• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
Years
  • At least kahlil has a bit better grammar than most, jesus.

Well, I've never really said nything about this project, so I'd like to now.

This looks great! The Pokemon look perfect and the feel of the game is there in the screenshots. You got something here, Fanking Omega, not that you need me to say that.

I wish my game can be half as good. Cheers, my friend! You're game is gonna be a masterpiece, I can feel it. If you need anything, I'm pretty decent at mapping, just let me know or just some moral support. I'm your man! ^_-

~ Drenz

Col~

Effeler
    Years
  • At least kahlil has a bit better grammar than most, jesus.

Well, I've never really said nything about this project, so I'd like to now.

This looks great! The Pokemon look perfect and the feel of the game is there in the screenshots. You got something here, Fanking Omega, not that you need me to say that.

I wish my game can be half as good. Cheers, my friend! You're game is gonna be a masterpiece, I can feel it. If you need anything, I'm pretty decent at mapping, just let me know or just some moral support. I'm your man! ^_-

~ Drenz

Not to be negative, but there's a few people that have said that they could help. But the only way to be truly sure is to go to the Pokemon Acanthite forums. They have a team, and a whole forums, dedicated to mostly the game. My advice is to just support them nicely without announcing it to everyone else. So technically, the are a few people who are "the man" or "the girl" for them. And by the way, I also advise asking if they need help through PM to Fangking. Hope this has made you time here nicer, as I notice you are newer here. See you around, Col. PS: There's no need to say Jesus, as you did. People forget their grammar once in a while. Just remember.

Last edited:

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
    Years
  • Man, are you sure you aren´t god?^^

I looooooooooove your Fakemons.
    I wanted to list my favorites, but there are so many of them, so I only say: Skuntank for president^^
    It´s so damn sweet, I will catch at least 2, one to evolve, and one to keep.

And it´s cool that RegisteelDS´s pics are in the game too, because I´m a big fan of his drawings since I first saw them.

When will it be out? (NO, just kidding XD)

Keep on working
    Bombah!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I really can't wait for this.
    It's too awesome!
    Is there by any chance a demo out anytime soon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2018
    Great job on this so far, I absolutely love the work done on this.

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
    Years
  • Col...uhm...was that message truly necessary? You just literally bashed me on telling Fanking I'll be willing to help? ...that's not very 'helpful' as you said it was. And I said jesus, as in at least he got his grammar right, so give him a break. I wasn't bashing anyone or arguing for that matter. Oh well, I suppose it isn't much important to go into, anyways.

Well! Fanking! Like I said before: awesome stuff, man. I can't wait to see it it in action! Should be quite the treat! Keep it up! I hope you can give me some advice or feedback when I finally get my game up on the forums. ^_^ Later!

~ Drenz

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    ^ I have to agree with you, col had no right to say anything. Since nothing wrong was ever said.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    This game looks amazing. KangasKid is very talented, I like Solaccoon the most out of all of the Pokemon. Keep up the great work! XD

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i really don't get it ...
    fangking posted what, 2 weeks ago? with major stuff. and people think its dead ...

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Let's breathe some life into this dinosaur of a fangame. We're alive and kicking and I've finally got something worth posting about.

First up, we've got a brand new Kamon overworld sprite courtesy of Pyro and myself. This sprite comes equipped with a bag at last, and it matches up to the one seen in the bag menu system. Here is the shiny new Kamon in action:

newsprite.png

healing.png

NewGym.png

It's worth noting that lights are now a bit smarter - the lights of important buildings will usually stay on after midnight now, whereas civillian houses and such go dark. Another cosmetic feature, but I like it.

Before midnight
    BeforeMidnight.png

After midnight
    AfterMidnight.png

Now a little more on this battle system.

practisebattle.png

Trainer battles are 100% differentiated from Wild Pokémon battles, a BIG improvement on our old system.

A wild battle for example
    wildbattle.png

Starts differently to a trainer battle
    Battlingsister.png

And trainer battles even have the trainer speaking at the end, as in the real games
    victorymessage.png

Other news; we've done a tidy up of errors in the script. New items such as the Pokédex can now be added to the main menu. The Trainer card displays and disposes correctly, and we are in the process of adjusting the Pokédex function so that it displays the regional Merto Dex as opposed to a complete National Dex. The PC system may or may not be completed to a satisfactory standard prior to the release of a demo depending on how long that takes to materialise in a good, playable form. The entire beginning section of the game has been redone in terms of events so that it plays much better and the story isn't quite as rushed as in the old and horrible demo 1.

Also, our publicity campaign is continuing; a TCG set is in the works and so is a new website, and our current website has been updated with official art of ALL our new Pokémon. I'm available for questions so ask anything (sensible) at any time and I will be able to get back to you, and hopefully with an answer :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back