• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - Another World

Years
    Pokémon - Another World

Pokémon - Another World

Please note that this is still a story in concept.

Our hero, the one you will be playing, moves to a new country. At this point our hero is as follows. He or She is almost 18 and just finished school in his/her old home country. His/Her Father died last year trying to save some wild machop and machokes which where hurt by a avalanche of stones in the caves nearby their old home. Therefor, your mother does not want to live at that place anylonger, because she does not want you to get hurt. Instead, you move to the place where your mother was born. A little town called Dunning Dale. In this town Professor Oak was (by coincidence) placed this summer to help with the pokémon in that country. As he captured some pokémon, he would release them just before he went back to his hometown.
    :chu: This is where you get your first Pokémon.

What you do not know is that you are living in one of the small towns hidden in the center of the mainland. One of the towns where Pokémon are allowed. In the kingdom you just moved too, Pokémon are strictly prohibitet and are all driven and put away to place where no people live. Why and when, you will learn along your Journey...
    :snea: The main objective is, is to solve this Pokémon-disallowens in the kingdom

Pokémon - Another World

Hereby I include a list of important characters. To be filled.

The Main Hero
    Okay, I guess this is pretty clear. This will be you, the player. As stated above, you are in the beginning almost 18 and... well... you will find out. I might include a (male and female) graphic later.

The Main Hero's Rival
    Okay, this is not the contrary from what you choose as gender, neither will it be Ash or Ricky. This is a new rival you will met just close to your hometown... (No.. he is also not like ??? in Ruby/Sapphire from the Red/Blue Team...

Proffesor Oak
    We all know proffesor Oak. I think he is one of the most coolest person in the Pokémon world (okay, except for Richie, He and Sparkie and Zippo where/are totally awesome!! XP). He will play a perfect role in the story, which I will not reveal/spoil.​

Pokémon - Another World

A list of features. Yet to be expanded with more!

• A Re-Newed pokédex System
    • Old Style, New Graphics Battle System
    • All Pokémon from
      Pokémon - Another World
      to at least
      Pokémon - Another World
    • Improved (Dynamic) Shop System
    • The old (Ruby styled) Bag system with new features (like weight and size)
    • A berry blender (but more features)
    • Pokémon performance competitions (Ribbons)
    • Day-Night Systems with Seasonal Wether and Tilesets
    • Online Battle and Trading modes (Including a Tournament of some sort :P)
    • Perhaps some new pokémon
    • At least 8 new badges
    • Unlimeted save files (one for each trainer name)
    • Other new features yet to be revealed.

Pokémon - Another World

A list with screenshots. Yet to be expanded with more!

Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World
    Pokémon - Another World

1. I know I sould not show title screen, however, there is a story behind this. This titlescreen will show a pop-up (shown) when there are fonts installed. What is the point? Well, if the game finds out that your computer does not have the fonts, it automaticly installs the fonts, and shows this screen once. The next startup you won't see it. Also, the load is semi-transparant when there is nothing to load (duh).
    2. The (sort-of) well known Intoduction 'help'. I intend to change the next, but it looks nice this way anyway.
    3. Hey, looks who's there. Proffesor Oak with his (cough) original (cough) introduction.
    4. This is the standard view without mapname display (good for cutscenes) Note, that picture is not an overlay of somesort. The maps 'Viewport' is just within this picture.
    5. Again the Maps view, however, this time you can see that the map name (wrong in this case by the way ) is shown right there.
    6. This is a new feature of the game. By entering a map you will most off the times be enlightend by this location popup. It shows the Area name, route you are on and last, but definitly not least the pokemon in this area. Will shown in full color when seen, sillhouet (black) if not seen, and with pokéball if captured.
    7. Some same sort of Location pop-up, but now for a town. Wil lshow the name, then what Badge you can get. (if there is a Badge availeble, another window is shown with the Gymleaders sprite) and the route numbers from the connections to this town.
    8. Load screen in progres.
    9. Save screen in progres... :P
    10. Working on the menu system!
    11. This is my first Pokémon map. It shows you the (crappy) hero start town and a bit of the forest around it. I only found 2 mapping errors yet. (Both made on the map's edge, this is a compilation of 3 separated maps)

Pokémon - Another World

I could not have done this/do this without...

There are some people I NEED to credit, I WANT to credit, and I just want to say thanks to. Here is a list:
    • Thank you Avatar, Now I can use your sprite in return for this credit.
    • Thank you DarkAngelX. You gave me a archive with all Pokémon Fonts (RS was damaged btw...)
    • Thank you Leon. ou gave me some Ideas to show me how to script some things...
    • Thank you Silon for the awesome new trees! Now I can have an even greater variety of trees.
    • Thank you Solarsoft GameTeam Members and RMXP.org for all of your support and friendship.
    • Thank you Enterbrain! for making this all possible.
    • Thank you GoldenAura, for the first Netplay module.
    • Thank you Trebor777 and Mr.Mo for helping me with Netplay Plus™
    • Thank you Lance, for those awesome images I fouind in your abadonned project.
    • Thank you Nonta, now I have a lot more awesome music files.
    • Thank you Bo(master) for capturing some images for me.

Pokémon - Another World

Other things I like to say...

Pokémon - Another World
    by Me™; Last Update: 04 december 2006
    will be update weekly

This game is made with the official version of RPG Maker XP
    Pokémon - Another World

Last edited:

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
    Years
    The screenshots are good, the fact that you see the pokemon you will find in the route you are in is pretty cool, This looks like a good game.
    Keep it up!

Years
    I dunno if its just my Computer but when i click a screenshot it dosnt show the one it shows in the thumbnail

looks like a nice game in the progress

Years
    Thank you Avatar. I just saw it on another forum (dutch) where I posted this. Stupid :P. Either way, yes Dash, it was Richie, with Sparkie and Zippo (totally cute XP).

I just started with creating a sort of database with all data from all Pokemon. I just did the first 53 Pokemon (that's till Persian Ru/Sa/Go/Si/Re/Bl/Ye/Gre style) his name and base stat. After I did the base stats I need to also put in the other stats (weight, height, descriptions, moves availeble on what level, rates male and female) and the breeding stats (with what pokemon possible, the compatibility rate) and the egg_moves...

Wish me luck :P

Years
    Looks good, im also making a *coughsecretcough* game with rpgmaker XP, and if you want, we can discuss some stuff about the maker, or if you need any pointers, pm me, id be happy to help.

Good luck!

Years
    Soo.. I am working on th eload system. You can now finnaly have more then one save file on a computer. (note: not finished :P)

Pokémon - Another World

Years
    I am still expermenting with the layout of the load system. Either way, I have finnaly inputed the first 251'pokemon their name and base stats. Going for the actual pokemon scripting soon. I just got the basics done :D

Years
    That's my fave feature :P. Nintendo needs to incorporate a feature like this.

I think Nintendo does that so that people will be more pushed into buying more copies of the game, and, what kind of game would it be, if you could save anytime, anywhere, and in different slots? Thats why you cant save all the time in Final Fantasy games unless promted to by a saving point.

Anyhoo, good luck with this, for I have seen some pokemon games using the same maker, and some didnt turn out too well, but good luck!

Years
    @Razmazter, Indeed. Now one family can not easily share the game. The game is so called personal, bound to the buyer. However, just a note, as I said unlimeted save files, I meant, that more players can play the game, however you are still limited to one save slot (this is not because I can't cript it, but because I still want the one slot limitation)

Also, just like in the 'real' Pokémon games you can not save while cutscenes are going on, or while in battle.

Pokémon - Another World Pokémon - Another World

1. Load Screen
    2. Save Screen (Testing idea)

Btw, if you see a long horizontal window in the load screen, press F5, that is the old one.

Last edited:
    Years
    I made a new map (for the intro cutscene) and will be working on the weather + day night this evening. Also, I intentd to include a songtext thingie XP. There is a midid file of the pokemon title song in the intro. The text scrolls in the bottom so you can sing with it XP.

Okay, I have finnaly finished the first 251 their pokemon basestats and names...

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2006
    this game is truely amazing, the screenshots look cool in my opinion.
    i think you'll be able to finish this game,as seeming you're with scripting *cough* netplay plus *cough*

Years
    Pokémon - Another World

Working on the menu system... The screen tones to less colors, little bit graym the weather keeps playing on, aswell as the autotiles...

Edit:
    Pokémon - Another World

Edit2:
    I updated the screenie from above
    Pokémon - Another World

Press F5 if you still see the old screenshot.

Last edited:
    Back