• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Iris is a..

Don't know if this is discussed or not, but she's a Gym Leader. The last one, to be exact. A Dragon Gym Leader. Her and Shaga, who's the alternate gym leader.

So wait, Dento and Iris are kinda like....Brock and Misty. So does this mean we're starting all over again?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Don't know if this is discussed or not, but she's a Gym Leader. The last one, to be exact. A Dragon Gym Leader. Her and Shaga, who's the alternate gym leader.

So wait, Dento and Iris are kinda like....Brock and Misty. So does this mean we're starting all over again?

Not quite, since it is probably going to take until the end of the region for Ash to discover that Iris is a Gym Leader, whereas he discovered that Misty was one early on as well. Besides, We don't even know if she is even supposed to be a Gym Leader in this continuity, either. Remember, in Black and White, there are actually two different Gym Leaders between the versions: In Black, we have some white haired caucasian old man named Shaga, and in White we have Iris. Until we find out exactly which route the Anime will take, we cannot assume that it is guaranteed that Iris will be the Gym Leader. Maybe if Iris was the Gym Leader in both versions, then it would have been very likely, if not 100% guaranteed, that she'll be the eighth Gym Leader. However, right now, it's more like 50% Guaranteed, maybe 33.3% Guaranteed or 67% Guaranteed depending on whether BW's third version has an entirely different gym leader from Shaga or Iris/Shaga is the gym leader again in the third version, or Iris is the gym leader in the third version as well, respectively.

Years
  • Oh crap I just realized:

Pokemon Black, a white dude.

Pokemon White, a black girl.

...Let the racism ensure.

Anyway, I hope B/W works out. I like this region, and I'd hate to see this be screwed up. Which can't be that hard to do, this region is awesome.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I'd say Professor Olivia or Professor Holly. I dunno. Just googling whatever to do with trees. That's what it comes to for professors I guess.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well guys, here I am to update you on a new preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ESG3GuUmE

Some few points

-Ash is still 10, the guy said so in an interview so there Pearlshipping can happen cuz there the same age muhahaha...

-Ash oddly enough is seen swining on a vine???

-Team Rocket escapes in a cool way.

-We see Ash's mom and Oak leaving with the new girl. Either there going back home or going back to the lab. Its scarry seeing Oak and Ash's mom together like that, yes go home and make babies oh the horror!

Over all, it looks like such an awesome series. I have a feeling Ash will be catching all the starters by the first gym??? Or at least the bird. the grass type and water so...

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • The only thing I got out of that video is that I want Brad Swaile to voice the green haired guy, which isn't going to happen sadly. Maybe then I could actually learn his name and stop calling him green haired guy. The rest of the video looks like business as usual really. Nothng for me to get excited about.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Uh, isn't it established his name in Dento or Dent?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Yup, it's Dento.

I see the possibility of Ash obtaining all three starters again after that preview, yet I'm still hoping for the possibility that he just obtains Tsutaja and Mijumaru - Mijumaru getting a little bit more attention so it can evolve (which I believe it will) and finally give Ash an evolved, powerhouse water Pokémon.

As for Pokabu, I hope Iris gets it, yet I see that a bit unlikely now since according to her Gym Leader status, she specializes in Dragon types. Still, there's hope, considering there aren't a whole lot of Dragon types and the fact that she's probably going to get different types depending on what they want to do with her as the 8th gym leader and Shaga.

Team Rocket looks a lot more competent than before though. Right now, they're interesting me just a bit more than the main group, which in a way is good yet still disappointing. How conflicting. >_<

The Red Chain

I see the possibility of Ash obtaining all three starters again after that preview, yet I'm still hoping for the possibility that he just obtains Tsutaja and Mijumaru - Mijumaru getting a little bit more attention so it can evolve (which I believe it will) and finally give Ash an evolved, powerhouse water Pokémon.

Team Rocket looks a lot more competent than before though. Right now, they're interesting me just a bit more than the main group, which in a way is good yet still disappointing. How conflicting. >_<
    I see the first possibility as well. There was that preview where all three starters got bonked with a Pokeball. Pokabu and Tsutaaja seemed cheery about it, like they had befriended whoever tossed the ball beforehand like Ash sometimes does with his Pokemon. Mijumaru seemed a little shocked, but not angry. I'm really unsure, but it is for certain that Ash has Mijumaru at least, and this makes me extremely happy! ^__^

I'm hoping that there are two Tsutaaja in this anime. Shooti has one, this is definite. They showed the use of Grass Mixer on Ash's Pikachu in their battle, but not the Pokemon it came from. It's obviously Tsutaaja. The first Tsutaaja I heard sounded very much like a male.. the deep "tuh" with the smirk at the screen. Then later we had a preview with a higher pitched Tsutaaja who was shown to be female by her use of Attract. She also had a tall grass background behind her in a few scenes, a natural habitat for a "Grass Snake" Pokemon. She was also battling Ash's Pikachu on her own consent. Maybe she's wild and there are actually two Tsutaaja? I certainly hope so!

Oh and as for Dento's name, the Japanese variation of the word dent would call for an o after the t. So.. his name is technically both? As for Team Rocket.. they seem to have gotten "serious training" from Giovanni. They don't seem as goofy anymore. I'm honestly not sure if I should be happy or sad about that. XD;

Edit ; Omfg! I thought I saw something weird. Upon watching this trailer I spotted Tsutaaja at the end holding something peculiar. I paused it and I caught this!

Spoiler:

Look at that strange thing she is holding. It looks very similar to an egg to me. Now I know what you're thinking, the other eggs in the anime are huge. Think about it though, if Tsutaaja lays an egg, would it really be that big? Her body is tiny. There is no way an egg as big as her body would be laid. It couldn't be a berry.. none of the berries look anything like that, and even they are bigger than that tiny thing.

So.. what do you think it is?

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Edit ; Omfg! I thought I saw something weird. Upon watching this trailer I spotted Tsutaaja at the end holding something peculiar. I paused it and I caught this!

Spoiler:

Look at that strange thing she is holding. It looks very similar to an egg to me. Now I know what you're thinking, the other eggs in the anime are huge. Think about it though, if Tsutaaja lays an egg, would it really be that big? Her body is tiny. There is no way an egg as big as her body would be laid. It couldn't be a berry.. none of the berries look anything like that, and even they are bigger than that tiny thing.

As far as I can make out of it, I seems like Tsutaja is unleashing some special attack. But maybe I should watch the trailer again to be sure about it.

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Sine Iris is only an alternate, he dad or whoever the other alternate will probabbly be the real Gym Leader, or at least the one Ash battles.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I was wondering which Pokemon would be biting Jame's head this time? Every time there is a Pokemon for that job. XD James' Pokemon love him a lot. For Kanto and Jhoto is was Victreebel, for Hoenn it was Cancea and for Sinnoh, Carnivine was for the job.

Blaque

[ B L A C K ]
    Years
  • As far as I can make out of it, I seems like Tsutaja is unleashing some special attack. But maybe I should watch the trailer again to be sure about it.

I was wondering which Pokemon would be biting Jame's head this time? Every time there is a Pokemon for that job. XD James' Pokemon love him a lot. For Kanto and Jhoto is was Victreebel, for Hoenn it was Cancea and for Sinnoh, Carnivine was for the job.
    It's definitely holding something. Which brings up an interesting point. I don't know if it's an egg, but if it is, I wonder if that'll change the idea of Ash receiving Tsutaja - although a Pokéball was seen thrown at it.

As for James' new friendly-biting Pokémon, that's hard to say. I'm sure it'll be a Grass-type, but I couldn't say which one; at least not without seeing all of them. On another note, I'm pretty sure Jessie will have a Koromori though.

Sine Iris is only an alternate, he dad or whoever the other alternate will probabbly be the real Gym Leader, or at least the one Ash battles.
    I still think it's possible for Ash to battle Iris for his last gym badge. It would be their significant battle like Ash vs. Misty, Ash vs. May, and Ash. vs. Dawn (although, I can't really point out the last one).

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I still think it's possible for Ash to battle Iris for his last gym badge. It would be their significant battle like Ash vs. Misty, Ash vs. May, and Ash. vs. Dawn (although, I can't really point out the last one).

There was no Ash versus Dawn.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Hmm... Smugleaf is probably holding some kind of berry. I also noticed Iris was holding something in earlier trailers. It was just a berry. Berries come in multiple sizes. It is also unreasonable for it to be an egg, look at how damn small it is.

Well, I'm psyched for the hour special. Although it's gonna air in two days during my morning, I'm gonna have to wait to come back afterschool, buy some buffalo wings, and eat meh buffalo wings while watching Pokemon Best Wishes. But I'll probably be pooped from a math competition the same day so don't expect a live review from me >__>

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • There was no Ash versus Dawn.
    Not if you count the tag team battle between Ash & Paul vs. Dawn & Conway, but I agree there was no actual one on one battle like what Ash, Dawn, and Misty shared. So, I'm thinking it'll be the perfect opportunity for Iris to battle Ash for his 8th gym badge considering she grows a lot as a trainer by then.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    i hope the starters clinch in the US version of best wishes cute, too. because i saw the best wishes JP promo, and i like them :)

i never thought iris is the 8th gym leader in pokemon white :O but seriously fun =)

Last edited:

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
  • Edit ; Omfg! I thought I saw something weird. Upon watching this trailer I spotted Tsutaaja at the end holding something peculiar. I paused it and I caught this!

Spoiler:

Ummm...have you ever considered it to be just a plain pebble? That's all I see when I look at this .

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • With the start of Best Wishes now, I think this thread has run its course. Instead of having an official Best Wishes Speculation or Wish List thread, I'm just going to leave it up to members to work their creative minds and make individual threads on Best Wishes and topics they want members here to discuss.

Best Wishes

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back