• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I apologize for the many questions I've asked but does Kabiin still freeze the game upon level up? I'd like to use it on my team but not if it glitches out. I think I remember it being addressed last beta but just wanted to be sure.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I talk to all npc and then to jenny who wonder how many I rescue but evans doesn't appear
    Are you really sure it's not there?
    I just booted up the latest ROM with my savefile from the last beta testing phase and I was able to play the chapter normally.
    Evans is definitely there :confused:
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

does Kabiin still freeze the game upon level up?
    I cheated in some Rare Candies for testing's sake and it doesn't look like it does.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2020
    Are you really sure it's not there?
    I just booted up the latest ROM with my savefile from the last beta testing phase and I was able to play the chapter normally.
    Evans is definitely there :confused:

I cheated in some Rare Candies for testing's sake and it doesn't look like it does.

I send you a private message

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2020
    Is there a sequence of keeping pokemons in our team?
    Cause when i entered the cave to defeat mewtwo only 5 of my pokemon came out.
    If there's a sequence which pokemon should i remove for keeping Bomfur?
    Thanks for replying.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Is there a sequence of keeping pokemons in our team?
    Cause when i entered the cave to defeat mewtwo only 5 of my pokemon came out.
    If there's a sequence which pokemon should i remove for keeping Bomfur?
    Thanks for replying.
    Only the Pokémon that Red had in the manga at the time of a cutscene are the ones that can appear on it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    Is it normal for pokémon to have custom or altered movesets?
    found a level 8 mankey with:

Payback
    Bulldoze
    Poison jab
    U-turn

Also do the shiny pokemon that appear on certain days only have their primary ability? I tried to get a beedrill with sniper, just kept getting swarm

Attachments

• Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION
      mankey.jpg
      62.2 KB · Views: 16

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen today
    Is it normal for pokémon to have custom or altered movesets?
    found a level 8 mankey with:

Payback
    Bulldoze
    Poison jab
    U-turn

Also do the shiny pokemon that appear on certain days only have their primary ability? I tried to get a beedrill with sniper, just kept getting swarm

idk but i have also seen nonsense movesets from early game trainers such as the bug catcher in viridian forest that had that blasted butterfree/beedrill double battle where both had substitute and the butterfree had bug buzz -_- dang thing was annoying but i eventually got past it

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Also do the shiny pokemon that appear on certain days only have their primary ability? I tried to get a beedrill with sniper, just kept getting swarm
    They don't have a set ability. They're simple wild battles triggered with a wildbattle scripting command.
    That means you can save before interacting with the Pokémon and trigger the battle over and over until they have the ability that you want, Ability 1 or Ability 2.

So keep in mind Beedrill may not have Sniper anymore in this hack, in which case you wouldn't be able to get one. I haven't checked myself.

EDIT:
    I am in trovita island and Rudy doesn't interact with me, he is surrounded by three girls what am I suppose to do

Last edited:

RoyalWheat1

Secret
    Years
  • I've been subscribing this romhack wince the very beginning. Thank you aethe, for finishing this hack (finally). and also to you lunos, thanks for updating us (especially with your endless patience). 7 years, best days of my childhood. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

Years
    • Seen today
    Where do you go after the Trovita Island events, I'm assuming Shamouti but not sure how to get there? Have whirlpool but not sure where to go.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Where do you go after the Trovita Island events
    East of Route 9, like Rudy says.
    I'm assuming Shamouti but not sure how to get there? Have whirlpool but not sure where to go.
    Rudy told you where to go next in the last dialogues at his house's hideout.

Also, Shamouti Island is a completely optional location not related in any way to the storyline.
    You'll never need to go there at all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    For the side (beta 15) chapters listed with "upcoming beta 15" in parentheses. Are they incomplete or they were released along with this beta already?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2021
    Just finished the beta 15 and for me its good but still incomplete. (also the backsprite for some costumes including FRLG costume and rocket costume is missing)
    Spoiler:

However after the end i cannot teleport to Pummelo island anymore. the furthest i can go is the Island that have missing supplies and yet the event(s) got restarted after the i completed the game.
    Also where's the memory sphere locations? Mega evolutions? Legendaries?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • For the side (beta 15) chapters listed with "upcoming beta 15" in parentheses. Are they incomplete or they were released along with this beta already?
    Many of the chapters were already added. The list just hasn't been updated yet.
    As I said not too long ago, I update it after Aethestode updates the channel where the chapters lists are in the Discord server.
    Also where's the memory sphere locations? Mega evolutions? Legendaries?
    The Memory Spheres were removed.
    The Mega Evolutions and the Legendaries are not obtainable yet.
    May I know where is the daycare in this game?
    Kinnow Island. It's buggy though.

ON: More details about the expansion for the Beta 15 that Aethestode is currently working on.

EDIT: I have updated the Special Updates post that is linked in the main post a little bit.
    -Updated the Misc. Information Section
    -Removed all the sprites that were already present in the sheets at the main post​

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    The expansion is a nice surprise!I'll look forward to it.Also I noticed that the game patch now refers to the game as Volume 1 so there might be a new game with Volume 2 someday?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2020
    Please tell me the sequence of keeping pokemons in my team. I got Bomfur and i dont know which pokemon i should remove to keep it. I really want to stick to the main story so,please reply.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • The expansion is a nice surprise!I'll look forward to it.Also I noticed that the game patch now refers to the game as Volume 1 so there might be a new game with Volume 2 someday?
    If I had to guess, I'd say the idea was to separate the different ROMs that the hack was going to be made on in "Volumes".
    So Vol. 1 contains the Kanto Region and the Orange Archipelago, the Vol. 2 was maybe going to have the next few regions and so on.

Now that the hack is supposedly going to be finished with the Beta 15 and its expansion that idea is in kind of a limbo though, but yes, Aethestode did say in the Discord server that if he ever decided to come back and resume development himself, the next version would be the Volume 2.
    Please tell me the sequence of keeping pokemons in my team. I got Bomfur and i dont know which pokemon i should remove to keep it. I really want to stick to the main story so,please reply.
    If I'm understanding your question correctly, there isn't one. The Orange Archipelago is an original arc for the hack, so Red didn't have a team on it in the manga because the Orange Archipelago doesn't even exist there. Use whatever Pokémon you want, or just stick to Red's team from Kanto.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2020
    Sad to see this project might come to a close after the Orange Archipelago arc and not continuing the other regions. But I won't complain if it happens. Despite all issues in his life, Aethestode kept going, and for a hack that was about retelling the first arc of the manga, has already done way more than what was truly needed. Well done.

Back