• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Alpha

MudMast

Does not exist.
Years
  • Pokémon Alpha - Created By MudMast of MudMastStudios (M.M.S.)
    Will return with release at a later date.
    storybanner.jpg

Spoiler:

progressbanner.jpg

Demo Contents:
    Spoiler:

The Release's will be released to the public when bugs in previous release are fixed.Release Order: Demo (One-Off To Public), Pre-Alpha (To Testers), Alpha (To Public), Pre-Beta (To Testers), Beta (To Public), Pre-Alpha...

thingsbanner.jpg

This project had been restarted 4 times altogether
    I got the idea of this October 2007
    This hack is based on D/P but is 20 years later.

screenshotbanner.jpg

title1.png
    twinleaf1.png
    twinleaf2.png

twinleaf3.png
    twinleaf4.png
    twinleaf5.png

twinleaf6.png
    twinleaf7.png
    twinleaf8.png

twinleaf9.png
    twinleaf10.png
    2011.png

2012.png
    verity1.png
    sandgem1.png

sandgem2.png
    sandgem3.png
    2191.png

staffbanner.jpg

MudMast - The Hack
    xghost - Lead Beta Tester
    <Your name here> - Beta Tester - Apply through PM only
    bannersbanner.jpg

Spoiler:

helpbanner.jpg

1: Feedback on what you think

credit banner.bmp

Nintendo - For Fire Red Style Trees (Inserted by me)
    Lu-Ho - Advancemap
    Scizz - Advancetext
    HackMew - OverworldEditor-RE, XSE, SMCA

releasebanner.jpg

No Releases Yet, see the Progress Report.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    it looks good so far. you should insert some more FR tiles on this, besides just the trees. thank you for that though lol, because I HATE the ruby trees. But anyways, good luck on this. I'll check back here once you add more.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    This acctualy looks alright But to keep this thread from dieing you'd better get some scripts up.
    Nice FR tree tiles BTW
    Were they from WAH's tileset?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • It looks great so far! I like the new Sinnoh!
    But you should insert some new tiles... There is a Platinum tile patch in the ROM Hacking Resources.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    It looks great so far! I like the new Sinnoh!
    But you should insert some new tiles... There is a Platinum tile patch in the ROM Hacking Resources.

Well, this is a hack of Ruby, and he's used FireRed tiles..

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • Wow, I am liking the graphics and sprites. From the looks of your other stuff, you have improved lots. Keep it up! I like the new truck, too 8o

Thanks.

it looks good so far. you should insert some more FR tiles on this, besides just the trees. thank you for that though lol, because I HATE the ruby trees. But anyways, good luck on this. I'll check back here once you add more.

Yeah, I might go tile-creating, I've got stairs ready on my computer.

This acctualy looks alright But to keep this thread from dieing you'd better get some scripts up.
    Nice FR tree tiles BTW
    Were they from WAH's tileset?

Yeah, but I've been keeping myself away from there because I have no need for any more in the small Demo. (And I'm not allowing myself to create further than the demo for a while, 'till the Demo is out, in about a week at most, maybe.).
    Whah??! WAH had a tileset with them?! Oh well, I got them from FireRed about November or so, recoloured them to Ruby's tileset, and there I go.

It looks great so far! I like the new Sinnoh!

I'm refraining from using tile patches, I'm using tiles from FireRed (only the trees), and I recoloured and added them myself.

Well, this is a hack of Ruby, and he's used FireRed tiles..

Correct Vrai.

Anyway, thanks everyone.
    I've been trying to work on it for the past few weeks, but have exams to prepare for, so hacking will dim down a little bit, until this easy exam is over.

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
  • Looking good. Twinleaf Town Inn = <3.
    Can't wait for the demo to come out!
    Question: can you ONLY be the bloke we see in the screen shots, or is there a girl option as well?

Last edited:

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • Looking good. Twinleaf Town Inn = <3.
    Can't wait for the demo to come out!
    Question: can you ONLY be the bloke we see in the screen shots, or is there a girl option as well?

Thanks, where else would NPCs live if there was few houses and no pokéCenter.
    It shouldn't take too long.
    Answer: Oops, no actual screenshots of gameplay with girl, there is a screen with her in:
    verity1.png

I've only had her put in this one because that is the first known encounter (unaccessible till pre-alpha). And that was the only sprite of her I had created at the moment.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • Hey there, hoping that a month hasn't passed.

So, hope that i'm right here:
    Progressing Hacks forum rules said:
    Consecutive posting (double posts) about new features is permitted…
    … if you're the thread owner. You may make up to three long posts in a row detailing any information in your game. You cannot make three short (for example, 2 lines only) posts in a row. Any other cases are subject to standard double-posting rules.

I think this allows me to post again, hopefully.

Anyway, on to the updates:

- I have remade the world map, and it looks more DP style now (It wasn't actually designed DP style until after the towns/cities were remade):
    newsinnohavaliable.png
    - border shows that it is concept art, rather than a screenshot.
    - Also, I've planned out what will be in each and every release - in text format and WM (WorldMap) format (I'm not including a pic here, just to keep suspence - and the WM format is too wide to paste here :D).
    - Though, I will say that the gyms (some) are in new locations.

What you can look forward to throughout the releases:

- Something new in Jubilife City - (An old screenshot somewhere on the forum might give you a hint).
    - Towns/Cities with more features than their DP versions (Such as the Market in Oreburgh City).
    - A hopeful way to implement an underground system (not the train kind - though there will be one later) - I've got the idea, I just need to implement it when the time comes.
    - An "organised" enemy team - such as a purpose, instead of the random "we're doing this because we are". - First appearance of this team should be in Beta 1.
    - Expect some speech about real life events (Such as the apparant destruction of the world)
    - The Valley Windworks will now have a purpose! - Guess if you'd like :D - should be around early Beta 2.
    - New HM - (Again you have to wait until this becomes avaliable :D) - Maybe by Beta 4.
    - I'll hopefully replace alot more tiles with my own custom ones (once I make them)
    - I managed to find an image of which I started to create an arceus sprite. - I will try to make sprites for each Pokémon avaliable in this hack.
    - ALL releases will be released to the public (BUT the beta tester(s) will get the pre-(alpha/beta) early - to get a quick check if there are any major/minor bugs).

About nearest release (Demo):
    - The female characters Overworlds are nearly complete.
    - I need to get around to making these last few text edits.

I've attached a text document containing the Pokédex list, could I (as always) get some feedback on that, thanks.

Right, I'll probably think of more, but for now, goodbye :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Well, this hack seems pretty decent. The world map looks a bit odd in parts, but hell... it's a lot better than I can do. Mapping seems acceptable, but there is always room for improvement. Best of luck

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • Oops, left this a bit late.
    (Never been too good with posting in forums)

By my estimate, i'm still in the 1 month since last post.
    Here we go:
    Well, this hack seems pretty decent. The world map looks a bit odd in parts, but hell... it's a lot better than I can do. Mapping seems acceptable, but there is always room for improvement. Best of luck
    Thanks.
    Yeah, thats what I always think, things can always be improved.
    I love the new World Map, MudMast!!

If I'm not wrong, you made it yourself, didn't you?

Thanks and yep, except the shape; which is mostly from DP with some edits. (It was already based on a real island anyway).

OK, so I've been planning ahead and have been mapping ahead. Just a bit stuck for ideas at the moment. (That and tests/exams). I've got an original writing coursework to do. A 20 hour portfolio to do over a week, a 10 hour final piece for art over 2 days, and probably something else.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • A GBA remake of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl... You should make the graphics look more like DP, but otherwise, it is looking pretty awesome. From the storyline, I thought the protagonist was going to explore a new region. Basing it off of a nintendo region is kind of unoriginal, but still a good idea in the sense of remakes. I like how it is coming along and hope it succeeds.

Last edited by a moderator:

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • Will this have DP music, and Rowan as the professor, euther way, this looks good........
    Well, I'd like to eventually put a mix of diffrent music into this; but not at the stage I'm at now. (Though, I might start making some MIDIs over this holiday :S). He may have an appearance. Thanks.

A GBA remake of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl... You should make the graphics look more like DP, but otherwise, it is looking pretty awesome. From the storyline, I thought the protagonist was going to explore a new region. Basing it off of a nintendo region is kind of unoriginal, but still a good idea in the sense of remakes. I like how it is coming along and hope it succeeds.
    Yes, well it is sortof a remake; but mainly just the basics of maps and some character names. As for the graphics, I'm starting to make custom tiles for the centre and mart; even the trees will be custom by the end. I'm gonna try to make this the first of a collection of hacks,this first one is based in Sinnoh; and later versions will be completly custom, with the exception of a few characters appearing. Thanks, and I'm also hoping for it to succeed :p

Right, I'd better go to my computer and continue work on Alpha. (Cos, I'm using the DSi browser totype this message. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    Oh, I have never really liked graphics in Ruby, but you seem to do good job with using them. They seem more likable to me in the manner you used them, and the FR tree addition is good too :) Keep up the good work ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Hum.. if the hack is on ruby, i think that you should change the mayority of the graphics (tileset), because the tileset of ruby, is too ugly.
    You're an starter rom hacker? I see..

Well, god luck in your hack^^

Back