put her finger on it.. she reached for it with her left hand, only to be surprised by a sudden voice.

SNIVY IS A VERY INTELLIGENT AND CALM POKEMON. BEING EXPOSED TO SUNLIGHT MAKES IT'S MOVEMENTS SWIFTER. WHEN THEY ARE NOT FEELING WELL, THEIR TAILS DROP, SO, BE SURE TO FEED IT REGULARLY AND IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DON'T MENTION TEDDYBEARS. IT HATES TEDDYBEARS.

Ah, that's what it's called - A Snivy, Saya thought. Hm, I never really used a Snivy on Pokemon games before, so, I suppose there's a first time for everything! She then at last, grabbed hold of the pokeball in her right hand. Ah, and Snivy is a grass pokemon... my mom has always told me that our family tradition have resolved around flowers and the wildlife. We love nature and to help it, so, this is good - having a grass starter pokemon will help me live up to our family name!

She finally threw her pokeball in the air, and soon, the pokeball expanded from pure energy, and soon, she finally saw it - the Snivy had been released, as Saya caught it as it was falling. Saya came on contact with the Snivy's eyes. It was definitely no yokai - it was a sure enough pokemon. Her very own pokemon! "Nyyyy!" it cried. This was all pretty mind-boggling to Saya - playing pokemon, only to lead up to her holding one! It was amazing!

That Snivy is an extraordinary pokemon, and now it belongs to you. Take good care of it, and it will take care of you. Remember, pokemon are our friends - we smile with them, we laugh with them, we battle alongside them, and most importantly, we grow bonds with them. Treat your pokemon with trust and love, and you will become a fine pokemon trainer.

"Me, a pokemon trainer..." Saya whispered. Was that a voice in her head? Or was it.. some sort of premonition? Maybe some part of her conscience? Whatever it was, it was right. Snivy was real enough for her, and now, she became a full fledged pokemon trainer.

Saya then remembered - she also had a poketch, which displayed the information that she needed. A map, glowed on her poketch, which showed a place called Route One. I guess that woman wants me to travel there, Saya thought, turning to her Snivy. "But now, I'm not alone, am I? Snivy, you and I, are a team!"

"Nyy!" it cried, as Saya carried her new Snivy, out from her lab door. It was time for her adventure, and her troubles, to begin..

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Jerrod Parker - I Choose You

As he stood against the Lab Building, an all-too-familiar voice summoned him to the front of the lab. Oakley... Shaking his head, still dazed by the fact that he was in a Pokemon game, he slowly made his way to the front of the building, seeing a group already forming in front of the door. He kept his distance from the group and was quietly observing when Oakley opened the door and stepped out, sporting a pink dress and overly-large lab coat. She mentioned the fact that there were pokemon ready for them to choose. Jerrod couldn't help but smile at the thought of actually HAVING a pokemon with him, though its been a long time since he played any of the games. Oakley also made mention of the Poketch on his wrist. "So its a combination trainer tool/tracking device, huh?", he thought as he brought the device closer to his face. Before long, Oakley and the guard disappeared and the door opened. The others started heading inside, so Jerrod quietly followed suit.

Inside, the Lab was very impressive, with computers, machines, and other devices strewn about. There was starting to be a commotion in the back. He followed it until he saw the podiums, each displaying a pokeball and a picture above it. There were a few people taking pokeballs already. Jerrod had to act fast or there'll be nothing left! He noticed that there was a podium being ignored, one that apparently contained a Bulbasaur. As he approached the pillar, a metallic voice in his head confirmed that Bulbasaur was inside. He took the pokeball from the display and clipped it to his belt, quietly walking out of the lab and heading to Route 1, calling up the map from his Poketch. He hesitated at the start, realizing he hadn't yet met his first pokemon. He unclipped the ball and enlarged it, throwing it in the air and called out Bulbasaur. Light from the ball coalesced and formed into the grass-type, which looked up at him with a thoughtful gaze. He smiled as he was beside himself with the thought of seeing a pokemon in the flesh. He called up his pokemon's stats on his device, seeing that it was a female. It also said that her ability was Overgrow and that she was more playful than usual for her species.

He looked back down at the pokemon, who seemed to smile and accept him for who he was. "Hi there," he nodded and smiled, "Since we'll be spending our journey together, we need to give you an acceptable nickname. How bout Sage?" She gruffly shook her head. "Rose?" She looked confused, but Jerrod sensed he was closer. "Rosemary?" It was then that she nodded and smiled at the sound of the name. "Alright then, Rosemary. Are you ready to join me on my journey?" She nodded again and almost seemed to dance around his feet, causing Jerrod to smile once again. He motioned to her and the pair walked out of Pallet Town towards their first destination: following Route 1 to (if he remembered right) Viridian City.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan "Nate" Harris | Choosing the partner!

After the long time it took to get him used to his new environment, Nathan got up and started walking around. For some unknown and strange reason, he felt like he went there before seeing as he could vaguely remember this place. But he couldn't recall neither the name nor the time he ever went there and that was really frustrating. Just where in the world was he?! He saw a sign and examined it carefully. With a pang of surprise, he realized just where he was. Pallet Town! That's right, he was stuck in a Pokemon game of all places! This explained the helmet and the animated and oh so annoying Oakley brat.

"Perfect, just plain effing perfect!"

He was raging. He was supposed to be signing up at an event for his future and now he was stuck in a stupid game. There had to be a way to escape somehow. Then he saw a random person, he hated asking strangers for help but there was no other way right now. He swallowed his pride.

"Excuse me mister, could you probably..."

"Isn't technology wonderful? You can now use PCs to store items and Pokémon!"

The man had stopped him mid-sentence then it hit him. Of course, NPCs! What would be a MMO without its NPCs? He felt like he wanted to punch a wall. The solution became a little clearer, in every Pokemon game the player was supposed to get his first partner in some sort of Lab. Looking around, he quickly spotted it and his theory was confirmed when he saw a couple of people in front. He first thought of NPCs but this proven to be wrong as he saw them talk between themselves while using gestures. As he was walking to them, he heard the person he hated the most, the annoying Oakley. Oh what he'd do if he could get his hands on her. Images of punching came to his head and he smiled. But for now, he'd just have to follow her orders sadly. He entered the Lab and looked around. There were tons of books and computers and there were also podiums topped with PokeBalls. Seeing as he came in a little late, he just grabbed the nearest one. It kinda looked cool and it was fire too so that was a plus.

"As it walks, it munches on a twig in place of a snack. It intimidates opponents by puffing hot air out of its ears."

He released the Pokemon from his "jail" ball. It was fox-like and rather cute. But the only he hoped was that he was strong. He looked at it.

"Hey little man, sup?"

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Richie Copeland // Pallet Town

390.png
Kenny lv 5 Scratch, Leer

Richie grasped the ball and stared at the pecuiliar item for a moment. It was quite smooth, a red shell on the top, a white shell on the bottom, and a button in the middle. How do they fit the pokemon in these things? He shook off the quite silly thought as he prepared himself for the first meeting between him and his pokemon. Swallowing a bit of saliva, he had a strangely nervous feeling as he slowly pressed the button in the center of the ball. A strange red glow completely enveloped where the had been mere milliseconds ago, and a tiny red chimp appeared.

"Chim-Char!" The miniscule monster exclaimed, jumping up and down. Completely full of energy it leaped from the ground, to the pedastal, all the way to Richie's shoulder. "You excited little guy?" He grinned scratching the pokemon behind the ear. "Well I can't lie, I am too." He just stood there for a few moments, just letting the small creature climb around his body. Noticing something quite strange he raised an eyebrow seeing that where the chimp's tail should be was a small flame. What was even more remarkable was that other than giving off some warmth, the fire didn't seem to physically effect him in any other way.

Seemingly getting disinterested in playing jungle gym on Richie's body, the Chimchar rested on the top of the young man's head. "I should come up with a name for you." He said while picking up the pokemon and holding it out in front of him. He gave a hearty laugh as he noticed something about the monkey. "You look just like my little brother Kenny!" He almost dropped the monkey while snickering. The similaritys between the two was too much for him. "Alright buddy that's gonna be your name from now on!" Grinning as he did, he placed Kenny on his shoulders. "Got anything to say to that comrade?" The ape just played with Richie's hair, exclaiming. "Chim!"

The two were taken out of their little moment as a smooth voice whispered in Richie's ear. "I'm Layla, by the way." He whipped around to see who had been the source of those words, only to find the pretty girl that he had ditched earlier, walking away. He smiled a bit, contemplating on whether or not he should go after her. I can just go do that later anyways... Richie looked at his wrist expecting to find the time, but remembered that it was the Poketech on his wrist, not a watch. He scanned through the applications of the device until one caught his interest. Maps. Touching it, a small hologram materialized from thin air.

Giving another impressed whistle, Richie and Kenny looked at it in amazement. Once again the robotic voice sounded off in his head. "Point of interest, Route 1." The visual floated in the air, slowly spinning so that its viewer could see every angle of it. "So this is what was behind the invisible wall." He grinned again. "This kidnapping sure was a good thing." Petting the pokemon that sat on his neck, he started walking towards the door. "Here we go buddy! This is where our adventure begins!"

After almost only a couple strides the pair hit their first bump in the road... literally. As they walked out the door the enormous six-foot-seven, Richie ran into a much smaller japanese girl, standing probably around five-six. The quite pretty girl seemed to be carrying a pokemon of her own, a small green snake-like creature. She was dressed in what he only knew as "asian clothes" so it put a small smile on his face, seeing that for the first time. "Sorry, bout that miss." He smiled a bit trying to seem friendly. Before starting the conversation with his regular lines he stopped himself. Richie could hardly contain his excitement about this new adventure, so it was best for him to just get on his way before getting into an exchange with this girl. "Well... I'll be going then." Trying to get away fast before a conversation could start, he walked away.

Sighing as he did, he talked aloud to the pokemon resting on him. "There sure are a lot of cute girls here aren't there?" Kenny just went on playing with the young man's hair. "Maybe I should stop and talk to them at this 'Route 1' area." Shaking his head he sighed once more. "I don't know, I can give out so much advice, but how come I can't give myself some." Cutting off his train of thought, Richie stopped right ahead of where the invisible wall had stopped him. All distractions were now gone, the start of this game's conquest was about to begin. "Here we are Kenny..." Taking a step forward he gave a beaming smile. "Route 1 awaits!"

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

froakie_sprite_by_dancesofshadows-d5r21pb.png

Jiraya the Froakie
Male - Serious
Pound/Growl/Bubble/-

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

63b84415-6e95-4ef2-b3af-620d920b7ff4_zpsdab62982.jpg

Laura Poffman - From Musician To Trainer?

This was not what she expected at all. She expected diabolical devices. She expected there to be chains and monsters. The last thing that Laura expected to see upon entering the lab was such a... rather pleasant and inviting atmosphere. It was well lit, providing those who happened to enter with a much more bright and cheerful interior. Outside of her and those who happened to enter, the room was filled with a few men and women in lab coats. However, much like the townspeople from outside, they seemed to be rather clueless and non-responsive, constantly saying the same things over and over to whoever decided to talk to them. Personally, Laura was not among those. Rather, she made her way further into the lab and began to take a better look around.

Immediately, the girl took notice of the pictures that were hanging up in the center of the lab. She also noticed the podiums underneath the pictures which held a red and white ball. The sight of some of these creatures in the pictures and the balls seemed to remind Laura of something... but as to what that something was, the girl just could not put her finger on it. It was only when the boy who had received a greeting from her elbow had spoken the word Pokémon, did it all suddenly click into place for Laura.

"You've got to be kiddin' me..."

As the girl looked around the room, her eyes widened. A rush of memories and familiarity began to overtake her as she looked around. Sure enough, she recognized some of the creatures on display, such as the Charmander and the Totodile. This world... game... whatever it was, it was tailored to be that of the Pokémon variety! Laura could not help, but muster a small smile at the realization. The memories of days long past where she used to bury herself in her DS when she was not busy with her guitar, trying her best to somehow manage to actually catch them all... it was all right here in front of her!

"Guess that means... I need to pick one..." Laura whispered.

She slowly made her way around the room. Several of the creatures had already been chosen. Those who had entered into the strange world with her were already meeting their Pokémon and naming them! It was like some nerd's most desired fantasy. The question was, just what Pokémon was she going to take? Thankfully, it did not take her long to decide.

"I'll take this frog thing," Laura said, taking hold of the ball which contained the Pokémon known as Froakie.

Without a moment's hesitation, she let the Pokémon free from the capsule-like device which held it. The ball snapped open, the Froakie inside emerging from a beam of light. The little frog looked around slowly, as if taking in his surroundings before they suddenly fell upon Laura. He stared at the girl for quite some time. It was as if the Froakie was analyzing her carefully.

"Um... Yo, what's up?" Laura greeted. The Froakie only grunted in response, rolling his eyes a bit as he looked away from the girl. Laura scratched her head with her left hand and sighed. "Not the most friendly thing, are ya?"

"Froakie, the frog Pokémon. It secretes flexible bubbles from its chest and back. The bubbles reduce the damage it would otherwise take when attacked. Beneath its happy-go-lucky air, it keeps a watchful eye on its surroundings."

"A talking watch...?" Laura questioned, looking at the device on her left wrist. She had not even been aware that she had this thing strapped on her arm. "Whatever it is, it must've been able to analyze you... You don't seem like the happy-go-lucky type to me, though... Anyways... I guess you need a name."

Laura looked at the frog as she thought. She was trying to rack her brain to think of a name that would fit the Froakie. However, nicknaming had never actually been one of the girl's strong suits. She snapped her fingers as an idea suddenly flashed in her head.

"I got it. How about Jiraya?" Laura asked. Froakie gave the girl a strange look. It was clear that he was not quite sure just how he felt about it. Laura smirked and nodded. "Jiraya it is, then."

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Saya Kobayashi // Pallet Town // Route One

New Pokemon on hand, it was time to travel to her first destination - Route one. Of course, Pallet Town remained the same; it was as quiet as a town can get, and it appears that the NPCs had no interest interrupting that peace. The homes seemed quite cozy as well, Saya thought, viewing the structure of the nearby house from the laboratory. She then noticed something on the ground: it seemed to be some kind of newspaper. Cherishing the thought that NPCs like to read, she decided to pick it up to see for herself. Quite a number of interesting ads were on that paper, which of them included:

**ARE YOU SICK OF THOSE COLLECTIVE CALLS THAT THEY CHARGE FOR NO REASON?**
TRY THE NEW KANTO'S COMMUNITIVE MOBILE PHONE, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE FROM SILPH CO! ALL YOURS FOR AN EASY ¥199.99!

Warning: Be careful of bad language on this mobile phone, because a partner's feeling is going to be bad. Let's keep mobile manners.

Of course, aside form questioning the actual validity of this ad, Saya noticed that the front door of the house was open. She at least wanted to return the paper, just in case anyone missed it, so she slowly opened the door and walked right in. Inside, it was a fairly small house - it had a wide living room, the kitchen was on the right side, and there seemed to be more rooms upstairs.

"Uh, hello in here?" said Saya. "Sorry about the intrusion, but, your newspaper arrived, and I was wondering if you wanted it?" she then noticed a lady, on a ladder, tending on what it seemed to be a clock. She walked closer to her, hoping to grab her attention.

"Oh, this darn clock..." the lady grumbled. "I hung it up to have it work, but I didn't put in those darn batteries! I don't even know where they are..." Saya blinked.

"But, why have it, if you didn't have any batteries before hand?" asked Saya. "And besides, aen't those your batteries right there, on the table?" she indeed pointed to the table. There's no way she could of missed them. Could she?

"Oh, this darn clock..." the lady repeated. "I hung it up to have it work, but I didn't put in those darn batteries! I don't even know where they are..."

Ah, right, these NPC characters must only have a certain phrase that they keep repeating, Saya realized. But still... She then gave a warm smile. This woman does remind me of a certain friend that I know all too well... She then froze. It was time for a flashback.

Saya remembers on one day, she and two of her friends, Carla and Sumieh, were just coming from her acting practice. And once again, Saya stunk. Of course, that was normal.

"You do realize that was pathetic," Sumieh remarked. "They should rename you to TWO LEFT FEET, because that's all you seem to have! Or, maybe walnuts? Because that's what your brain is! A walnut! "

"I-I'm sorry," Saya apologized. "I'll do better next time! I just.. forgot all the moves. Five times in a row."

"Don't worry, we'll practice more in my house, like we've planned!" said Carla. "It's a lot of work, but, you'll get used to it, Saya! You did get the lead part you know, and the director always had an eye on your talent, so, you'll get it in no time at all!"

"Yes, I do hope you're right," said Saya, followed up with a sigh. Sumieh just did her trademark pout. But with her, what else was new.

Soon , they arrived in Carla's home, which wasn't really anything to spectacular, but, Saya always admired on how she and her family tended her garden. It was surrounded by roses, daises, tulips, and all over kinds of plant life. It was spectacular. Saya and Sumieh waited near the front door, as they waited until Carla unlocked the front door. But, before they knew it, a good five minutes have already pasted.

"Um, Carla? Why aren't we inside yet?" Sumieh asked after a long pause between the trio.

"Well, um, I've seem to have misplaced my house keys..."

"WHAT?!"

Saya laughed to herself quietly. It was just like Carla - really nice, but very much an airhead. Combined with Sumieh, and you've got quite the pair! In any case, Carla spent the last few minutes trying to search everywhere for her keys - her knapsack, her shoes, almost everywhere. After a while, it became apparent to Saya: just how much stuff was in her knapsack? Until...

"Found them at last!" Carla said triumphantly, holding her keys in the air. "Maaan, why didn't I look there before?

"Look where before?" Sumieh asked. "Where were your keys anyway?

"In... my pocket," replied Carla, with her cute chuckle. "They're so small that I forgot they were there? Haha..."

"You mean we've spent the last FIFTEEN MINUTES finding your hourse keys, when they were in your pocket?!?!" shouted Sumieh. Oh, she was mad now.

"Okay, okaaaay, let's just calm down and use our indoor voice-"

"NO, I WILL NOT USE MY INDOOR VOICE! WE ARE NOT INDOORS!!" roared Sumieh. "And by the way, I wouldn't be so angry if you kept a better organization of your self anyway! This was all your fault, Carla!"

Boy, I love these two, Saya thought to herself. Carla may be slightly ditzy, and Sumieh might win the contents of the 'angriest person of all time', but, they are still my two dear friends.

From that nice memory, Saya finally sought her sights on traveling to route one. Soon her arrival became apparent when she stumbled upon the 'Welcome to Route One!' sign, as well as another sign that read, Warning: This area is NOT a litter box for humans. But, that was self-explanatory anyway, so Saya freely went on into the small plain.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Layla Riese

-First Capture, the Feeling Pokémon
qkf0.png

252MS.png
280MS.png

The pair had been walking along Route 1 for a while, Layla curiously looking through her Treecko's information on her Pokétch. The Treecko stood alert on the young woman's shoulder, scouting ahead.
"Treecko, the Wood Gecko Pokémon. Treecko are able to climb smooth vertical walls and use their thick tail to attack opponents. Since Treecko build their nests in large trees it is said that those trees will live a very long life."
The Pokémon looked at Layla's device curiously as the woman pressed the "Dex Entry" button on the holographic screen. Noticing an amazed Layla, the wood gecko Pokémon proudly pointed at itself. The woman giggled and petted the green lizard playfully.

"Such a nice day, isn't it?" Layla asked, looking at the Pokémon on her shoulder. "You know... I never gave you a name." The woman went on as she picked up the Treecko and held it in front of her, looking it up and down. "Hmmm.... do you want one?" she eventually asked, unable to figure out what she could name it. The Treecko crossed its tiny arms and shook its head, refusing to be nicknamed. "Maybe you're right." Layla said. "Nicknames can be kind of silly, I guess." The Pokémon nodded and quickly hopped off Layla's arms as it heard a russle right in front of them, in the patch of tall grass they were crossing.

Layla stepped back and looked towards the rustling grass. A tiny creature peeked out of the grass shyly. Its entire body was white and it had green hair that looked a lot like a bowl cut. Just as the woman was wondering what the Pokémon was, her Pokéth beeped again then spoke in a metallic voice:
"Ralts, the Feeling Pokémon. Ralts is the pre-evolved form of Kirlia. It can use the horns on its head to read human emotions. Ralts rarely shows itself to humans, but may occasionally approach when it senses positive or happy feelings."
Layla was, once again, awe-struck. She found the tiny, white Pokémon adorable and immediately decided she wanted one, but she soon realized she had no Pokéballs so she shook her head and sighed.

"Come on, Treecko, we don't have any Pokéballs." The woman said, but the Treecko seemed ready to battle. "You want to battle it?" she asked curiously and the Pokémon nodded. "Alright then." Layla said then checked her Pokétch to figure out what moves her Pokémon knew. After a brief search, she called out shyly: "Treecko, use Pound!"

Before Layla knew it, the little green lizard dashed towards the Ralts and swung its tail, hitting the Ralts head-on. A strange bar popped up above thewild Pokémon's head, that went from green to orange, as it started emptying. The woman watched curiously as she called out for another Pound attack and saw the bar go from orange to red as it depleted. Unable to contain her curiosity, Layla called out yet another Pound attack, all the Ralts doing as a response being growling at the wood gecko pokémon. With one last Pound attack, the bar above Ralts' head depleted completely and the Pokémon faded away in a bundle of pixels. Now Layla knew what happened to wild Pokémon once they were out of hit points. As soon as the Ralts fainted, a thin bar popped up above Treecko's head and a pretty shade of blue started filling it up. The Pokémon had gained experience out of the battle.

Now that Layla knew what happens when battling wild Pokémon, she decided to take advantage of all the wild Pokémon encounters that were to come. The pair ran into what the Pokétch identified as a Fletchling, a Sentret, a Pidgey and an abundance of Rattata. By the time they reached Viridian City, Treecko's HP was in the red, but it had grown up a level and learned a move that was apparently called "Absorb" and was a Grass Type move. Happy with their achievement, Layla and Treecko entered a strange building with a red roof that the Pokétch identified as a Pokémon Centre, a place where trainers can heal their Pokémon up free of charge.

"We need to get Pokéballs." Layla said as they got out of the centre. Looking around the new town, Layla spotted a building that had a blue roof and a large sign in front of it said "PokéMart" . "Maybe that's the one?" she wondered as she pointed towards the strange building. "Let's give it a try!" she said happily as she lead their small group of two inside.

"You came from Pallet Town?" the metallic voice of one of those weird NPCs greeted the pair as they entered and an invisible force pushed her towards the counter. "We offer all new trainers a promotional pack of five Pokéballs to get them started on their journey." The same metallic voice said and another metallic voice announcing "Layla obtained five Pokéballs" resounded, as the girl could feel a pocket of her bag getting heavier. The pair was then able to leave the PokéMart.

"We can capture one of those cute Pokémon." Layla chimmed happily as she started rushing back towards Route 1, the Treecko following her closely. The woman started running about a patch of tall grass, as she had figured out that was the way to get wild Pokémon to appear, throughher previous experiences.

Soon enough, the grass started rustling and a Pokémon popped out. But it wasn't a Ralts. Layla was disappointed, but determined to keep trying so she kept running about, her Treecko watching amused from the side, ready tojump in and battle whenever a wild Pokémon showed up. Many Rattatas later, just when Layla was about to give up, a shy, tiny Pokémon with a silly bowl-cut peeked out of the tall grass.

" Finally!" Layla shouted excitedly as she called out a Pound attack. The Treecko flashed in front of her like a green thunder as it rushed towards the Ralts and hit it head on, causing the HP bar to immediately go in the red as a metallic voice announced a critical hit. The woman instinctively took out a Pokéball and threw it at the Ralts. The small Pokémon immediately turned into a red light as it got dragged into the Pokéball. The ball then started rocking back and forth and then, just as Layla thought she got it, popped open, the Pokéball disappearing into a bundle of pixels. The woman shrugged and took out another Pokéball then threw it at the tiny Pokémon. The same red light, the same rocking back and forth and the same failure. Layla reluctantly threw a third Pokéball and crossed her fingers. "Please work, please work, please work!" she pleaded as she eyed the Pokéball rocking back and forth on the ground. Just as the woman was about to give up, the Pokéball locked shut with a click and a metallic voice resounded: "Congratulations Ralts was caught!"

The Treecko rushed over and picked up the Pokéball and proudly handed it over to its trainer. Layla happily picked up the Pokéball and smiled as she fell on her knees and hugged her Treecko tight.

"Let's take this little one to the Pokémon Centre." she said and patted her shoulder, for the Treecko to hop on.

At the Centre, Layla started looking through her Pokétch menus again and found out that a Ralts icon was now added next to the Treecko one. Clicking on it and on the Info & Statistics option, the woman could see her new Pokémon's info:
Ralts
Level: 5
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Species: Feeling Pokémon
Height: 0.41m
Weight: 6.6kg
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Timid
Layla smiled happily, content of how much she had achieved, as the Pokétch signaled that all of the tasks were completed.

Key Items: Pokétch
Medical Items: None
Pokéballs: 2x

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
♦ Amelia London

Everyone else went inside the laboratory, as instructed. Amy went with them, hesitantly. Inside, the room was elegant, with little podiums along the walls. Each held a pokéball on top of it, and a photo to show what pokémon was contained in each one of them. As people started to choose their partners, Amy felt confused. As lovely as it would be to have her own pokémon, she was still highly suspicious of all this. Oakley had said that they needed to get to the next town, or they would be in trouble. She threatened them, and everyone went along with it.

But then again, what else could she really do? Refuse? She might as well take this chance to own a pokémon. Digital or not. This whole world seemed real enough to her, even though she knew that somewhere, her real body was likely passed out on the floor of a room without doors, wearing a headset in front of a screen.

She walked up to one of the podiums not yet occupied. Easily recognizing Charmander on the picture, from when she had been playing pokémon as a younger girl, she didn't need to walk any further. Charmander would be a wonderful starter. Fiery, like her. Hopefully strong. And nice... Possibly. Did they even have personalities here?

Amy grabbed the pokéball without further ado, and looked around. Other people had left the lab already, hurrying off to Route 1. She might as well do that too. Where did that guy go? He hadn't even been mad that she hugged him out of the blue, like a crazy kid. He had just gently ruffled her hair a bit and walked past her into the lab, after the other girls. Amy sighed. People inside this game were just like in school. Just as in the normal world. Why wouldn't they be, after all?

A beep from the Pokétch on her arm made her jump. It suddenly showed a little figure on it. A Charmander icon. Strange... Or not, really. It probably meant that Charmander was officially part of her team now. Interesting. The thrill finally came to her again, the same sense of adventure as the Pallet beach had given her. Maybe she shouldn't be suspicious. Maybe she should just accept things. For now, at least.

Almost last, Amy exited the lab and made her way north, to Route 1. Time to meet her very own pokémon. Whatever that would mean in this world.

siiadams

Years
Jerrod Parker - On the Road

Jerrod and Rosemary calmly walked through Route 1 and was surprised that they didn't encounter a wild pokemon yet. He was also slightly relieved because not only was he saved from having to battle, but he had no pokeballs to capture any others yet. The question remained, however: how was he going to get pokeballs without any money? As he was distracted, a shout from his Bulbasaur rattled his brain back into focusing on where they were going. He found himself in front of a building with a sign reading Pokemart. "No doubt this is a store," he said aloud, "Let's head in and see what it looks like." Without hesitation, they walked into the store.

What happened next...could only be described as a scripted event. As the door shut behind them, a voice beside them asked, "You came from Pallet Town?" He turned in time to see a clerk behind a counter smiling cheerfully and kinda waving. Suddenly Jerrod started moving without...well, moving! It was like someone took control of his body momentarily and used it to get to the counter. The man continued his spiel undaunted by the goings-on, "We offer all new trainers a promotional pack of 5 pokeballs to get them started on their journey." With that, he heard an announcement that he was given 5 pokeballs, which resulted in not just hearing a very familiar tune playing but the feeling that his bag was heavier slightly. With nothing else to say or see, Jerrod and Rosemary left the store.

"Well, now that we have some pokeballs," he said to his companion, "lets head back to Route 1 and catch the first pokemon we see." Rosemary nodded in agreement. They passed by a girl with a Treecko on her shoulder heading to the Pokemon Center. He simply smiled and said a small "Hi" as they walked back to Route 1. His thoughts went back to the lab, wondering if she was another participant in this game. Rosemary sounded out again as Jerrod resumed his train of thought, encountering a small area of tall grass. Jerrod simply walked along the edges of the grass before a small purple mouse sprung out in front of them, which he immediately recognized as a Rattata. The small pokemon stood at the ready, waiting for him to make the first move.

The simple act of encountering a wild pokemon for real like this got Jerrod's adrenaline flowing as he smiled and stared at the Rattata. "Rosemary, GO!" he cried as his pokemon stood in front, ready for a fight. "Growl," he called out, but before she could, the little mouse rushed forward so fast he couldn't be seen and hit her with an attack. Surprised by the Quick Attack but not deterred, Rosemary unleashed a Growl and caused the Rattata to get a little flustered. "Lets show him who's boss," he said to her warmly, "Tackle it." The two battlers rushed forwards and appeared to be using the same attack and collided, both recoiling from the blow. He smiled at the bars that appeared over their heads, but realized that both pokemon were in the yellow, with Rosemary seemingly to have less. "Keep the pressure on with another Tackle," he called out. Rosemary nodded and was able to unleash another attack on the little mouse, but it responded with a friendly tail wagging that caused his Bulbasaur to lower its guard. Before she could react, she was hit again with another Quick Attack and it seemed to do a little more damage, slowing her movements down a little. She continued with another Tackle and hit the mouse into the red zone, as well, but he responded with another Tail Whip. Jerrod shrugged and called for Rosemary to stop a moment as he pulled out one of his pokeballs. The realization of what he was about to do caused him to chuckle to himself. "Pokeball, go!", he cried as he threw the pokeball and hit the small pokemon on the head. It was quickly sucked up into the device, which fell to the ground and was rattling around for a few moments. After what seemed like forever, the shaking suddenly stopped and heard a small click. He had actually captured his first pokemon!

Jerrod jumped in the air and threw a fist upwards in celebration as he ran towards his pokeball and his new partner. He picked up the pokeball and stuck it to his belt. As Rosemary walked over to see what he was doing, Jerrod turned and lovingly patted her on the head, congratulating her on a job well done. He and his partner then walked back into town and headed to the Pokemon Center to heal his pokemon.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Jiraya the Froakie
Male - Serious
Pound/Growl/Bubble/-

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

Laura Poffman - Learning The Ropes

With Jiraya in tow, Laura made her way from the lab and began to make her exit from Pallet Town. Whatever sort of barrier had prevented her and the others that had been trapped in the town from going anywhere else had vanished, allowing the girl and Froakie to finally step out from the town and onto Route 1. It was only when the girl had stepped onto the dirt path that led through the route did it all finally sink into her.

"This... This is actually happening, isn't it...?"

Slowly, the girl brought herself to pinch her left arm. Laura let out a small curse under breath as she pinched herself a bit harder than she meant to. Still, when the scenery around her did not vanish, it was enough to prove to her that she was somewhat actually in the world of Pokémon.

"Well, we're supposed to get to the next town before the end of the day," Laura said, glancing down at Jiraya. The small frog Pokémon glanced up at his trainer as she spoke. Seeing that an actual Pokémon was looking up and listening to her was a bit hard for her to take in. Still, she managed to continue. "We better quit screwin' around and get our asses in gear."

The Froakie nodded quietly and the duo set off. Traveling across Route 1, though it was a fairly simple path in regards to the world Pokémon, was still proving to be a bit of a rush for the girl. Laura and Jiraya took their time as they traveled, occasionally doing battle with a wild Pidgey or Rattata along the way. Laura found that commanding an actual Pokémon through an actual battle was quite different than it was in the old games she used to play when she was a child. She had to constantly be on her toes at all times, making sure to give her Froakie the proper move at the proper time. Laura was far from perfect at it. However in a sense, Jiraya seemed to hold no grudge against her because of it. It was almost as if the frog knew that she was just as new to this world as he was.

What amazed Laura the most was the details that were put into the battling and data of each Pokémon. While the girl was far from being a technological genius, she could easily tell that it had to take vast amounts of programming and code for the feats that the designers of this world managed to pull off. Jiraya and every wild Pokémon they encountered seemed to have their own personalities and ways they handled battles. Bars would pop up every time one of the creatures took damage, and another one would pop up and fill with a blue color every time that Jiraya had managed to win a battle.

Laura was not sure of just how long it took the duo, but eventually she and Jiraya had managed to make it to the next town. Compared to the small hamlet that had been presented as Pallet Town, Viridian City was quite an amazing sight to behold. The small city was a bit more alive than Pallet, with more NPCs roaming about the place.

Jiraya had managed to pick up a level along the way, but the battles were starting to take their toll on the frog. It was quite clear that he was in need of some sort of medical attention to treat his wounds.

"I don't guess this place has a vet or something like that, huh?" Laura questioned.

As the girl looked about, she spotted an odd shaped building with an orange roof. Compared to the rest of buildings in the town, it stuck out like a bit of a sore thumb. The trainer and her Froakie approached the building, Laura jumping in surprise when the familiar voice from her Pokétch began to speak again.

"This building is known as a Pokémon Center. It is a common feature in most of the towns and cities scattered across the region. Pokémon trainers are allowed to use the many features inside for free, including its medicinal services which can heal their Pokémon."

"Well, I guess that answers that," Laura mused.

Much like outside and in Pallet Town, the building housed several NPCs. Laura tried talking to its various inhabitants, but like usual they all said the same thing over and over. Laura quickly learned the nurse was no exception to this. Still, she was able to get Jiraya's wounds all fixed up. Glancing about the room, Laura spotted someone who stood out quite a bit from the other NPCs. Laura vaguely remembered her from the lab back in Pallet Town.

It appeared the girl was reading over the information about something. However, what caught her eyes the most was the fact that aside from the Treecko that was sitting on her shoulder, the girl seemed to have another Pokéball on her as well. Laura raised an eyebrow at the sight quietly.

"Did she... catch another Pokémon? Wait, where did she even get Pokéballs from in the first place?"

Laura reached over into the travel bag, fishing about inside to see if maybe she had some spare balls sitting inside. However, the bag itself was completely empty. She frowned at the sight, glancing back up at the girl who was busy studying her Pokétech.

"Hey... Um... Kid," Laura called out, making her way towards Layla, although Laura had no idea what her actual name was. "Can you answer me a question?"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Layla Riese

-Rude Awakening-Let's battle!
qkf0.png

252MS.png
280MS.png

"Hey… Um… Kid," Layla was suddenly snapped out of her daydreaming state. Looking away from her Pokétch, the young woman could see a slender girl, slightly shorter than her with short, chocolate-brown hair heading her way. "Can you answer me a question?" the same girl asked.

"The name's Layla." The young woman muttered, annoyed at the other girl's rudeness. Dismissing the holographic screen on her Pokétch, Layla looked the other girl up and down. She was quite pretty, nothing to say about that, but her attitude was utterly annoying. "So… what's your question?" Layla asked, despite not wanting anything to do with the person standing in front of her.

Just then, the woman's Treecko hopped off her shoulder and eyed a strange frog-like Pokémon that seemed to be accompanying the other woman. Layla's Pokétch immediately beeped as the metallic voice promptly explained:
"Froakie, the Bubble Frog Pokémon. From its chest and back, Froakie creates bubbles called Frubbles, which act as a cushion and soften the blow of an opponent's attack."
A smile crept upon Layla's face as she glanced over at the other girl. She knew just the way to get an apology out of her. Not a formal one, but an apology nontheless. The woman's Treecko looked up at her and nodded. It was as ready as its trainer. The pair was in complete sync for the first time since they left the Lab.

"Listen up," Layla said, looking down at the other girl. "I didn't like the way you approached me so, as a way of apologizing, how about we have a little battle?" she asked, a defiant smirk on her face. "I won't be answering any questions otherwise." she went on in the same manner. "So, do we have a deal?" she asked, her blue-grey eyes piercing right through the other girl's. "Or perhaps....you're too scared to battle?" she went on, a hint of mockery in her voice.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Jiraya the Froakie
Male - Serious
Level 6
Pound/Growl/Bubble/-

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

Laura Poffman - Challenge Accepted!

"Or perhaps... you're too scared to battle?"

Laura could not help, but glare at the girl who had introduced herself as Layla. She really did not know why her response was so surprising. From the moment she had approached Layla, the girl looking up after Laura had gotten her attention, she could tell that she was just another one of those stuck, preppy-sporty types, the kind which managed to constantly grind her every gear and then some.

"The hell...?" Laura questioned, her left hand tightening into a fist. "I was just gonna ask ya a question, but if ya really want me to kick your ass before then instead of just givin' me an answer, then I'd be more than happy to oblige shinin' the floor here with your face."

Jiraya glanced up at his trainer for a moment, before then turning to look at both Layla and her Treecko. The frog Pokémon seemed to sigh, slowly scratching the back of his head with a frown. It was almost as if the Froakie was somewhat reluctant to follow his trainer into whatever trouble she was already getting them into.

siiadams

Years
Jerrod Parker

With the Pokemon Center in view, Jerrod ran towards the building as elation filled every inch of his being. Not only was he in the world of Pokemon and starting his very own journey, but he actually battled and captured his first pokemon, a small Rattata. It was a feeling unlike anything he ever felt before and it was hard to describe in words. Rosemary, however, felt like she understood his thoughts as she ran alongside him. They soon reached the sliding doors to the orange roofed building and headed inside.

As he headed for the counter, his attention was drawn to two people. One was a girl he just passed a little while ago when he left the center the first time, the girl with a Treecko. The other he remembered seeing inside the lab earlier, but didn't say much to her. She had a small bluish frog with her. Quickly checking his Poketch, he saw that it was called Froakie. "Must be a newer specie," he thought, not recalling seeing one before. There seemed to be a dispute between the two about something, but about what he couldn't figure out. It was probably best to stay out of it and let them sort it out.

He stepped up to the counter and promptly returned Rosemary to her pokeball. He happily set both of his full pokeballs on the counter for the nurse, which took them and healed them both in a matter of seconds. He nodded as the nurse thanked him and sat down to rest as he watched the girls across the room appear to get ready for a pokemon battle. It was then he remembered that he didn't give a nickname to his newest acquisition. He grabbed the pokeball and called out his new Rattata, which shook its head and looked up at him. He found on his Poketch that this pokemon had an ability called Run Away and that it was a male. He made a motion to the small mouse to jump up on his lap, which it did so immediately. "Small mouse, very tough, very smart..." he said to himself as he looked at the pokemon, "How bout Jerry, as in Tom & Jerry?" The mouse simply nodded in response.

Jerrod allowed Jerry to climb back down to the ground as he stood up and proceeded out the door. He decided to head back to Route 1 for more training. Jerry and Rosemary both needed to get stronger for the next leg of their journey and he needed to learn more about calling out commands in battle. After all, this was no game anymore!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years

Richie Copeland // Pallet Town

390.png
Kenny lv 5 Scratch, Leer, Ember

Standing on alert in the tall grass, both trainer and pokemon waited for even the slightest movement. A feeble rustle of the plants brushing against something was enough for them to whip their heads in the direction of the sound. In a whisper Richie instructed his pokemon. "On three." The chimp nodded. Slowly moving his hand upwards he counted down on his fingers. Three. Two. One. He pointed. "Chim-Char!!!" The fire monkey exclaimed as it burst from the pasture, leaping towards its prey. "Sent-!" An alarmed voice arose from where Kenny had dissapeared in the grass. "That's right buddy! Scratch the living hell out of that thing!"

Richie ran towards where the fighting had been before coming across his pokemon sitting with a bored expression on his face. "Atta-boy! Way to go get this little... Sentret?" Touching the Pokedex icon on his Poketech for almost the thousandth time. "Sentret, the scout pokemon." The robotic voice said, confirming the trainer's thoughts. "Mhmm, I was right! I'm never wrong when it comes to my game." Kenny scratched his head. "Well... when it comes to real game." Richie grinned and hoisted the ape on to his shoulders. "I think you'd make quite the fine duck hound. I sure wish I had you along when we went hunting."

Checking his Poketech, he looked through Kenny's stats. "Okay, were probably only about one more pokemon away from getting you to level seven. You're at about half health so you should be fine." As the Chimchar started to get down from the top of its trainer's body, he motioned for the pokemon to stop. "Stay up here until we find another one. You deserved the break.", "Chim!" A content smile appeared on the chimp's face as he scouted from a top Richie's head.

They sat down in the tall grass quietly waiting, and when he was feeling impatient Richie would sound off a dove call. Then after what seemed like an eternity, the two were disrupted by a pleasant surprise. "Pidgey!" The noise repeated over and over from the beaks of what seemed like a thousand pidgeys. There was only one large area of grass that was rustling over and over, but the young man was almost certain there were more in there. "Alright bud, we already beat some of those Pidgey things before. I know there's more than one, but they seem pretty weak and were pretty strong." He gave a reassuring grin before patting Kenny on the head. "You got this."

"Chimchar!" The little ape gave him the thumbs up and hopped towards the bustling area of brush. Before Richie could even get there two fainted Pidgey bodies were tossed in the air. When he arrived he found nothing, but Kenny beaming from ear to ear. He did seem pretty scratched up and much more tired than he was before, but the expression on his face was ecstatic. "Atta-boy!" Richie exclaimed as he scooped up his pokemon into a hug. "You're gonna be the strongest little son of a gun around!" The two laughed for a bit before an alert on his poketech interrupted them.

"Wonder how many levels you gained?" Placing the chimchar on to his shoulder he pressed the 'Pokemon' icon on his poketech. "Level eight already?!" Richie exclaimed in excitement. "Seems like you learned a new fire type move too! God damn buddy! There must have been at least five of them things." Kenny raised his head in satisfaction. "Your health is pretty low though... Let's go get you healed up!" They nodded in unison and the trainer's minuscule companion climbed up to the top of him as they walked towards the town on the other exit of Route 1.

While not a very big town, Richie noticed that Viridian City was much larger than Pallet Town. Before he went off to explore the place he walked into the first building he saw, looking to heal up his pokemon. "This building is known as a Pokémon Center. It is a common feature in most of the towns and cities scattered across the region. Pokémon trainers are allowed to use the many features inside for free, including its medicinal services which can heal their Pokémon." The same robotic voice that talked whenever something needed to explain once again sounded off in his head. "Great! This is exactly what we need." Kenny patted his trainer's head in agreement.

Not really observing his surroundings, the young man rushed to the counter where who he assumed to be the nurse stood. "Welcome to the Pokémon Center, where we will heal your Pokémon back to full health. Would you like me to take your Pokémon?" The nurse said, speaking in the same metallic voice that all NPCs had. Richie nodded slowly and hesitantly handed over a squirming chimchar. As he leaned up on the counter he noticed two people he recognized. It was Layla and the girl that had elbowed him, and they seemed to be in quite a heated argument. "Go get her Layla! Kick her ass!" Richie yelled towards them as he stiffed his laughter. This might get pretty interesting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024

Layla Riese

-Rude Awakening-Let's battle!
qkf0.png

252MS.png
280MS.png

"I was just gonna ask ya a question, but if ya really want me to kick your ass before then instead of just givin' me an answer, then I'd be more than happy to oblige shinin' the floor here with your face." The other girl said, most likely trying to intimidate Layla. The woman just looked the girl up and down again and rolled her eyes.

"That's not how you're supposed to handle things here." she said. "We're supposed to settle this with a Pokémon battle. We're not hooligans...or well... I'm not one." she went on, the same hint of mockery in her voice. "So, shall we battle, or do you want us to sit here all day and throw threats at one another? I'm starting to get pretty bored here and there's plenty of other, more important things, to do, like watching paint dry on the wall. It would be A LOT LESS boring than dealing with the likes of you." Layla went on with the mockery as she yawned and, once again rolled her eyes, unimpressed by the girl raging in front of her.

As they were in the heat of their argument, a familiar voice pierced the room and Layla could hear a "Go get her Layla! Kick her ass!" coming from nearby the counter. Her eyes quickly drifted away from the fuming girl and spotted the weird guy that was always in a hurry, leaning against the counter, looking at the two. She playfully winked at him and nodded, then her attention turned back to her own affairs.

"So, are you ready to battle or not?" the woman asked, her Treecko already assuming a battle stance, looking more pumped up than ever.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Saya Kobayashi // Route One

"Typical! This crazy woman forgets to include pokeballs!" shouted the disgruntled Saya, after her failure on attempting to catch a wild Ralts, since she only then realized that she didn't have anything to capture it with. And I wanted that Ralts too! If it can connect myself to the spirit world with it's telekinesis, then maybe this trip would of been all the worth while. Urgh.

Route 1 wasn't exactly the most busy scene in the world, in fact, it seemed to be nothing less than peaceful as it was surrounded by pure green vegetation, and the pains were stretched out as far as the eye can see. Of course, being here wasn't exactly fruitful to her now, at least, that was until she saw another stranger. Another NPC, perhaps? He had a blue apron, however, so he probably couldn't find a kitchen?

"Hi! I run the local PokeMart in Viridian City," he said when Saya approached him. "Come visit us! We have loads of stock in store!"

A Pokemart? Saya thought. "If I recall correctly, that's the place where pokemon merchandise like Pokeballs are sold, right? But, little good that will do me - I don't have any money at all, all because of that lowly, no good pink-haired little-"

She saw a note in her pocket. That.. wasn't there before? She got it out, unfolded it, and read it. Hiiiiiii there! Totally forgot to give ya some money. It'll be in your bag. Whoopsie! Love, Oakley. ♥

Saya then crumpled the note in her hands. Well, I guess I now stand corrected.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Jiraya the Froakie
Male - Serious
Level 6
Pound/Growl/Bubble/-

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

pokeball.png

(none)

Laura Poffman - Challenge Accepted!

Laura sent a rather nasty glare in Richie's direction, followed by a rather obscene gesture delivered in the form of a one-fingered salute. Returning her attention back to Layla, the girl just huffed and rolled her yes.

"Are you deaf too? I already said I'm more than willing and ready to kick your ass," Laura said. She crossed her arms over her chest as she spoke. "We can get it on in here or outside. I'll let you pick the place where you and that stupid looking gecko wannabe get your asses ripped off and handed back to ya."

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
[CSS-DIV="background-color: #cae2e1; padding: 20px;border: solid; border-color: #000000; border-width: 1px; width: 800px; color: #000000;"]FIRST SEQUENCE: Complete

→ OOC Thread

[CSS-DIV="background-color: #f3f3f3; background-opacity: 0.5; padding: 10px; border: dashed; border-color: #488889; border-width: 1px; text-align: left; color: #000000;"]
THIS EVENT IS IN EFFECT (almost) IMMEDIATELY. YOU MAY FINISH YOUR CURRENT ACTIVITY BEFORE ROLEPLAYING THIS.

Viridian City is a small residential area, just a stones throw away from Pallet Town. You have arrived in the splendid city, but found the path out North blocked by a confused, possibly drunk NPC.

The virtual sun has been getting noticeably low in the sky, the light fading across this pokémon world. "Bing-bong, bing-bong!" Cries the Pokétch at your wrist. A flashing exclamation mark demands your attention, waiting to be clicked on.

"Looks like your time is up for the day!" The chirpy voice of Oakley erupts out the device. "Sorry if this feels uncomfortable, time to log out."

FORCE LOG OFF | CONFIRM

You awake back in your cell. The current time is 10:00pm, according to the screen. Immediately, you notice some differences around your room. For one, what was previously a wall is now a door - still intimidating a metal, but it looks like it may well lead out of here.

Secondly, you spot a new item in the room. It used to be precious to you, important in some way, and for completing your tasks it has been returned to you. Rosalie, for failing to complete her mission, received no such reward.

If your test the door, you will find that it is, in fact, open. On the other-side is a communal room - Sofas encircle a small table of snacks. Everyone is welcome in this room, bear in mind that sleep-time is fast approaching, you've all had a long day of gaming.
[/CSS-DIV][/div]​

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years

Nathan "Nate" Harris | Next Town?

After spending some time with his newly acquired partner, Nathan decided to leave the laboratory and venture into the next route. Oakley had given them the order to go to the next town and, as much as he hated obeying to her, he had no other choice. The place was nice and the air blowing on his face was refreshing. He sighed, the need to be free was huge. He hated being closed down, that was something he experienced a lot as a child seeing as his father would never let him leave home outside of school. He shook his head to chase these thoughts away, now wasn't the time to reminisce the past, he had way more important things needing his attention such as going to Viridian City right now. He ran up to the tall grass leading to Route 1, according to his Poketch. He continued to run but he heard his watch make some weird noise. He looked at an exclamation mark, it seemed he had to click it to know what was going on. He sighed, not like he had the choice anyway. He immediately regretted his act. Oakley's annoying voice came blazing in his ears.

"Looks like your time is up for the day!" The chirpy voice of Oakley erupts out the device. "Sorry if this feels uncomfortable, time to log out."

He felt his whole body becoming weird and almost floating around. This definitely felt uncomfortable as Oakley warned. Blinking his eyes, he started to adjust to his surroundings. It seemed like he was back in his jail room, although there was a door. He was sure this wasn't here on his first "courtesy visit". Looking around to see what else had changed, he remarked a grey watch. He went closer to examine it and what he saw made him gasp in surprise. That was the watch he received from his first ever friend, the first person to ever care about him. There was no doubt in that, the exact model, the same scratch on the back. He raged inside, they better not hurt those close to him or he'd make sure they pay. He immediately wore his watch and walked toward the door in apprehension. He pushed it, seeing as the door was open, firmly prepared to face what was behind it.

Back