• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Black & White: Rival Destinies

Rival Destinies - Like the name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    aye do u kno where i can watch the subbed episodes at

Can someone tell me where i can watch rival destinies episodes japanese vesion

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • That theme song means Japan isn't getting a new one, at least not for Best Wishes. Rival Destinies will probably last us until the league is over at approx. BW105.
    May last around past the 7th Gym or right after 8th. But yeah I can see it lasting to the league. IRRC they don't have seasons so I doubt it will change, if anything it will be the ending that changes as its already did multiple times already.

aye do u kno where i can watch the subbed episodes at

Can someone tell me where i can watch rival destinies episodes japanese vesion
    You are prohibited to ask for episodes online. Not to mention this topic doesn't pertain to Subs but the dub season. There is no "Japanese Rival Destinies" anyways.

Years
  • I saw the new intro, today. Song-wise, I actually don't mind it, as I found it rather catchy (and getting used to a duet of singers). I like the fact it was 45 seconds, when the previous one was 31, I think. I just wish TPCI could have done what 4Kids did with the Johto League Champions OP, and hire OLM to create exclusive-for-English-dub animation, instead of clips non-stop. Oh, well.

Not their fault, per se, as the Best Wishes OP is still the one being used in Japan. I've certainly noticed how the Japanese don't update with a new OP as often as they used to, or starting with D/P. Together was, what, 70-80 episodes before High Touch, or something? The previous rate was 50-60 episodes, so things change.

Here's Bulbapedia's breakdown:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rival_Destinies_(song)

I also have to agree with Jorah's assessment, as the titles are there to basically tell apart seasons, which Japanese television doesn't really do. And I have to second gamerdna223's comment that it does sound like a TCG expansion title, which is, actually, Next Destinies. Heh. Wonder if that was intentional. Hmm.... Anyway, if anyone is interested, that's my take.

Next comment to be posted in 6 months or less. Heh.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    :O Charaxes you're alive.

I watched the opening, and it's actually quite nice. The yelling of "Pokemon" made me jump a bit at the end, though XD

I just wish TPCI could have done what 4Kids did with the Johto League Champions OP, and hire OLM to create exclusive-for-English-dub animation, instead of clips non-stop. Oh, well.

That was completely different. The original Japanese opening had *gasp* katakana flying around. And we can't have kiddies being exposed to foreign languages now, can we? So it must be eliminated.

I sort of wish little bits could've came from the ending themes, but the opening animation isn't too bad. It's just all the random clips makes it seem so choppy.

Years
  • I like the song but as someone mentioned elsewhere, it sounds the same as every other opening the dub has been getting lately (at least I think so)... :P Too bad they had to use clip shows, takes away from the whole thing imho.

Nezumirai

Doppelganger
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    (Yet again, they've been reduced to only showing clips instead of a clever intro like the old generations...)

I'm pretty indifferent. It's about time they came back with a better song. x3

Years
  • HAH! As soon as I heard it on the episode I felt disappointment, thinking that this is the worst theme song so far.
    But as no Pokemon music is bad music and therefore must be awesome, I just fixed the bad thought: listened to it repetitively until I brainwashed myself into liking it, and heck it worked! (as I needed done a few times before but it always comes successful :)

"..We are together now, friends forever now"...

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Nope. And I don't like the theme song neither.
    Rival Destinies... A lack of inspiration emanate from this name. What's next? "Power of friendship" or something like that? It is disappointning...
    And the opening is bad. Actually it is a beautiful opening, concerning the visual, but the song is... Boring. Pokémons songs are full of energy, they rock, we wanna sing along with them, dancing (sometimes they are the best part of the episode so they'd better be awesome...) ! And this one is... The second worst opening after the 10th for me.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't like the name of this season or the song it irks me to no end. The dub theme songs reveal too much! And I hope this season gets to at least the seventh gym. Because the first season only got to the first three before ending.

Back