• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    HEY I'M NEW HERE.WHAT VERSION CAN I [PLAY. I TRIED THE 6.9 VERSION BUT IT GET STUCK IN THE MIDDLE AND IT ISN'T WORKING AT ALL

Raj

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • HEY I'M NEW HERE.WHAT VERSION CAN I [PLAY. I TRIED THE 6.9 VERSION BUT IT GET STUCK IN THE MIDDLE AND IT ISN'T WORKING AT ALL

First can you please not write in all caps, it looks stupid and is simply not professional.

Now onto your problem, you do have the correct version so it's not that but first some simple questions.

1) Did you Patch the Game on a clean FireRed Rom?
    2) Did you patch it over a previous version? This has been known to cause many problems.

If the answer to both of those questions is no, we will need you to describe the problems and provide screenshots so that we can help you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    no.
    the problem starting when I meet bulbasaur.I fighting against machoks,then I got my bulbasaur,I leave the gym and then black screen the game stuck and I can't get forward.it happened to me twice in the same situation exactly. it's problem in the version.I tried version 5 and it's working fine for now.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Completely finished the entire Saffron Saga. I'll upload the new screenshots later this week. Going to start the Mewtwo Chapter tomorrow, and hopefully finish it, and hopefully release Beta 7 in a week or 2.

no.
    the problem starting when I meet bulbasaur.I fighting against machoks,then I got my bulbasaur,I leave the gym and then black screen the game stuck and I can't get forward.it happened to me twice in the same situation exactly. it's problem in the version.I tried version 5 and it's working fine for now.

Yeah, the problem only occurs if you decide to name Bulbasaur. So when they ask you to name bulbasaur, just select no. (the glitch has been fixed for Beta 7).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sure, but for Beta 7, you would need to restart due to many changes.

So, we have to create a new save file and start all over again? Is it possible to use save states, remove the old .SAV file in the folder, reload the current save state, and re-save in-game to create a new .SAV file?

Oh yeah, is the Power Plant currently in Beta 6.9? Cos Route 9 is inaccessible and I can't find Power Plant anywhere else.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    So, we have to create a new save file and start all over again? Is it possible to use save states, remove the old .SAV file in the folder, reload the current save state, and re-save in-game to create a new .SAV file?

Oh yeah, is the Power Plant currently in Beta 6.9? Cos Route 9 is inaccessible and I can't find Power Plant anywhere else.

For the first question, sure you can do that. I can't guarantee there won't be any glitches, and if there are, don't report them here.

For the 2nd question, it's in Beta 7.

Just finished reading the G/S/C chapter, and I really liked it. It felt like the series should've ended there but oh well lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Good job with the game so far just wanted to say I love the banners their awesome.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    What's the most latest patch?

Beta 6.9 is a stable build which goes upto gyarados side chapter A
    and beta 6 goes beyond it, but it's quite buggy so i think you should play beta 6.9.
    But i'd like you to wait till beta 7 is released because even beta 6.9 has some game breaking bugs which are fixed in beta 7.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Update notes:
    fixed the ss anne freezing glitch
    fixed celadon gym and Lavender Town warp glitch
    Fixed the evolution items (e.g. Solar ribbon, lunar ribbon, etc) glitch
    Fixed several other glitches.
    Completed Saffron City Arc
    Replaced all Saffron City Arc's old screenshots with the new one from BETA 7.
    Lake Monster Bonus Chapter, Love Letter Bonus Chapter, Dojo Brother Bonus Chapter, Lapras and Ditto Bonus Chapter and Mewtwo Easter Eggs are completed.
    Cinnabar Island arc and Seafoam Island arc are completed.
    Created a new sprite trainer sprite for Sabrina.
    Blaine and every other gym leader (except Sabrina) have a walking animation.
    Zapmolcuno is in the game.
    Created Zapmolcuno overworld sprite.
    Created new banners (shrink and HD version) for this hack and future hacks.
    Beta 7 would be release in a week or 2.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Great work but quick question will The indigo league be the last arc Or will there be a post game?

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Started on Mewtwo chapter. screenshots are uploaded.

Added more screenshots for Mewtwo Chapter.
    Depending on whether you meet Mewtwo in Cinnabar Island, the dialogue would varied a little.

Great work but quick question will The indigo league be the last arc Or will there be a post game?

Indigo Plateau would be the last arc of the main story. There would be a post game arc which deals with Red (Blue and Green as well) traveling to Orange Island and fighting the gyms there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I advice all who want to play this hack for the story and enjoyment to wait for a final version now we beta test it aint the full product as many seem to not notice lol
    And beta 6 should be skipped since it wasnt tested except if you want to report bugs so better wait for beta 7 or a final release instead of hating a hack while it aint completed yet

The Bonus Chapter with the cave in lavender where a flame shows you green is the only removed chapter right?
    Can you make a list if more were removed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    I can't wait to try the next version of the hack, the thing I love about the game is, the fact that if you want to stay true to the manga, you use a "preset" team...and that often makes difficulty much easier to be created than other hacks and even the original pokemon games.

I notice that you always keep the first post up to date, and it seems nice that you've ended some evolution items for Bulbasaur.

My problem with the original was that obviously Poliwhirl via a scripted event uses a water stone to evolve, however, Poliwrath in the Gamefreak games, has a limited move set due to evolving via a stone....was this ever fixed so he still had a lot more choice of moves?...He is the starter after all :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Hey rock, please don't get discouraged by that guy's comment. I hate when people do that.
    Anyway, this is a great hack and i'm looking forward to beta 7 !

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2016
    I dont know if this has already been reported or fixed but when i was playing 6.9 i was in lavender town and when i walked into any of the houses in lavender town i could not exit the house no matter which of the 2 doors i tried to walk through in the house. I just avoided going in any of them after i reloaded an older save from before i entered the house

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
    Years
  • Guys, when there are mean posts like that, just report it and don't respond. If you want to respond, do it on pm or such. Out on the open thread, it only creates clutter and deleting them only makes the thread look messy (^^see for yourself^^).

rockmanmegaman: Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged.

Cheers!

~karatekid552

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2014
    Just finished reading the G/S/C chapter, and I really liked it. It felt like the series should've ended there but oh well lol.

LoL, yeah it should have finished with the Volt Tackle (aka Super Rising Thunder) of Pichu but when you came to the Emerald arc it will be a nice end of serier more than G/S/C arc. But if they end there, we won't see the R/S arc or the D/P arc, those 2 arc have so much character development that make the pokespe good (in my opinion those two arc is the best in the series now).
    I'm glad beta 7 is almost out, i don't know how happy i was when hearing this

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I advice all who want to play this hack for the story and enjoyment to wait for a final version now we beta test it aint the full product as many seem to not notice lol
    And beta 6 should be skipped since it wasnt tested except if you want to report bugs so better wait for beta 7 or a final release instead of hating a hack while it aint completed yet

The Bonus Chapter with the cave in lavender where a flame shows you green is the only removed chapter right?
    Can you make a list if more were removed

- Secret of Joy chapter was removed (will be replace with a new one in the future).
    - Dream Cave Chapter was removed (didn't need it, considering you can potentially meet Green in Pewter Gym).

Yep, so far these are the only ones that were removed.

I can't wait to try the next version of the hack, the thing I love about the game is, the fact that if you want to stay true to the manga, you use a "preset" team...and that often makes difficulty much easier to be created than other hacks and even the original pokemon games.

I notice that you always keep the first post up to date, and it seems nice that you've ended some evolution items for Bulbasaur.

My problem with the original was that obviously Poliwhirl via a scripted event uses a water stone to evolve, however, Poliwrath in the Gamefreak games, has a limited move set due to evolving via a stone....was this ever fixed so he still had a lot more choice of moves?...He is the starter after all :)

Yeah, I'm gonna fix that soon. Thanks for reminding me :)

Hey rock, please don't get discouraged by that guy's comment. I hate when people do that.
    Anyway, this is a great hack and i'm looking forward to beta 7 !

Don't worry, not discouraged at all. I don't really care for spoiled and bratty people that lacks a decent sense of commonsense. I mean, it's obvious the game is short, it's not even completed yet, hence "beta".

I dont know if this has already been reported or fixed but when i was playing 6.9 i was in lavender town and when i walked into any of the houses in lavender town i could not exit the house no matter which of the 2 doors i tried to walk through in the house. I just avoided going in any of them after i reloaded an older save from before i entered the house

Yeah, it has been fixed for Beta 7. I apologies for that :/

Guys, when there are mean posts like that, just report it and don't respond. If you want to respond, do it on pm or such. Out on the open thread, it only creates clutter and deleting them only makes the thread look messy (^^see for yourself^^).

rockmanmegaman: Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged.

Cheers!

~karatekid552

T\hank you for the support. Don't worry, I'm not discouraged :).

LoL, yeah it should have finished with the Volt Tackle (aka Super Rising Thunder) of Pichu but when you came to the Emerald arc it will be a nice end of serier more than G/S/C arc. But if they end there, we won't see the R/S arc or the D/P arc, those 2 arc have so much character development that make the pokespe good (in my opinion those two arc is the best in the series now).
    I'm glad beta 7 is almost out, i don't know how happy i was when hearing this

Lol, I don't know. I'm going to definitely miss the old characters. I know Red, Green and Blue will appear a bit the R/S chapter thanks to Leafgreen and FireRed, but I have no idea whether they'll appear in Diamond or Pearl, annd those 3 are really my favourite characters since they were the originals lol.

Last edited:
    Back