• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Breakdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I like the concept of the game and the idea of the palettes but they're way too green.
    I think some minor changes would do a bit better.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    The only purpose of betas is for people to report Glitches, and of course to fend off fans. Why is this a surprise to find them?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    True, I guess but there is just too many bugs sorry to say (No offence to Poke-Roy)

Years
    Awesome Roy!
    *Downloads*

I'll be playing it later, I'm playing ( beating ) Guitar hero with my stepdad
    'Thanks..Good luck..XD

Nice looking hack, Poke-Roy.

But... the way you said the starters will be different... I want to take a crack at it:

Safari Zone? It's possible, and believe me, I have done it... oops! Said too much...
    Nah I already got something for it...

Yeah I found a bug in the lab

Pokémon Breakdown!

If you look at the left side the top left guys head is cut off
    I know I already knew that got to fix it..

What do you do after you get your pokemon? (I got aipom, and i'm happy!)

There are a couple of glitches though.
    1. in the lab, there are movement permissions glitches.

Pokémon Breakdown!

Thanks gonna fix that as soon as possible
    2. after talking to him, before getting your pokemon, he walks into you and stays there.
    3. after the professor walks into you, if you don't move up, the proffessor will give you a potion and pokeballs and you can't get a starter (had to reset my rom because this happened to me)
    Hmm..yea...got to find something else for it...
    4. Like Kerox said, the aids head is chopped off a bit.

The only real problematic glitch is the one where you don't get a pokemon though, but i liked the way you get it, i believe i saw the script in the scrapbox on one of the threads.

Oh, and nice tiltlescreen! Also, why does the proffessor look just like you?
    XD the OW are in the make..XD

Might I suggest something? Try to make a big story with all the legendarys.
    Uhmm..No rather not

Please, report any glitches with the Script for the Pokemon here.
    Tell me what questions were asked and answered, and when your error occured, and what specifically happened
    :)
    idd (EV was the maker of the script) huge creds...:D

Yeah.., well...
    Spoiler:

thanks for pointing al those errors out..:D

Also, where to go next after the lab..?
    Nowhere it's just a pre-beta

This game is really glitchy, and i think he released it too early.
    And i think the betas over after you get your starter pokemon
    (more like a pre-pre-pre beta)
    its just a pre-beta

After I get the starter..? I don't even have a starter... T_T
    XD

After the proffesor walks into you, go up and press A on the computer or you can't get a starter (one of the glitches)
    Yes you have to do some things yourself..XD

Did you get the pokeballs first aswell? If so you'd just have to start again.
    I think it's becasue the prof, (is the person who gives you the pokemon supposed to look like you?) walks over your sprite and that allow us the option of walking left and then up, activating the givepokeball script, making the prof walk one step up and us not beoing able to talk to the computer. I hope that wasn't worded too confusingly. I'll show a video if you need more explanation.

I guess it's good to see EV's script isn't going to waste.

Yeah, there are too many for a pre-beta with under 5 minutes of gameplay. You released it way too early. You should have just taken your time and done a bit more and then released it. (This was, itman1234 said, more like a pre-pre-pre beta.)
    Maybe it's more than 5 minutes, can you go any further after getting your pokemon, or is that it?

Oh and I liked you changed all the people to speak in a similiar colour. Now, there's no troubles with having the person speaking with the wrong colour.
    It was a good beginning.
    Thanks..I know the script with getting the itemss etc. still needs some perfectioning and I wanted the pre-beta maybe a little to fast to come..
    But It was really nut a beta more to take a look how I am doing in the hack and not to really "play";)

The starter Pokemon script is absolutely incredible. I spent nearly half an hour trying to figure out all the forks in the logic. A starter Pokemon customized to your own personality based on your own interaction! This is revolutionary. It's like one of those "Which pokemon are you?" quizzes, but each time you answer a question, the next question becomes adaptively dependent on your previous choices. When I specifically thought to try for a Gastly, I actually got one by answering according to the traits I thought a Ghastly would personify.

Truly marvelous. Is this script your own brainchild?
    No im not that smart..XD
    It's a greatly made script by Earthsvisitor..:D

Aww i cant download i don know why?

What is this?:P ''There was an error processing your request; it appears to be invalid or there was an error with your conection. Please wait while your request is retried...

If you need further help with a download, please contact FileFront support.''
    I don't know everyone else seems to have downloaded it so maybe it's your connection to the site or something like that.

It came from an idea, I have for Legend of Dragons, or EV had the same idea. I'm not too sure. I guess Poke-Roy got his out before I got mine out. Earthsvisitor wrote this script and it's found in the scrapbox.
    No comments on that..XD

I agree with Itman, Poke-Roy probaly releashed the beta abit too early...
    Yeah...It's like I said in the reply to quadruple the ;)

Wheeeeeeee! My starter's a Mareep! =3
    Awesome! A cute little Mareep! And the starter PKMN is awesome! It's like a Mystery Dungeon styled starter PKMN (kinda like my idea for a next hack also, but this one rocks!) :)

Well, it is still a pre-beta/alpha, btw, and so it's still looks that way, but it's very lovely (yet very short for a prealpha/beta)... But oh well...

Always keep up the good work~
    Thank you very much..:)
    I see that the new way of getting pokemon works very good for everyone..:D

I like the concept of the game and the idea of the palettes but they're way too green.
    I think some minor changes would do a bit better.
    No I really arent going to change something to the palettes...(alright maybe the trees) but further nothing..

What pokemon did you guys get, I got a Horsea lol
    I got a machop I think but I didn't really answer for real..XD

The only purpose of betas is for people to report Glitches, and of course to fend off fans. Why is this a surprise to find them?
    idd...

True, I guess but there is just too many bugs sorry to say (No offence to Poke-Roy)
    I don't feel offended..;)
    It's okay to say what you think..:D

New professor OW by me..:D
    Pokémon Breakdown!

What do you all think of it?

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    I do have to say pokeroy, the script for the starter is really good, aside from the glitch of not getting one.

I like how it works.
    I have another question, is there going to be a rival in this game? I don't think so, but i'm just asking.
    (my starter was aipom :-) )

Years
    I do have to say pokeroy, the script for the starter is really good, aside from the glitch of not getting one.

I like how it works.
    I have another question, is there going to be a rival in this game? I don't think so, but i'm just asking.
    (my starter was aipom :-) )
    Thanks..:) (but all the credits for that go to Earthsvisitor)
    And I am fixing the prof script and changing the LAB (new machine for the pokemon picker*creds for machine go to mimey with little adjustment from me)
    And there won't be a rival I think it will become your friend...like in D/P...
    And you can get 32 different pokemon with that script..:D

Your prof. looks cool :D I love his hair xD

Try to save it as .png tho xD
    Thanks..:D
    Here it is in png! (little changed)

Pokémon Breakdown!

But I did something stupid made it over the oak sprite forgot that I need the oak sprite to..XD
    Now I got to make the whole oak sprite..:P (but I only need it at almost the end I think..:)

a QUESTION How do I make the player go over a tile and not under..? I can't seem to find a way tried almost everything..

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    To get him to go over, either put the tile in the below section, or check the background bytes of other tiles and add them to that one.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Nice new proffesor! Lovely. I am sorry if I ever sound rude on my previous posts before, PokeRoy.., I forgot that it was only a Prebeta/alpha... Anyways, I am looking forward for more lovely progress. ;)

Best of luck~

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It's funny how people forget sometimes, they bash the hacker to death, and the release is only like a pre-beta.

Years
    To get him to go over, either put the tile in the below section, or check the background bytes of other tiles and add them to that one.
    Í will try that..:D

Nice new proffesor! Lovely. I am sorry if I ever sound rude on my previous posts before, PokeRoy.., I forgot that it was only a Prebeta/alpha... Anyways, I am looking forward for more lovely progress. ;)

Best of luck~
    No every negative sounding post I see I take as a example to make my hack better so they can't say it anymore..XD

It's funny how people forget sometimes, they bash the hacker to death, and the release is only like a pre-beta.
    *comes back to live*Nah it's not bashing me dead..XD but htanks for the comment...

We don't want to "bash him to death", we just want to point out the glitches, so he can improve his hack.
    idd...that is how I look at it to..;)

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Thats what i like about you pokeroy, you except constructive criticism and embrace it, and that kind of thing is what is going to make your hack good.
    This should be how everyone else feels about it, and not automatically flame the person and ignore it.
    Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2011
    LOVELY PALLETES. I JUST FALL IN LOVE WHI THOSE TREES. Keep up the good work!

Years
    Thats what i like about you pokeroy, you except constructive criticism and embrace it, and that kind of thing is what is going to make your hack good.
    This should be how everyone else feels about it, and not automatically flame the person and ignore it.
    Keep up the good work!
    Thanks..:)

LOVELY PALLETES. I JUST FALL IN LOVE WHI THOSE TREES. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks..

New screens:
    Pokémon Breakdown!
    Pokémon Breakdown!

I am trying to fix the little tile error

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    The title screen looks simple amazing though maybe it could have another colour other than black lol

Lupe

isn't she cute...
    Years
    the "down" word in the titlescreen is almost invisible and the celebi pose before was better

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I love the new look of the laboratory, Poke-Roy! ;)
    The title screen kinda needs more work, though, and could you change the title screen cry..?

Years
    The title screen looks simple amazing though maybe it could have another colour other than black lol
    Thanks..I was thinking of a little more greyish..

the "down" word in the titlescreen is almost invisible and the celebi pose before was better
    'but that pose was very pixely...

I love the new look of the laboratory, Poke-Roy! ;)
    The title screen kinda needs more work, though, and could you change the title screen cry..?
    Thanks...I will take a look for the cry..I dont hear that for my self because my soundcard is broken..XD

:EDIT:
    I think I am going to restart this hack because I want to put in new tiles (I cant do that now because the tiles get screwed up because I changed the palettess)
    So Im gonna restart..XD
    Im not so far now so I can easily do that and work back to the point I am now in a few days maybe a week or 2..XD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back