• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Hi sorry im kind of a noob at this but how do i get the hack to apply to the fire red emulator because when i use the hack by its self the emulator just crashes or is there something else i need
Go to the guide. The links in the first post.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Pokémon AshGray Beta 2.0 is now available:

Pokémon AshGray Version - Beta 2.0

The Beta goes up to episode 50 - Who Gets to Keep Togepi. I've done my best to fix all the bugs or errors that I found, though I'm sure some new ones will have crept up. I've also added/updated some events from the old beta, including Virdian Forest and St. Anne, so I do recommend starting over if you've already played it.

Feel free to let me know what bugs you find or any improvements you think should be made.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Denali

C++ Programmer
Years
Pokémon AshGray Beta 2.0 is now available:

Pokémon AshGray Version - Beta 2.0

The Beta goes up to episode 50 - Who Gets to Keep Togepi. I've done my best to fix all the bugs or errors that I found, though I'm sure some new ones will have crept up. I've also added/updated some events from the old beta, including Virdian Forest and St. Anne, so I do recommend starting over if you've already played it.

Feel free to let me know what bugs you find or any improvements you think should be made.

Thanks! :)
Awesome Metapod!
I'll play through it once then continue the guide.... :)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I just re-uploaded Beta 2.0 because when I woke up this morning I had a sudden realization that there had to be trees behind Snorlax in the Wake Up Snorlax event - so I added that to the event. Everything else should be unchanged:

Pokemon AshGray 2.0

INV

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Great hack man :)
how do i keep moving after cerulean cap
i went down but the guard says that the road isnt opend and i dunno how to keep playing?im playing in beta 2
Thanks for helpers :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Utah
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
Hey Metapod23! I am an avid user of Pokemon ROM Hacks. Recently, I have been seeing some very well done hacks (only images of them) and have been itching to play them with my emulator, but they have been .IPS files and I am not sure how to open them. If you or anyone else who reads this could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
found a glitch. i can't even continue to play. somehow i ended up on route 5. went back to vermillion and then i talked to the boat guy. he warped me back on the boat but now what?

Years
I saw the video and it was great the part where
the pikachu jumped and the flash of light was great lol

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Great hack man :)
how do i keep moving after cerulean cap
i went down but the guard says that the road isnt opend and i dunno how to keep playing?im playing in beta 2
Thanks for helpers :)

Help in spoilers:
Spoiler:

found a glitch. i can't even continue to play. somehow i ended up on route 5. went back to vermillion and then i talked to the boat guy. he warped me back on the boat but now what?

Can you elaborate? How did you get to Route 5? From where? Were you on the St. Anne when you fainted?

As far as St. Anne, you're supposed to avoid fainting, hence Nurse Joy's speech. I've supplied more healers between St. Anne and Saffron as well for that purpose. I might have to add another warp from Kanto Ocean, though ...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've played the beta and finished all episodes up to Island of Giant Pokemon and it was awesome as always Metapod ;)
Here's bug report of episodes I've finished.

Route 1
When I escape from Spearows, for some reason I can't see Misty when she's talking.

I did not activate Ho-Oh's event since I missed the right tile, thanks to that I was able to reach Viridian... when I returned of course the event was activated but it was weird having bike in Viridian xD
You should put block of Spearows on the way to Viridian, or more tile scripts there.

Viridian City
I don't see this as a bug since it might be Fire Red's feature but I gotta mention it.
The first battle with Rockets is taken as first rival battle so Joy is helping me xD

Viridian Forest note : You might add some tile scripts with "I must rescue Metapod!" =D Even though I forgot to grab him right when Beedrils captured it, it's great script =)

Pewter City note : You misspelled Pikachu in Light Ball's script.

Route 3
First bug catcher you can battle has screwed before battle talk.
Instead of Hey! he says ey!

Cerulean Gym
Misty's talk is screwed big time!

Another wrong text :)
20100304201402.png

S.S Anne
Kinda weird look of PC xD
20100304204612.png

Another bug is that when you talk to man who's selling Magikarp the Money bar stays on the screen.

I'm not sure it should be like this xD
20100304205421.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Help in spoilers:
Spoiler:

Can you elaborate? How did you get to Route 5? From where? Were you on the St. Anne when you fainted?

As far as St. Anne, you're supposed to avoid fainting, hence Nurse Joy's speech. I've supplied more healers between St. Anne and Saffron as well for that purpose. I might have to add another warp from Kanto Ocean, though ...

i was at where team rock drags me into the silph co building and im trapped. I warped near saffrons north exit. Then there was a railing so I was stuck, so I had to go out and ended up on Route 5, then was stuck as I was sent back to vermillion instead of saffron =/

I'm going to start again though. I wan't to play this game it is just so fun.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2010
Hey, if i patch the new beta to the old AshGray/Fire Red Rom would i start where I left off on the last beta or do i have to start over from the begining

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I've played the beta and finished all episodes up to Island of Giant Pokemon and it was awesome as always Metapod ;)
Here's bug report of episodes I've finished.

Route 1
When I escape from Spearows, for some reason I can't see Misty when she's talking.

I did not activate Ho-Oh's event since I missed the right tile, thanks to that I was able to reach Viridian... when I returned of course the event was activated but it was weird having bike in Viridian xD
You should put block of Spearows on the way to Viridian, or more tile scripts there.

Viridian City
I don't see this as a bug since it might be Fire Red's feature but I gotta mention it.
The first battle with Rockets is taken as first rival battle so Joy is helping me xD

Viridian Forest note : You might add some tile scripts with "I must rescue Metapod!" =D Even though I forgot to grab him right when Beedrils captured it, it's great script =)

Pewter City note : You misspelled Pikachu in Light Ball's script.

Route 3
First bug catcher you can battle has screwed before battle talk.
Instead of Hey! he says ey!

Cerulean Gym
Misty's talk is screwed big time!

Another wrong text :)
20100304201402.png

S.S Anne
Kinda weird look of PC xD
20100304204612.png

Another bug is that when you talk to man who's selling Magikarp the Money bar stays on the screen.

I'm not sure it should be like this xD
20100304205421.png

Thanks for the bugs, Ash493. I'll get to work on them. :)

i was at where team rock drags me into the silph co building and im trapped. I warped near saffrons north exit. Then there was a railing so I was stuck, so I had to go out and ended up on Route 5, then was stuck as I was sent back to vermillion instead of saffron =/

I'm going to start again though. I wan't to play this game it is just so fun.

Hmm ... So the little girl warped you somewhere you weren't supposed to go? She's supposed to warp you outside the Poke Center.

EDIT: I tested this, and it sent me back to the Poke Center. When did you get warped to a place you were stuck?

Hey, if i patch the new beta to the old AshGray/Fire Red Rom would i start where I left off on the last beta or do i have to start over from the begining

Yes, you can if you change the name of the sav file. But keep in mind I changed around some variables and flags, so that could mess things up as you continue along.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
New bugs =)

Huh? You should check warps in Saffron 'cause for example I ended up in Vermilion just by this way - Mr. Psychic's house - getting outta there warps you to lookout station and if you go inside and then you wanna leave it you end up in Vermilion xD

Butterfree's script
Text after releasing Butterfree is messed up. And the script is repeating itself... I think the text messed up complete script.

Fuji's house : You should change what youngster, who's saying "Mr. Fuji isn't here", says since Mr.Fuji is home xD

Celadon fan club's script : You misspelled Hypnosis.

P1 GP's script : You misspelled Machop.

Weird place for tree to grow xD
20100305210019.png

Seems like tile/border error.
20100305215500.png

Another misspell
20100305221925.png

Years
After I get done with the Safari Zone events and get TM02 Dragon Claw, what do I do now? I want to get to Cycling Road south of Fuchsia City and I can't get a Bicycle. Nevermind, you talk to Nurse Joy to get the Medicine and Bicycle.

Last edited:
Back