• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2015
    Hey so... its there a download link yet? i downloaded the one in the link but...i cant run it in my VBA :( i really wanna play this game, help? i tried changing the file to gba and its freeze in the white screen :( (sorry for the bad english, im brazilian xD)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    So apparently, I was called obnoxious because I used the HERP DERP NPC to insult people who poke fun at my friend's death. According to that person, it's not funny and that he wants to stop playing my game because the HERP DERP NPC is annoying, and that I'm being obnoxious about it. In addition, he/she claimed that I'm not being professional (where did he get the idea I was being professional from? I'm just a guy making a hack) for breaking the 4th wall in the game, and that it was the reason why my hack didn't get 1st place (even though I have claimed many times I don't care whether I came 1st, 2nd or 3rd).

Anyway, after calling me obnoxious, unprofessional, unfunny and basically trying to imply I'm stupid, he said his message was just a constructive criticism and that I shouldn't react with anger. Wow... -.-

So I'm trying to juggle work with university, life and hack, and I really need to try to get a Distinction in my studies to ensure I pass, and this is exactly what I want to see OR hear.

block such people, not worth even bothering about them for a sec, and always remember we are here and in great majority, people who are fan of your work and just simply LOVE your work, some people in this world are not born with enough brains so just feel pity for them and ignore them, if they had enough brains they would have realized this is fan work and its not gamefreak making another version of pokemon

focus on your career man, career should be most important, screw these stupid people, hope you get distinction

i would say take a break from the forums itself and focus just on studies for now, since its only 2 weeks now. give time to studies now so that u can peacefully give time to hack after 2 weeks :D

Ttar0914

Years
  • Hey so... its there a download link yet? i downloaded the one in the link but...i cant run it in my VBA :( i really wanna play this game, help? i tried changing the file to gba and its freeze in the white screen :( (sorry for the bad english, im brazilian xD)

You can't run it on vba because the download file is a patch for a CLEAN POKEMON FIRE RED ROM, an .ips file, which needs Lunar IPS to apply the patch. Changing the file from .ips to .gba doesn't even work because that makes it unusable. I suggest you to get the fire red rom and the patch from the first page as well as Lunar IPS. After downloading those 3 you need to extract the fire red rom and the ips patch. If Lunar IPS is in a .zip or .rar file as well, extract it, too, and open Lunar IPS. After that, click on "Apply patch to an existing file", select the ips patch first and then the extracted fire red rom. A message will appear then telling you that the file was successfully patched. Change the name of the rom into "Pokemon Adventure Red.gba" and then you may enjoy the game.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    hey.. i am damn curious to play this game...
    before starting,should i read the manga? if yes,then can anyone guide me how to read/download it please....
    will be waiting for a reply

I really suggest reading the manga. It's really good. I think it's way better than the anime.
    You can read the Pokemon ADventure Manga in Mangafox.com.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2017
    hey there i was just wondering if i am playing on gba4ios if when the next beta comes out can i keep playing my save file? or if i would have to start over? thanks for your time and the hack is great and a brilliant idea cant wait to see it done.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Hello, first just want to say I've had a blast with your hack so far. Played through it twice now. Once, awhile back when the beta ended right in front of Moltres before the fossil revival, and this time. Well, my game froze up when Green challenged me in the league, and for some reason the game save rolled back right before the climax at SliphCo. All good though! At some point I'll finish out the game, or at least what it's up to now. A few things I've noticed along the way! I mean, I've read through a lot of this thread, looking for hints at parts where I get stuck, but these are some minor glitches I'm sure have been listed, figured I'd point them out anyway.

No.1: When ever I capture a mon and it's sent to my PC, I don't ever see the sent to PC message, just a blank text box? Nothing big, just strange.
    No.2: The Shiny Gastly easter egg thing, should I be able to capture multiples of them just by leaving town and coming back within minutes? It always respawns. I have three of them now, because why not.

Annnnd, I think that's about it, that's all I've noticed other than some weird grammar things here and there, which I'm sure will get smoothed over in time. Like I was saying though, had a blast with your hack so far. How about some highlights of my adventure so far? Yeah? Yeah.

No.1: Early game enjoyment of catching a Mankey, and saying Judo Chop to myself every time I used Karate Chop to break a ratatta.
    No.2: Caught a Clefairy on Mt.Moon. I soon learned that it's nothing to sneeze at, Clefairy (Now a Clefable) Clefcks everything up, all the time, constantly. Now more so with Arura Rain(?) Which gives it a delicious healing. Mmm, mmm good.
    No.3: Once upon a time, there was a Snorlax blocking my path. I quickly placed it inside a ball, and named it Choo Choo. He soon became a powerhouse on my team, nothing could stop the pain train Choo Choo. All my problems were solved with the clever use of Headbutting them away, all the time. It wasn't until a battle wthin SlyphCo that Choo Choo had an epiphany! A divine realization that rather than taking all that effort to Headbutt his problems away. Why not just fall on them instead? Thus, a new era of pain was born. The prophecy had been fulfilled, nothing could stop the body slams.(Also, why in the hell did you give Snorlax that Arura Rain move? It's bad enough he barely had any fcks to give before. Now? He ate all the fcks he had left, and gives none!)

Fun stuff right? So, if you have the time I had an idea about something I'd like to see in this hack. A sort of Side Chapter. Within your game there's a nameless rival. Someone who's always screwing with your Chi, and seems to be everywhere. You know who I'm talking about. That Crazy Old Man always blocking your path. He's funny, and at this point a very real part of your hack. While he has nothing to do with the manga it's self(I think?). I think it would be funny to have a side chapter post game maybe, that was dedicated to this random old man. Blocking your path one last time, and an epic showdown occurs or something. I don't speak for everyone, but I think personally that would be a nice addition to the hack.

So, yeah. Loved the hack so far, don't let the HERP DERP's get you down, you keep doing what you doing, and good luck to ya! Thanks for creating a game that bridges the story of Red for people who've never read the Manga. I honestly have more fond memories of this hack than any other pokemon game. When I first saw Blue's Charmeleon slice up Koga's Arbok. It was one of those Whatttt?! moments. Getting punted off the S.S Anne by Surge, only to come back up with an evolved Poliwhirl and stomp him in the face? Team Rocket trying to catch Green. It's all just good stuff, so, Thank you. I look forward to playing the finished version of the game.

JollyHaxorus

Dragon Type
    Years
  • I'd love to play this, but I'm not sure how I'd do the patch, due to my only emulator being on a tablet device. :<

Well, if you had access to a PC you can patch the rom on the PC and then transfer the rom to your tablet. That is what I do for my tablet and android phone.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2014
    I don't have access to a computer, sadly.

I play it on my Android device and you can patch it with the App Unipatcher and an app like androzip. Just unzip the beta 7.9 folder with androzip and then use the Unipatcher to patch the beta 7.9 ips file on a clean Firered Rom. And then you just have to rename your savefile to the patched file. In the beta 7.9 folder is also a tutorial.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hello, first just want to say I've had a blast with your hack so far. Played through it twice now. Once, awhile back when the beta ended right in front of Moltres before the fossil revival, and this time. Well, my game froze up when Green challenged me in the league, and for some reason the game save rolled back right before the climax at SliphCo. All good though! At some point I'll finish out the game, or at least what it's up to now. A few things I've noticed along the way! I mean, I've read through a lot of this thread, looking for hints at parts where I get stuck, but these are some minor glitches I'm sure have been listed, figured I'd point them out anyway.

No.1: When ever I capture a mon and it's sent to my PC, I don't ever see the sent to PC message, just a blank text box? Nothing big, just strange.
    No.2: The Shiny Gastly easter egg thing, should I be able to capture multiples of them just by leaving town and coming back within minutes? It always respawns. I have three of them now, because why not.

Annnnd, I think that's about it, that's all I've noticed other than some weird grammar things here and there, which I'm sure will get smoothed over in time. Like I was saying though, had a blast with your hack so far. How about some highlights of my adventure so far? Yeah? Yeah.

No.1: Early game enjoyment of catching a Mankey, and saying Judo Chop to myself every time I used Karate Chop to break a ratatta.
    No.2: Caught a Clefairy on Mt.Moon. I soon learned that it's nothing to sneeze at, Clefairy (Now a Clefable) Clefcks everything up, all the time, constantly. Now more so with Arura Rain(?) Which gives it a delicious healing. Mmm, mmm good.
    No.3: Once upon a time, there was a Snorlax blocking my path. I quickly placed it inside a ball, and named it Choo Choo. He soon became a powerhouse on my team, nothing could stop the pain train Choo Choo. All my problems were solved with the clever use of Headbutting them away, all the time. It wasn't until a battle wthin SlyphCo that Choo Choo had an epiphany! A divine realization that rather than taking all that effort to Headbutt his problems away. Why not just fall on them instead? Thus, a new era of pain was born. The prophecy had been fulfilled, nothing could stop the body slams.(Also, why in the hell did you give Snorlax that Arura Rain move? It's bad enough he barely had any fcks to give before. Now? He ate all the fcks he had left, and gives none!)

Fun stuff right? So, if you have the time I had an idea about something I'd like to see in this hack. A sort of Side Chapter. Within your game there's a nameless rival. Someone who's always screwing with your Chi, and seems to be everywhere. You know who I'm talking about. That Crazy Old Man always blocking your path. He's funny, and at this point a very real part of your hack. While he has nothing to do with the manga it's self(I think?). I think it would be funny to have a side chapter post game maybe, that was dedicated to this random old man. Blocking your path one last time, and an epic showdown occurs or something. I don't speak for everyone, but I think personally that would be a nice addition to the hack.

So, yeah. Loved the hack so far, don't let the HERP DERP's get you down, you keep doing what you doing, and good luck to ya! Thanks for creating a game that bridges the story of Red for people who've never read the Manga. I honestly have more fond memories of this hack than any other pokemon game. When I first saw Blue's Charmeleon slice up Koga's Arbok. It was one of those Whatttt?! moments. Getting punted off the S.S Anne by Surge, only to come back up with an evolved Poliwhirl and stomp him in the face? Team Rocket trying to catch Green. It's all just good stuff, so, Thank you. I look forward to playing the finished version of the game.

* Lol, yeah, Idk why the message is blank either -.-.
    * The shiny gastly meant to respawn. That's the same for all shiny pokemon you see in the map.
    * Lol, I'll try my best with grammar. English is not my first language :p.
    * I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    * Yes, I'm planning to create a bonus chapter for the old man for Blue Chapter.
    * Thank you. Yeah, I'm not going to let the herp derp npc get me down. Sometime when people read the dialogues in games, and may think I'm being harsh to the people who send me those message. However, they don't realize that I cleaned up ALL of the real herp derp people's dialogue.

How do i reach the powerplant?

You know the route, East of Cerulean City? Keep going until you see a border of water. one of the fences are broken. If you still don't know, send me a pm :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    I think I ♥♥♥♥ed up, can I restore this:

After I found the MewTwo running away I went north, and landed in Pallet Town, of course I can't return 'For some reason I got to go this way'. So I was like OK, let's keep going, but after sometime I was clueless on what to do. I watched a walkthrough which walked right in to that cave entrance/secret lab, which I totally forgot about... Can I get back in anyway? Asides from walking all the way to Cinnabar?

Oh of course, just diglett cave, fuchsia and cave. I'll do that.

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I think I ♥♥♥♥ed up, can I restore this:

After I found the MewTwo running away I went north, and landed in Pallet Town, of course I can't return 'For some reason I got to go this way'. So I was like OK, let's keep going, but after sometime I was clueless on what to do. I watched a walkthrough which walked right in to that cave entrance/secret lab, which I totally forgot about... Can I get back in anyway? Asides from walking all the way to Cinnabar?

Oh of course, just diglett cave, fuchsia and cave. I'll do that.

Lol, sorry I don't understand. So are you still stuck?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    Lol, sorry I don't understand. So are you still stuck?
    Well okey :) That's me, I'm unclear.
    I was in cinnabar, with Blaine and the Moltress, he says go to my secret lab (southwest in the town), well I went to the secret lab, and found Mewtwo on the far right. It ran away and I was like: I'll surf to the north.
    So I did, when arriving in Pallet Town it showed me the message"For some reason I got to go here" this message also stopped me from going back (I watched a walkthrough with someone NOT surfing but going into the real secret lab (north east, that cave thing)
    So in the end I just walked to pewter, took the diglett gave to fuchsia, surfed to Cinnabar, defeated a LVL 40 Moltress, got the Key again (because I lost it after going to Pallet) and entered the cave, got Aerodactyle, Beat LVL 40 moltress again and proceeded with the game.

So: Instead of getting Aerodactyl, I went to surf to pallet town, and couldnt go directly back, also when arriving back in Cinnabar with a way around I couldnt enter the cave: I had to beat moltress again, to get aerodactyl and beat moltress for te 3rd time and continue.

Also I still have no Fly. :)
    But anyway not stuck anymore, I hope I explained it somewhat more clear.

Thanks for the game by the way, it's great.

Back