• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    BETA+5_01.png
    BETA+5_02.png
    BETA+5_03.png
    BETA+5_04.png
    BETA+5_05.png

I have added the day night system, but I decided to remove it as it'll conflict with the storyline. I'll save the gimmick for Pokemon Adventure Green (which is also in development right now)

Holy crap on a cracker the new screenshots look amazing! I'm so excited to see more progress, take as long as you need and know I as well as many others will be ready to see any updates! I plan on getting the actual mangas in the box set for christmas and playing this just reminds me of how much I love the manga!
    (I'm REALLY looking forward to whenever in the future you work on the green and yellow arcs! I know it'll be a while but the fact that you are considering those two just makes me so happy!)
    This is my favorite hack out there right now, sorry for gushing but I just love it so much!

Wow this is crazy in depth, It looks nice.

Thank you, that's nice :)

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • BETA+5_01.png
    BETA+5_02.png
    BETA+5_03.png
    BETA+5_04.png
    BETA+5_05.png

I have added the day night system, but I decided to remove it as it'll conflict with the storyline. I'll save the gimmick for Pokemon Adventure Green (which is also in development right now)

Yay, the day & night feature is implemented ^^
    How about the season change?

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Yay, the day & night feature is implemented ^^
    How about the season change?

actually, I've removed in this hack, and instead saving it for Green Adventure because it'll just conflict with the storyline a bit. However, I might put it back in if I know how to control it a bit.

I'm not sure about seasons, as I don't really see the point of having season.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    First of all, very nice hack, i enjoyed it so far.

I want to continue the storyline, but i am kind of stuck.
    I completed "Deep Sea Search" Chapter, so i allready got Surf (twice, from Misty and Safary Zone), but i cant use it due to a missing Badge (i got 3 Badges).
    Next Chapter should be the "Frozen Fortress", but i have no idea how to get there.
    Can somebody give me a hint, or did i miss something?

Thanks for the answer,
    Blixx

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    First of all, very nice hack, i enjoyed it so far.

I want to continue the storyline, but i am kind of stuck.
    I completed "Deep Sea Search" Chapter, so i allready got Surf (twice, from Misty and Safary Zone), but i cant use it due to a missing Badge (i got 3 Badges).
    Next Chapter should be the "Frozen Fortress", but i have no idea how to get there.
    Can somebody give me a hint, or did i miss something?

Thanks for the answer,
    Blixx

Just open up the menu, go to Pokémon and go to the one with surf and use it like that, he changed the coding so you don't need the badge.

And the new screenshots look amazing, and the new sprite, but I think you may need to change the in-battle sprite a bit to match it, but regardless keep up the great work, can't wait for the finish of this beta.

My bad, the in-battle sprite is good, just on the beta 5 it didn't match because the white on the back of the hat and the white pokeball you had on the back of his jacket.

Last edited:

Roger Davis

Goofball
    Years
  • BETA+5_01.png
    BETA+5_02.png
    BETA+5_03.png
    BETA+5_04.png
    BETA+5_05.png

I'm waiting till the full thing is out to play myself, but I am looking foward to seeing this done, having a game based off of Pokemon Adventures is amazing! I can't wait for Blue myself, my favorite character. Amazing work.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    BETA+5_02.png
    BETA+5_01.png

Change the title screen and red's sprite. Okay, I think that's enough update for today, I need to finish my 2 essays for tomorrow =.=. Oh, and for some reason, there's glitch panel and the title is discolored but it doesn't really affect the gameplay much.

Oh, and I have created the first event for Pokemon Adventure Green Chapter. The thread is now waiting for approval, anyway, here's a few screenshot. Throughout the game, you'll get to play as young Green and Current Green, and visiting the Old Kanto region and the Current Kanto Region.

banner.png

GREEN+HACK+BETA_01.png
    GREEN+HACK_07.png
    GREEN+HACK+BETA_29.png
    GREEN+HACK+BETA_22.png
    GREEN+HACK+BETA_11.png
    GREEN+HACK+BETA_03.png

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Wow rockmegaman I'm lookin forward to the green chapter !!!! It's very rare to see someone this dedicated to the hack :D I'm gonna wait till the full version of the red chapter is done :).Keep it up man :D and BTW LOVE THE TITLESCREEN :)

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I have added new images for Saffron Showdown Part 2 Chapter.

Titlescreen was reverted to simply this one
    BETA+5_116.png
    . The reason being it corrupted my other map, and I nearly lost the entire file (save I have backup).

Wow rockmegaman I'm lookin forward to the green chapter !!!! It's very rare to see someone this dedicated to the hack :D I'm gonna wait till the full version of the red chapter is done :).Keep it up man :D and BTW LOVE THE TITLESCREEN :)

Yeah, I have no life, that's why I'm dedicated. Lol, no, it's one of a way for me to relieve stress. I'm looking foward to it too. The problem I have with hacking Red Chapter is that, it was my first hack. Therefore, it's full of glitches. Even though I know the glitch is there, I can't go back and change it without changing a lot of things. For example, I have reverted Red Chapter's title screen back to the original because I found out that it corrupts the other map. I know where the problem stems from, but it's too late to fix it. Whereas, for Green chapter, I can keep the custom title screen because I know what to do, and what not to do.

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • BETA+5_02.png
    BETA+5_01.png

Change the title screen and red's sprite. Okay, I think that's enough update for today, I need to finish my 2 essays for tomorrow =.=. Oh, and for some reason, there's glitch panel and the title is discolored but it doesn't really affect the gameplay much.

Oh, and I have created the first event for Pokemon Adventure Green Chapter. The thread is now waiting for approval, anyway, here's a few screenshot. Throughout the game, you'll get to play as young Green and Current Green, and visiting the Old Kanto region and the Current Kanto Region.

banner.png

GREEN+HACK+BETA_01.png
    GREEN+HACK_07.png
    GREEN+HACK+BETA_29.png
    GREEN+HACK+BETA_22.png
    GREEN+HACK+BETA_11.png
    GREEN+HACK+BETA_03.png

Isn't that titlescreen above from the Leola project?

Years
  • Amazing cant wait to play the next red beta and try green first beta!
    Really feel bad that you had to change the title screen it looked great isnt there any way to have that cool title screen back without corrupting anything?
    Nice userbars too

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Isn't that titlescreen above from the Leola project?

No, I'm pretty sure I made it. I did use the background from HG/SS game.

Amazing cant wait to play the next red beta and try green first beta!
    Really feel bad that you had to change the title screen it looked great isnt there any way to have that cool title screen back without corrupting anything?
    Nice userbars too

Unfortunately no :( ... The corruption was so bad that the maps were inaccessible. Therefore, I lost many scripts that was assign to that map (save I got backup ^^).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2013
    do you still want the sprites i made if so pm me your email adress so that i can give them to you

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I cannot wait for you to start the Blue Chapter later on :D
    I hope his Scyther will be strong ><

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Added more images for Saffron City Showdown Part 2 (Houndour event)

The Bonus chapter, 'DOJO BROTHERS' were re-added back to the game. It was originally in Beta 1, but I removed it as there was already a lot of Bonus Chapter. It is now re-added back in. Images is uploaded.

My thread for Pokemon Adventure Green Chapter is approved by Admin, check it out.
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312623

I cannot wait for you to start the Blue Chapter later on :D
    I hope his Scyther will be strong ><

I'll do it when I finish Red Chapter. I'm already hacking two games :). However, I'll add a poll in Green Chapter Thread to see whether people want me to hack Blue Chapter or Ash's Adventure in Orange Island.

Years
  • What about Reds Bonus Island chapter are you gonna add it?
    And something else, you said this is your first hack so maybe someone with more experience could help you fix some glitches like the title screen corruption
    It would make this hack the perfect hack ever its very good like it is now but bugs kill the fun at times

And can you finish this hack first before making other chars because its close to the ending and working at many hacks at once can confuse you a bit

Last edited:
    Back