• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Pokémon card Catalogue

Days
    • Seen Jul 12, 2023
    Hi guys

My son has started to sort out his Pokémon cards he has accumulated over the last 5 or so years. Moving them from just a box into sleeves.

I see he has some holo and reverse holo, foil cards. I am lost. The most comprehensive catalogue I can find is Pokellector but it does not mention the card variants

My profession is a banknote dealer and I know in my world each variant of a banknote has a new catalogue number to was expecting this out of Pokémon cards but can't find anything.

Is there a catalogue (book or online) or app that goes into all this?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Since Expedition, I believe all non-holo cards in a given set (barring Basic Energy) have had a "reverse" variant, despite sharing the same collector's number as the regular version.

Noticed that newer sets in Japan have more than one reverse style to collect though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In quite a few sets, even the Basic Energy get reverse holo variants, actually.

Other than that, yeah, the reverse holos work as above. Same collector number, just in a foil form.

Hi guys

My son has started to sort out his Pokémon cards he has accumulated over the last 5 or so years. Moving them from just a box into sleeves.

I see he has some holo and reverse holo, foil cards. I am lost. The most comprehensive catalogue I can find is Pokellector but it does not mention the card variants

My profession is a banknote dealer and I know in my world each variant of a banknote has a new catalogue number to was expecting this out of Pokémon cards but can't find anything.

Is there a catalogue (book or online) or app that goes into all this?

Best tracker for tracking variants that I've found is tcgcollector.com. Downside to them is that when they eventually move to being a paid site (and not in beta), their free tracking will be limited to only being able to add 400 cards in total to a collection. And they may miss variants as they require some official proof that the variant exists before they'll add a variant to their database.

Back