• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Black 2 or Pokémon White 2?

Which do you plan on getting?

• Pokémon Black 2

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • Pokémon White 2

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Both

Votes: 27 32.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    My choice of getting Black and White isn't really going to determine which one I get this time. I'm choosing whichever mascot design looks best to me, and that has to be White Kyurem. So whichever game from the two have the mascot will be the one I'm choosing, and my brother would get the other. So I guess technically I'd be getting both?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I will probably get the version different to the one I already got - that is, Pokemon Black 2, given I have White. Not yet decided mind, but that's what I'm leaning towards atm.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd have to say White 2 since White Kyurem looks somewhat better than Black Kyurem if you ask me lol. Oh and I prefer the exclusives on White over that of the Black exclusives for the most part so if they make a return than I'm easily sold for White 2.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I don't care if it's a sequel or a director's cut all I know is that I'm going to get the game with the Kyurem/Zekrom hybrid guy. Not that I'll ever use him/her but having him/her in my PC just makes it feel more awesome.

EDIT: By the way, does anyone if these will be for DS or just 3DS? ... or Wii U :I

The US site says it's for DS and you can play it in 2D on your 3DS.

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • Whatever version that does not contain the Reshiram one. I cannot describe how much i dislike that one. The Zekrom one isn't pretty either, but diffidently the lesser of two evils.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    I can't decide...I can only get two games a year and I already got HeartGold for the first game. Maybe I'll find out when there are more details.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Based strictly on the mascot designs, I'll probably go with Pokémon White 2. Though, I'll probably switch to Black if they change around the version exclusives.

Victini

I hope the mascots are switched this time...

I-I want to stick with White 2 due to Reuniclus and various other version exclusives... but on the other hand I really want the Reshykem. ;////;

Shucks! ;;

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I think you're supposed to get the sequel to the version you played, so I'll get Black 2. White Zekrom looks cooler IMO, and I can always trade someone for White Kyurem.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll get both, as per usual. I'm debating on importing though. Normally, games are released in Japan in September, a month after my birthday, so my grandmother imports one for me as a late present. But June is two months before, so idk. I might just save up and pay for it myself. Since I imported White, I think I'll import B2 this time, and then get W2 in English. But whatever I end up deciding, I will get both versions. I own every main series game, excluding Green, and that's not about to change! lol Unless someone wants to get Green for me... :3

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Depending on the European release date I'll probably import one version from Japan then pick up the other when its released over here. Unless it's released a month or two after the Japanese release which I highly doubt then I will end up with both B2 & W2.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Like some people, I'll probably buy whichever has White Kyurem in it that you can catch.
    Surely white Kyurem looks better to me, not to mention I'm a fan of Reshiram ! <3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I hope the mascots are switched this time...

I-I want to stick with White 2 due to Reuniclus and various other version exclusives... but on the other hand I really want the Reshykem. ;////;

Shucks! ;;
    Well looking at the background of the two mascots, it looks like White Kyurem will be in White 2 whereas the Black Kyurem will be in Black 2. Plus the text color could indicate that as well.

But I'm hoping for this as well, to be honest. I chose Black out of the two only for Reshiram (and I couldn't go back on my decision because my brother didn't want to give up getting White! u_u) and the version exclusives were just meh. So here's to hoping White Kyurem is the mascot for White 2, so I can get that and be satisfied. ...Unless they switch version exclusives then that would just be a tease. :(

Back