• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Azure Horizions

Status
Not open for further replies.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
  • Nice.
    I don't really care about the text box or the sign, (you still did a good job though) but i hate it when the items and attacks are capatilized. It feels so much better when they are lowercase, nice job!
    Good luck!

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Hey guys! It's been a while since I've last updated (more than a month) and I do apologize for that. I just wasn't it the mood to hack for a couple of weeks but, during that little break I have been doing some work. Progress on the hack has been going on steadily, more areas have been created. I hope to get the first beta released by spring of this year. Anyways, I do have a TON of screens for you guys.

Spoiler:

Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    Nice screens.. Look forwrd to see some progress.. Just a question. Will you eventually meet your brother for a battle?

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Shouldn't the team tundra sprites look more winterish?
    Not like an eskimo or anything but i don't think people would wear t-shirts in the tundra.
    And you screwed up on the ledge in one of the new pics.
    There are 4 mountain ledges and only one top mountain ledge tile.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Nice screens.. Look forwrd to see some progress.. Just a question. Will you eventually meet your brother for a battle?
    I have some plans regarding the protagonist's brother... I don't want to reveal much.

Shouldn't the team tundra sprites look more winterish?
    Not like an eskimo or anything but i don't think people would wear t-shirts in the tundra.
    And you screwed up on the ledge in one of the new pics.
    There are 4 mountain ledges and only one top mountain ledge tile.
    I really don't know, I may change the uniforms later on if I feel like it. Trainer sprites are not a priority for me at the moment.

No, the ledges are not screwed up, that's just how it is and I thought it looked fine. I'll get to fixing that later.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Are there any updates, Frostbite? The thread is very quiet.....
    Err, there isn't anything much going on.

Currently I'm finishing up mapping areas in Beta 1 (3 more to go) and then going to focus on more scripting. If anyone hasn't noticed yet, I'm hoping to have Beta 1 released sometime in Spring (which is sometime soon) of this year, so keep your fingers crossed.

Also I was sick of bothering with the palettes so I've reverted to default FR/LG tree colors with Emerald colored grass.

I'm also thinking of adding a few features revolving around collecting certain items. It'll be kinda of a rewards system or something like that. Unfortunately I don't think that the said features will appear in Beta 1. I really don't want to reveal much... yet.

Note that some screenshots may be broken, I moved them around in my Photobucket account. I'll get to restoring them later.

Last edited:

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
    Years
  • looks nice. it would be cool if you could change the hero/heroine sprite to something different. there are so many hacks with plain fr/lg sprites on, make yours unique and change it! good luck with the hack.

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Great news! I've finished mapping all of the areas that will appear in Beta 1. I've started on scripting a while ago, I already have some few scripts done. I plan to release Beta 1 soon. An example of some of the scripts.

Pokémon: Azure Horizions
    Pokémon: Azure Horizions

It's the Coastline Café!

It's a café similar to the one in D/P. Unfortunately, this area wont be in Beta 1 but shows some of the various scripts done.

That's all for now.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Hey! Frostbite! That video was very nice;) This hack is very nice;) I can't believe nobody has posted here in so long! I just want you to know that I support you. You have inspired me to hack even when there is no feedback. This all looks amazing! BOL!

bazzaroony

Pokemon Topaz Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2009
    wow

wow dude this look pretty impressive especialy the tiles, the story line is nice!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back