• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Choose your own Adventure [REDUX]: Hoenn Edition

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
  • The smash hit game by Kyain returns!

i'm kidding about smash hit

If you remember this, you'll also remember that it died. :(

Well this time, it won't die, and I promise to keep this as active as possible.

You know those choose your own adventure books, right? Well, I (and in the past, others) have thought of making a game of that, and here it is!

I'll make a scenario, and at the end of that scenario, list choices that everyone can pick from. The fun is trying to get what you want picked and seeing the outcomes. The option that gets three votes wins. Some options, mainly stuff like catching Pokémon, will use a dice roll to decide the outcome.

Also Hoenn because OR/AS. :p

Anyways, let's begin, shall we? ;)

Scenario:
    You're Brendan, a kid from Johto who's moved to Hoenn because of your father, presumably. Your mom forces you to ride in the moving truck to Hoenn, which is pretty uncomfortable.

The truck comes to a screeching halt, and some boxes fall on your head. The door on the truck opens and you step outside, disgruntled of course.

"We made it here safely!" Your mom says cheerfully. "YOU made it here safely," you correct her. "I had to ride in the moving truck."

"This is Littleroot Town," she says, ignoring your correction. "It's pretty quaint, but it seems like a nice place to live, don't you think? Let's go inside."

You follow inside, maybe there's a bed to lay down on to rest your head.

"See, isn't it nice in here too? Those Vigoroth do all the heavy lifting and putting away of our things. Isn't Pokémon labor convenient?!" She says excitedly. Then her tone becomes more calm.

"Your dad sent a clock here for you to mark our arrival with. I'm sure it's already upstairs. You should set it."

You agree with her and go upstairs. After setting the clock, you lay down for a few hours.

After laying down, your head feels much better, and you head downstairs. Your mom is watching TV, and upon seeing you, she tells you to hurry over which you do. On TV, there's a report in front of a gym.

"...coming to you, live from Petalburg Gym! This was Gabby, signing out! And now back to you Castor."

"Oh, you missed it. Your father was on...too bad." She says, expecting to see some disappointment.

Then she perks up. "Oh, one of your dad's friends live here. Professor Birch is his name. Maybe you should go over to his lab and meet him."

"Anything to leave this house," you think to yourself. Your mom's...slightly annoying.

You step outside, and on your way to the lab, you bump into a girl:
    Pokémon: Choose your own Adventure [REDUX]: Hoenn Edition

"Oh, sorry." she says, dusting herself off. "...I've never seen you before. Who are you?"

"I'm Brendan," you tell her. "I just moved in next door."
    o
    "Oh, I've heard a lot about you! Isn't your dad the gym leader of Petalburg?" she says, smiling. "Well, I'm May, it's nice to meet you!"

At this point, you have a few responses to give to May. What will it be???

Choices:

1. "It's nice to meet you too."
    2. "You look like you have a Pokémon, can you catch me one?"
    3. "May? That's a beautiful name."
    4. "May? Your name must really be July because you're hot."

Your Stats:
    Team
    Spoiler:

Money
    $3000
    Items
    Spoiler:

Boxes
    Spoiler:

Post away!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Gotta choose 4!
    "May? Your name must really be July because you're hot."

Skystrike

Years
  • Choice Roundup

1. "It's nice to meet you too." Votes: 0
    2. "You look like you have a Pokémon, can you catch me one?" Votes: 0
    3. "May? That's a beautiful name." Votes: 0
    4. "May? Your name must really be July because you're hot." Votes: 1

;)

Hopefully more post. :D

Skystrike

Years
  • Choice Roundup

1. "It's nice to meet you too." Votes: 1
    2. "You look like you have a Pokémon, can you catch me one?" Votes: 0
    3. "May? That's a beautiful name." Votes: 1
    4. "May? Your name must really be July because you're hot." Votes: 1

Skystrike

Years
  • "May? Your name must really be July because you're hot."

May stares at you, clearly unimpressed and disinterested in your...advances. "You know, we just met, right?" she says. "I thought we could be friends."

"Well, you ARE pretty!" you say, hoping that it would help the situation. It just makes the situation more awkward.

"...I just remembered, I had to catch some Pokémon for my dad. See you later." May walks off and you know you missed your chance.

Brendan gained 1 Awkward Point!

After she leaves, you continue onto the lab, until you hear a faint cry for help:

"Someone, HELP! Anyone who's able bodied and near, help!"

Someone's clearly in trouble. You should probably go help them...

Or you could just mind your business and go into the lab. It's your choice.

Choices

1. Go see what's happening on Route 101
    2. Go into the lab
    (Yeah I know that was too quick, I put this on a different forum so I copy pasted the response and don't know if I'm going to close this one or make it different somehow or...)

Back