• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Academy: Avegaille's School Session (revived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Old thread is here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1372902#post1372902

Pokémon Academy: Avegaille's School Session (revived)

(revived)

NOTE: If it's your first time reading this, please tell me what you think of the sprite comic afterwards... Thank You! ^_^;

Welcome to Pokémon Academy: Avegaille's School Session, by just looking at the title, you will see what this comic is all about... Though I thought of reviving this once again, but it seems it's a bit week delayed from where I post this at the most active forum I go to *coughSPPFcough*

Rated: PG for some minor bad language...

Problems on the old thread (whatever):
    -> Sudden switch to Windows XP so it took me time before I got used to the environment
    -> Arial Narrow wasn't available on Windows XP back then, so I didn't know what to do
    -> I got a bit lazy...and cancelled the comic...
    -> Eventually I switched back my computer to Windows ME
    -> Took me some time before I decided to renew this thread again (after reviewing some horrible comic sprites ._.)
    -> The Old Thread died, so I had to delete it...

Some Improvements (starting from Page 8):
    -> Able to create a walking Roxanne sprite
    -> Ripped off some Zigzagoon Sprites from Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon (which imo, looks better)
    -> Fixed that brown color of Avegaille's hair

More Improvements (starting from Comic Special 3):
    -> Gave a Bandana to Jane's sprite
    -> Edited more of Avegaille's Sprite features

A Lot of Inprovements (Starting from Chapter 1)
    -> Redoing the Comic's Layout, starting from Chapter 1
    -> Still on going, so the other Chapters are still on the old format, plus the Comic Specials...
    -> Only the Specials are left with the old format... Chapter 2 and the Intro Comic have been revised...
    -> Specials are in the New Layout, now for some updates...

Anyways, before we start, let's first give credit to the people and sites into making this Comic Sprite possible.

The Spriter's Resource
    LH from Spriters' Resource for the May and Brendan Sprites
    ImageShack - for image hosting
    Neopolis, my pair up here in SPPf and also letting me have permission to use some of his comic sprite effects... and also for the Scott sprites! Thank you so much!
    Rinrei - for the basic Jane Ferrier sprites
    Sequoia - for adding detail to the Jane Ferrier sprites and hosting some of my comics when ImageShack is being stupid for me...
    Myself, for putting effort into recoloring some sprites, ripping off the Zigzagoon Sprites and other Pokemon Sprites used in this comic from Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon and also the editing of the overworld locations...

Hmm... okay, let's get started with the comic viewing! This post will be added more with comic pages as I update it! XP

How These Type Of Comics Are Read

Chapter 1: A Hindrance In Every Way!
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6

Chapter 2: Two Strange Trainers
    Page 7
    Page 8
    Page 9
    Page 10
    Page 11
    Page 12

Chapter 3: Linole in Action
    Page 13
    Page 14
    Page 15
    Page 16
    Page 17
    Page 18

Chapter 4: Sessions With Roxanne!
    Page 19
    Page 20
    Page 21
    Page 22
    Page 23
    Page 24

Chapter 5: At The Principal's Office...
    Page 25
    Page 26
    Page 27
    Page 28

Chapter 6: The Nightmare Begins! ~ Latest Update...
    Page 29
    Page 30
    Page 31
    Page 32
    Page 33

Comic Special
    Birthday Mix-up
    Summer Vacation
    A New Bandana
    100th Post and Mother's Day?!

Next Update: Random
    There's no exact day of when I will update, so if you see a post made by me, it only means an update...

The Cast: (more to be added soon!)

Avegaille Amethyst
    Jane Amethyst
    Mrs. Amethyst
    Roxanne
    Scott
    May
    Brendan
    Prof. Samuels
    Andrea
    Linole
    The Comic Artist
    Nicole May

Other Stuff:

Jane Trainer Card by Neopolis3
    Jane Trainer Card by Sequoia
    Jane Breeder Card by Sequoia
    Avegaille's Student Card by Avegaille (me)
    Jane Trainer Card by Avegaille (me)
    Battle Scene by Avegaille (me)
    Avegaille and Jane Drawing by Avegaille (me)
    Avegaille and Jane comic by Avegaille (me)*

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions):

Q. How old is Avegaille?
    A. She's only 10... what's wrong with that? o_O;;;

Q. Is Avegaille named after you?
    A. Mostly, in all the things I make (fanfics, comic drawings, etc.), I guess so...

Q. Is Jane a Pokemon Breeder? Her sprite looks like one...
    A: Yes, she is. She goes off to the wild once in a week, every Sunday to be exact, to catch new Pokemon...

Q. Why does Roxanne know Avegaille so much? It's her first day in school...
    A. Well, let's just say Avegaille isn't a new student. It's her second year in Pokemon Academy to be exact.

Q. Where did Avegaille's banstick came from?
    A. Eeer.. It was from her mother. Mrs. Amethyst used to teach in Pokemon Academy and uses the banstick for students who don't behave... O_o;;;

Q. What the heck is a banstick anyways?
    A. It's just a plain 4 feet black pole that is strong enough to hurt anyone... and it also is foldable to fit in your pocket!

Q. Of all the Pokemon Jane had, why did she gave out a Zigzagoon?
    A. I have my own reasons... o_O;;; I feel like that Jane should have given the Zigzagoon...

Q. Where did Linole learn TM Moves?
    A. Maybe he's picking up TMs and using them? XP

Q. How much do you update your comic?
    A. As long as I have Internet and also if I feel like it... and not to mention if I have loads of free time

Q. Is Rustboro really that deserted?
    A. Eeerr... I just didn't have time to put the people in the city, but having it deserted makes the city a bit creepy, don't ya think?

Q. Well, then... how old is Jane?
    A. Jane is older than Avegaille by 4 years...

Q. One more thing... Is Jane named after your friend Jane?
    A. No... O_o;; Jane is the default name for Avegaille's sister in anything I make, including Fan Fictions and Mangas (comic drawings). And I started making Fanfics (2002 - present) before I even met Jane (Jan 2005). So it's impossible for me to change the name.

Q. Can I use the sprites you used for your comic?
    A. Send me a PM and tell me why you want to use my sprites... then I'll see if you can use them...

Q. Did you recolored some of the buildings there? They look familiar...
    A. Yeah, I did... It was the only way to make Pokemon Academy seem more real and a little authentic! XP

Q. What is up with the dots after the exclaimation mark?
    A. The dots are well, for an indication of a short silence before a new statement comes out of the character.

Q. What was the original release of Pokémon Academy?
    A. July 20, 2005... See old thread above...

Q. Why does Jane keep calling Avegaille a Barboach?
    A. Barboach is the most closet thing to the shrimp species (at least, it looks like it) and since Avegaille's smaller than Jane, Jane teases her by calling her a Barboach...

If you have questions about the Comic Sprite and isn't put up here, please post it and I'll be glad to answer it as much as I can...

Last edited:

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    This Comics Good, Ashame Know One Has Posted Yet.

Its Cool But I Think Its A Little To Big And Should Be Normal Size And I Also Think That You Should Introduce A Little More Action Into It.

Hope You Make More Of These!

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Yeah, I kinda noticed that... but anyways, thanks forreplying... =D

Might make an update later on...

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Matt Silver said:
    This is a good comic, Avegaille, the sprites and the humor are good, as are the speech bubbles. The basic structure of the story is unique and very well planned IMO.
    Keep it up, you're doing great.

Thanks... and well, I write a script on a Word Processor to make thing a little bit easier...

Avegaille's Student Card.... made one and it's on my sig... tell me what you guys think...

I may not be updating for quite sometime... maybe by Tuesday or something...

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Kakashi Hatake said:
    As a new character ^_~, would be really cool but they stopped that from being allowed.

I see...

But anyways, I recreated Chapter 1.... new Comic Layout, and Page 4 gets some more improvements... =P

Chapter 1: A Hindrance In Every Way!
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6

Won't be updating for quite sometime, since Chapter 2 is the next one that I should recreate...

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
    Matt Silver said:
    The new layout rocks and all but you dont need the numbers in the corner now, most comics are left to right then go down a row anyways.

Hey, thanks... and the Numbering only starts on Chapter 1, to guide some newbies who reads the comic for the first time...

Did I remember to edit the first page? *checks*

EDIT: Finished with Chapter 2 and the Comic Intro... only the Specials are left with the old Comic Format...

And another edit... a fan art of Avegaille and Jane by me... =P

Avegaille and Jane Drawing

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back