• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - Another World

drem

a french user...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2008
    i looooove it !!! :)
    i have a cool (non pixel art) tileset for pokémon (created by me) .
    (if i can passe it for you with Messanger (LIVE)

Years
    Dont do it!! He will hack your msn!! O,,O (kidding!) Anyhoo, screenies look great! But one question, what do you use to make your game online with other people? It boggles my mind, o.0 unless your using something like MySql or something, but yea, tell me plz!

Years
    You can't just 'use' MySQL. I use a combination of Ruby (server application) and MySQL Database (DB Software)...

All scripted myself, off course. Then I used some WinAPI32 functions in RMXP to create a socket layer. Now, write me myself a Network class, conect and there you go.

Years
    Hmm...I think my brain blew up.. o.0 anyhoo, since your one of the few people who know what their doing, when I want a beta tester for my game, you want to be one? Just wondering, cuz I dont want just anyone, ehhe
    :P

Years
    If you want me too.

So I just finished the Exit Game option (intregrated in the menu, I don't use Scene_End anymore)
    I did integrate the actual saving in the menu, just not finished the display..

edit:

I won't bump until I got some new screenies, however some progress for the last few days:

I did set up the Pokemon Onject Setup functions, this includes methods for the IV's, DV's, Nature and PV. Also, I have made a method to calculate the expericne, catch_rate, did finish up the basic information and the base stats on the first 251 pokemon, this includes experience curves, did entered all the possible statussen and natures into the database and coded on the day night system (pretty right now :D)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2006
    the multiple save is a good idea, and the screenshots of the save and load look outstanding!

do you need some help with formulas or any other script?
    i almost finished all the formulas -> catch, exp, damage, multiply damage, and some more :)

i'm about to script a storage box, but i'm affraid i don't have the images :(
    (if anyone has those images, please pm them to me, thanks)

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    Good luck with this game, i see what the mystery behind the title screen is. I wouldn't want to spoil it for the people who have not. Keeping an eye for this and have fun making this game and the other people who is supporting/helping this game.

Years
    Hehe, thank you. Either way, I have done some enourmous database updates, but to bad not much game design this time. Sorry guys!

Back