• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKéMON CHRYSOCOLLA

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2023
    to say im excited would be an understatement, manage to find the first video on your channel on my recomended tab and the game just hits different. its the simple fact that it LOOKS different. so many rom hacks uses the same tiles so everything just ends up looking the same but this is different. its uranium and pokemon flux quality different. also seeing that sneasel sprite makes me think there will be different sprites for other pokemon to so thats always a joy to find.

Days
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    I just had to make an account just to complement this, it's looking great so far. If you're in need of a tester hit me up.

heyo

HEYO!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    to say im excited would be an understatement, manage to find the first video on your channel on my recomended tab and the game just hits different. its the simple fact that it LOOKS different. so many rom hacks uses the same tiles so everything just ends up looking the same but this is different. its uranium and pokemon flux quality different. also seeing that sneasel sprite makes me think there will be different sprites for other pokemon to so thats always a joy to find.

Appreciate it! I 100% agree, I get turned off when I see reused assets from other's tilesets or from gen 4 games, so I wanted to take the extra step of making lots of original.

I just had to make an account just to complement this, it's looking great so far. If you're in need of a tester hit me up.

Thank you! If I start reaching out, I will keep you in mind.

These tiles look awesome, any chance you could share the link where you got them?

Appreciate it! They were made by me :)

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • Bruh. I will be paying very close attention to the progress of this hack. The screenshots look very promising and title screen is amazing af

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hm4zNA2.gif

From the screenshot it looks beautiful and reminding me of pokemon gaia.

I don't know if the game will ever finish because one thing i learn from playing rom hack is not hoping too much because it can come and suddenly go. Don't overwork yourself so you don't lose interest in game or worse case getting sick so in the end stay healthy and stay safe👍🏻

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Aug 28, 2023
    Hello Chris,

Just done with watching your video from a few months old as you showed up in my recommendations.

Just wanted to let you know that I am a programmer and if I need any help on the coding/scriping side of things I will be happy to help.

Good luck on the project and hope you will get it fixed/finished soon.

heyo

HEYO!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hello Chris,

Just done with watching your video from a few months old as you showed up in my recommendations.

Just wanted to let you know that I am a programmer and if I need any help on the coding/scriping side of things I will be happy to help.

Good luck on the project and hope you will get it fixed/finished soon.

Appreciate it! Shoot me a DM with some examples of your work, I'd be happy to check it out. :)

Days
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    are you still working on this romhack? I was really looking forward to this but I don't think it's coming as I never seen an update video or any indication of you working on it which is disheartening

Years
  • are you still working on this romhack? I was really looking forward to this but I don't think it's coming as I never seen an update video or any indication of you working on it which is disheartening

The creator of the hack just posted on August 12th, this hack is very much being worked on. It is actually in the bug fixing faze for its first release. It just doesn't have a release window until the creator feels like sharing one.

Edit: @heyo, have you already decided the gym levels if so could you share them so I can get a tell of how grindy it will be. As I said in my first post I'm not a fan of a harder challenge, but I hope it isn't to drastic.

@Anyone who might make additions to this hack at the owners permission once this releases, could I kindly request adding difficulty settings to give a wider range of playability and player choice.

Last edited:

heyo

HEYO!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The creator of the hack just posted on August 12th, this hack is very much being worked on. It is actually in the bug fixing faze for its first release. It just doesn't have a release window until the creator feels like sharing one.

Edit: @heyo, have you already decided the gym levels if so could you share them so I can get a tell of how grindy it will be. As I said in my first post I'm not a fan of a harder challenge, but I hope it isn't to drastic.

@Anyone who might make additions to this hack at the owners permission once this releases, could I kindly request adding difficulty settings to give a wider range of playability and player choice.

Yeah! I'm trying to follow the level system of RSE when it comes to Gym battles and the Elite Four — the major difference is what Pokémon those trainers have along with their movesets. Gym 1, for example has Seviper as an ace (which is much more strong than typical gym 1 aces stat-wise), and starting at gym 3, movesets have a lot more type coverage on their Pokémon altogether. That being said, there's also a variety of ways to play the game based around what starter you pick, and there are lots of Pokémon accessible to the player to counter many of these gyms. I haven't done lots of testing on the Elite Four, so things are very much subject to change for them.

Years
  • I would have copied the rse difficulty myself, and give gym leaders suitable team members that make sense for that early game and not give pokemon with higher stats to early gym leaders. Because if I'm honest if your hack is built with story I want to enjoy the story and not have to worry about difficulty spikes or having to edit your team constantly just to counter later gyms strategies as I don't go out and constantly catch pokemon. I generally settle on a team early on until the games Legendary is made available and catch the games legendary and add it to my team.

Please note: I am expecting the hack to be the way you want it to be, I'm not expecting it to cater to me. As long as I'm allowed to tweak the gym leaders after release on my patched rom I will make it myself closer to the rse difficulty when it comes to gym leaders and elite four.

Now if cheats are usable, and the hack is editable by players I would tweak the game myself once it releases to make the hack easier for myself. Because I was already disrespected by one hack creator who is making his hack inaccessible to the casual fan by making the game even grindier which hacks should not do this as that makes the hack for the niche player base and I feel if the story is original the game should be accessible to all players of all experience levels and not having to grind just to continue a story.

Last edited:
    Back