• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Alabaster (2nd demo out now!!!)

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
Years
  • I'm having a bug with the camper mission of visiting the Celebi shrine, after I battle with the Bug Catcher with the Paras and Pinceo/girl with the Noctowl after they leave, the screen is stuck in black with just leaves falling.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Hi, Magic Bounce doesn't work properly. If your opponent uses a status move on you ,you're gonna get stuck in a loop until their PP runs out.
    Also it would be nice, if you could add a Speed-up button in the future. ^^

Alababal

Pokémon Alabaster Developer
    Years
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll keep hammering these bugs out. Maybe I'll have a content update eventually as well.

I'm having a bug with the camper mission of visiting the Celebi shrine, after I battle with the Bug Catcher with the Paras and Pinceo/girl with the Noctowl after they leave, the screen is stuck in black with just leaves falling.

Sorry I missed this. Did you save, and if so are you still stuck? I've had a few people have problems with this event in the past, although it works most of the time. I tweaked a few things for the next update but if you're stuck I can fix your save.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    not sure if this was mentioned or not but the croagunk u face early on if it uses astonish on flame body larvesta and it triggers flame body instead of the croagunk getting burned, the larvesta gets poisoned............... also when choosing the starter is it actually possible to reach the mudkip cuz it seems the tree is to big and i cant walk behind it to reach the mudkip................... also poor gible, i felt bad for it when i selected it and it tried to playfully bite me but the MC hit it out of reflexes and then it started to cry and became unobtainable as a starter option.............. is there a way to make it so i can start with the gible? or is that a fake out starter so to speak

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    I found a couple more bugs. 😅
    Jump Kick didn't had a effect on a trainers Sawsbuck and on a other trainers Nuzleaf at Route 304.
    Togetic didn't learned Dazzling Gleam upon evolution (it should according to the notes?) and Lopunny didn't learned Return.
    Spoiler:

And the trade at the estate breaks the game.

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    another bug i forgot to mention is with low sweep, whenever someone uses it it dont seem to drop speed, and ive yet to face a pokemon that can use it that gets sheer force for an ability so i know thats not the problem

Alababal

Years
  • I found a couple more bugs. ������
    Jump Kick didn't had a effect on a trainers Sawsbuck and on a other trainers Nuzleaf at Route 304.
    Togetic didn't learned Dazzling Gleam upon evolution (it should according to the notes?) and Lopunny didn't learned Return.
    Spoiler:

And the trade at the estate breaks the game.

For the evolutions they're both by happiness, which I bet has something to do with it. Hopefully the other evolution methods work. I'll make note of it though. Barry in Nimagale Beach should teach togetic dazzling gleam if you have a save from the first demo. I'll update it so it works for this demo in the next update.

Edit 1: Actually it looks like I broke moves upon evolution somehow, because it was definitely working before but it's not now. I'll find a fix for that hopefully.

Edit 2: I found the problem. You guys probably don't care, but if for some reason you do, I installed the newest version of Luka's elite battle not long before releasing this demo. Because the scripts weren't put in the right place evolution moves aren't learned. This is an easy fix and will be in the next update. I'll have a move tutor in Squall I guess for the three starters. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the move errors, I'll look at them but I can't guarantee that they'll be fixed. I look at them from time to time but I'm scared I'm breaking other moves by fixing them. This game still runs on essentials v16. Hopefully when I update to v17 or 18 if it comes out most of the move errors get fixed. Thanks for mentioning them though! I'll definitely fix them if they are simple errors. Please let me know if you find anything else.

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    another error i forgot to mention if you choose to join team celestial and talk to the NPC that guards the entrance to the training area from the side instead of walking below them u will get stuck in an inescapable infinite loop of the same dialogue eventually etting wedged between them and the other NPC that walks back and forth in that same row

yugoslavfub

Torchic is Number One Chicken
    Years
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll keep hammering these bugs out. Maybe I'll have a content update eventually as well.

Sorry I missed this. Did you save, and if so are you still stuck? I've had a few people have problems with this event in the past, although it works most of the time. I tweaked a few things for the next update but if you're stuck I can fix your save.

I saved before doing the mission, so I am not currently trapped in limbo luckily. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Alababal

Years
  • another error i forgot to mention if you choose to join team celestial and talk to the NPC that guards the entrance to the training area from the side instead of walking below them u will get stuck in an inescapable infinite loop of the same dialogue eventually etting wedged between them and the other NPC that walks back and forth in that same row

Thanks that should be fixed for the next update.

Update will most likely be out tomorrow. I'll be busy for the next few days after that so if not tomorrow it will be a few.

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    is budew still a daytime based friendship evolution in this cuz ive given it a good 25+ fresh waters and have been making sure it dont faint but yet its still not evolving

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    For the evolutions they're both by happiness, which I bet has something to do with it. Hopefully the other evolution methods work. I'll make note of it though. Barry in Nimagale Beach should teach togetic dazzling gleam if you have a save from the first demo. I'll update it so it works for this demo in the next update.

Edit 1: Actually it looks like I broke moves upon evolution somehow, because it was definitely working before but it's not now. I'll find a fix for that hopefully.

Edit 2: I found the problem. You guys probably don't care, but if for some reason you do, I installed the newest version of Luka's elite battle not long before releasing this demo. Because the scripts weren't put in the right place evolution moves aren't learned. This is an easy fix and will be in the next update. I'll have a move tutor in Squall I guess for the three starters. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the move errors, I'll look at them but I can't guarantee that they'll be fixed. I look at them from time to time but I'm scared I'm breaking other moves by fixing them. This game still runs on essentials v16. Hopefully when I update to v17 or 18 if it comes out most of the move errors get fixed. Thanks for mentioning them though! I'll definitely fix them if they are simple errors. Please let me know if you find anything else.

No problem and thanks for the reponse. ^^
    I found more bugs.
    After finishing the demo (which I really liked btw), I went back to explore the rest of the Summer Caves that I missed and Cirrus started to follow me again, when I entered them from this entrance.
    Spoiler:

You can also slide trough this stone at Shoal Cave.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023

No problem and thx for the reply. ^^
    I found two more bugs.
    You can slide through this stone at Shoal Cave.

After finishing the demo (which I really liked btw), I went back to the Summer Caves and Cirrus started to follow me again, when I went trough this entrance.

Years
  • Hi,
    Just wanted to say (again) that I'm super stoked this game is back, and with another substantial beta release to boot :D
    I started a new save file to play through it all over again. I picked Togepi as my starter this time, and I just graduated from the academy at around 4h of playtime thus far. I've been livestreaming it on my twitch channel and recommending it to other people in the fangame community. I really enjoy the challenge, the attention to detail and the immersion. It's encouraging me to try new strategies and Pokemon I never would have thought to use otherwise.
    Can't wait to progress further into the game and experience all the new content and story! I fully expect it to get better and better as it goes on.
    I honestly think this is the most underrated fan game out there, and I hope that by playing it and talking about it I can encourage more people to give it a try!

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    just encountered another bug, this one is when you go to enter the research center............. im not exactly sure if the definitive cause but when attempting to enter it softlocked me, i was able to quicksave but that has me stuck now requiring me to load a backup save

Alababal

Years
  • No problem and thx for the reply. ^^
    I found two more bugs.
    You can slide through this stone at Shoal Cave.

After finishing the demo (which I really liked btw), I went back to the Summer Caves and Cirrus started to follow me again, when I went trough this entrance.

Ok both of these should be fixed in the next demo. If Cirrus is still following you entering a pokecenter in either Squall or Vortelle in the next update should make him stop.

Hi,
    Just wanted to say (again) that I'm super stoked this game is back, and with another substantial beta release to boot :D
    I started a new save file to play through it all over again. I picked Togepi as my starter this time, and I just graduated from the academy at around 4h of playtime thus far. I've been livestreaming it on my twitch channel and recommending it to other people in the fangame community. I really enjoy the challenge, the attention to detail and the immersion. It's encouraging me to try new strategies and Pokemon I never would have thought to use otherwise.
    Can't wait to progress further into the game and experience all the new content and story! I fully expect it to get better and better as it goes on.
    I honestly think this is the most underrated fan game out there, and I hope that by playing it and talking about it I can encourage more people to give it a try!

Thanks a ton! Hearing you went back and started over makes me with I had updated more of the content from the first demo updated. But I wanted to release the demo and have time to fix bugs that cropped up, and I probably won't have that much time once school starts up again. So I kinda pushed this release a tad faster than I would have otherwise. In any case I hope you enjoy the demo.

just encountered another bug, this one is when you go to enter the research center............. im not exactly sure if the definitive cause but when attempting to enter it softlocked me, i was able to quicksave but that has me stuck now requiring me to load a backup save

Fixed this as well. I assume you went back and overwrote your save but if you didn't the frozen one should work too I'm pretty sure.

Demo will be updated in a couple of hours probably, patch maybe sooner. After that won't be around for a few days but if anything else comes up let me know.

================================================================================

Edit: Patch 0.6.3 is up!

1st thing, if you talk to Barry either in Nimagale by the stall shops or in Squall in the trainer mall, he can teach your starter an evolution move. So hammer arm, metal claw, and confusion for metagross, quiver dance for volcarona, and magical leaf and dazzling gleam for togekiss. PLEASE SAVE BEFORE TALKING TO HIM! I didn't get to test all of them and if there is a typo it will crash the game.

2nd, I think all of the overworld bugs metioned so far have been fixed. If there happened to be multiple causes for a bug in a certain area then I might have missed it. If so let me know.

Finally for battle bugs, low sweep should be fixed, but that's it for right now. I looked at magic bounce for a while and couldn't figure out what is going on there. I also looked at jump kick briefly and didn't see the fix, but I think with a bit more time I think I can fix that one. Haven't had the time to look at anything else yet.

Last edited:

ARCEUS493ZELDA

ArcBolt27
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    something i was curious about in regards to the end of the demo, more specifically the battle at the end................. the one ur supposed to lose

is it at all possible to win and if u can does anything change at all or does it still play out as if u lost regardless? i only ask this as other fan games such as rejuvenation and reborn have similar fights and are technically winnable but only via extreme cheese and was wondering if thats the case here too

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2019
    I'd say its doable without cheese only if you have pokemon that can apply paralysis or something two times (he has a lum berry) plus tanking hits from an Aggron 50 levels above you. Flame body on Volcarona or static on Ampharos are bonuses. All of this only works if RNG favours you though.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back