• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZBDP

1st-2nd Generation Pokemon Fan
Years
  • Awesome man!! I love that you made your own Pokemon designs!!!! No.650 is my fav!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I don't think Fangking wants any extra Pokémon spriters. I remember him saying that he only has one spriter so all the sprites are in the same style.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm sure that it would go much faster if there were more spriters.

Although the reasoning for "the same style" is kind of awkward, I'm pretty sure that there are spriters out there (as I'm one of them) that are style mimics, so they copy other peoples' styles.

Anyway, I wish good luck for this project, and good production.
    Keep up the great work.

Last edited:

UltramasterBDX

German Romhacker
    Years
  • Hey,

very nice game.
    I am very impressed...
    Everything looks quite perfect, the screenshoots, the battlesystem.. everything ^.^

Please keep up the work, its going to be a amazing fangame ;3

Good luck ~ UltramasterBDX

Note, I support the game in my signature now.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I am also pretty sure that you could find a large number of people capable of mimicking the style of your current spriter, though I do understand your reasoning for only having one.

Mclad

Mclad
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    Demo

This might be a little late but when i tried to download the old demo it said that it would take 8 hours.

edit: i tried to downlad rpmx then it said it would take 8 hours.
    also, when i tried the link for actually downloading the game it said that the demo wasnt there.

anyway this game rocks!
    keep it up

Last edited:

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    tried the demo or tried to download it?
    either way, there isn't one out yet, so i have no idea what you're talking about.

EDIT:

ok, appariently there was a demo. however, to quote what was said earlier in the thread:

I'm going to tell you something, and listen closely. The Original Acanthite demo is just a shadow compared to the Demo that is in progress. I doubt the next demo is even going to look like the first. The starters have changed and there are alot of glitches, I wouldn't suggest wasting your time.

a demo might be coming out shortly if fangking can find the spriters to finish up some spriting that needs to get done.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    a demo might be coming out shortly if fangking can find the spriters to finish up some spriting that needs to get done.
    I hope you realize I'm on staff at the forums, and that I would be one of the first group to know about a beta :p

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    yeah, i know. i said that for two reasons
    1 - over the past few pages all thats been talked about is the delay in beta
    2 - i did a quick search in the thread and saw that you said that. because its the internet, its most likely that a copy of the first beta is around SOMEWHERE so that might be what he's talking about.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • Look, Acanthite's just the best god damn thing ever to grace the internet. No competition between it and the other fangames. Its quality is so much more superior!

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • Look, Acanthite's just the best god damn thing ever to grace the internet. No competition between it and the other fangames. Its quality is so much more superior!

1. Define "best."
    2. HOW many fangames have you compared it to? Oh yeah, you can't because there is no released demo of it.
    3. Again, HOW many other games have you compared quality to? You can't really do that either because this game has no demo out.

The nicest thing I can say about your comment is that it's hypocritical.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    1. Define "best."
    2. HOW many fangames have you compared it to? Oh yeah, you can't because there is no released demo of it.
    3. Again, HOW many other games have you compared quality to? You can't really do that either because this game has no demo out.

The nicest thing I can say about your comment is that it's hypocritical.

asides from the fact that your 2/3 comments are just about the same ... i would assume that he's talking about the screenshots. and you can judge a game without there being a demo - take spore for example. its the most hyped up game of teh year, even before the creature creator came out [and that can't be considered a demo]

and please, moose, dont start another war on this thread.

Years
  • Wow.
    Take a compliment and leave it at that.
    That had to be the most ridiculous reply I've ever read to a compliment like that
    (inmoosewetrust)

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
  • 1. Define "best."

Lol moose gonna try and start a beef are ye. Lololol.

I'm a mate of Fangking Omega's and I see a lot of things behind the scenes. The amazing factor of this fangame is that it offers a realistic batch of Pokemon designs, that could pass off as the real thing, and I'm to help as I've leant my hand with Gigimplode, Croopie, Peculiurn, Divineon, Seazar and Tentacruse and a few more.

The best defines that it is the game with the most quality put into it, the storyline, the characters and the features being incorporated into it. I have seen a few other fangames here, but no offense to anyone, but they're just pisspoor compared to this. The only ones that stand a real chance of competing with Acanthite is Kyledove's Pokemon MMO, Wichu's Pokemon Amythest and Count Splatula's Pokemon Ancients Project. They're the only ones I'd consider in the A-League. The others are just resting upon B League and downwards.

I don't need a demo to tell me how good a game's quality is, because I've seen the game's work, its functions, its innovative take on being Number 1. You don't need a demo to tell you how good a game is, that's too generalised. And you seem to be among the many generalistic noobs on this forum that simply go; "LOL WE ARE THE BETTEREST BECUHZ WE HAVE DEMO N THEY DO NOT LOLOLOL"

So before you try and bring Acanthite down yet again InMooseWeThrust - oops InMooseWeTrust, sorry I did a typo! Look at what other games have to offer and match it to the quality that Acanthite is producing, because from what I can see here is that you're a lulsworthy troll that's only making themself looking like their own holdigger.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Lol moose gonna try and start a beef are ye. Lololol.

I'm a mate of Fangking Omega's and I see a lot of things behind the scenes. The amazing factor of this fangame is that it offers a realistic batch of Pokemon designs, that could pass off as the real thing, and I'm to help as I've leant my hand with Gigimplode, Croopie, Peculiurn, Divineon, Seazar and Tentacruse and a few more.

The best defines that it is the game with the most quality put into it, the storyline, the characters and the features being incorporated into it. I have seen a few other fangames here, but no offense to anyone, but they're just pisspoor compared to this. The only ones that stand a real chance of competing with Acanthite is Kyledove's Pokemon MMO, Wichu's Pokemon Amythest and Count Splatula's Pokemon Ancients Project. They're the only ones I'd consider in the A-League. The others are just resting upon B League and downwards.

I don't need a demo to tell me how good a game's quality is, because I've seen the game's work, its functions, its innovative take on being Number 1. You don't need a demo to tell you how good a game is, that's too generalised. And you seem to be among the many generalistic noobs on this forum that simply go; "LOL WE ARE THE BETTEREST BECUHZ WE HAVE DEMO N THEY DO NOT LOLOLOL"

So before you try and bring Acanthite down yet again InMooseWeThrust - oops InMooseWeTrust, sorry I did a typo! Look at what other games have to offer and match it to the quality that Acanthite is producing, because from what I can see here is that you're a lulsworthy troll that's only making themself looking like their own holdigger.

hey, dont forget the lost world. thats an A game. and prism

Last edited:

Col~

Effeler
    Years
  • Hey guys, as a longtime Pokemon fan, and a game maker, (working on my game Pokemon Frost and Magma) I'd like to congratulate the whole Acanthite team on a geat job, as well as all of you who support the game. This looks like a very promising game, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo decided to develop it and sell it. (Boy, wouldn't that be cool.) Keep up the good work, guys.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Anyone who's been keeping up with the website of late will see that we've had some real progress on the design front over the last week or two, and that means source material for sprites is coming to fruition :)

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    'Realistic' is an understatement for the Fakemon, considering the most notorious Fakemon artist out there (PK) is doing them. ^_^
    Lmayonaise said:
    The only ones that stand a real chance of competing with Acanthite is Kyledove's Pokemon MMO, Wichu's Pokemon Amythest and Count Splatula's Pokemon Ancients Project. They're the only ones I'd consider in the A-League. The others are just resting upon B League and downwards.
    You forgot Titanium / Iron. :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • And pokemon scarlet. You know houndooms. Its a class for me. OH and that new site style forced me into logging into the the forums again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back