• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Community 8

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Better eight than never, right? XD;

Eight years and still going strong. Happy [late] Birthday, PC. I can't count the amount of achievements I've made on this site, much less the people I've met and things I've done along the way.

Here's to many more years to come. /Cheers

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Happy Birthday, PokeCommunity! I can't wait until it's 10 years old. XD It survived so long, and I hope it will keep on going! Live long, PC~ n______n

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    Oh wow so its PC anniversary? Happy Anniversary PC! -throws cake-

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Wow, eight years of PokeCommunity with more yet to come. What an achievement and so many developments from what I saw in the other threads with previous anniversaries. Well PokeCommunity, happy eight years anniversary, and carry on being a brilliant forum with years to come!

Oh, and also, live long mister database!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Happy anniversary and birthday PC~! ^.^
    And let there be many good years to come. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say Gauche, get the chips n' dip, Droite, lets run around in a circle till we fall down!

Gauche: No, this is one birthday your NOT ruining --

Droite:
    Whhhhhheeeee~! *falls on floor*

Oh wheeeee *falls on chair confuzzled*

Gauche:
    *facepalm* Spoke too soon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    It's a humbling experience to see a site grow so much over 8 years. And to think I've experienced nearly 5 years of that. It's overwhelming.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    aww it's growing up so fast

sorry i was only present for one year of your life, pc, i'll try not to be such a deadbeat dad anymore :*

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    *succumbs to sentimentality and uses his original account*

Happy eight years to our beloved Pokemon community. It kinda makes me proud to have been around from close to the very beginning, even if my activity ebbed quite a bit for most of the intermediate years. XD

*cracks open a champagne bottle*
    Here's to eight years more. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I love how Syd's usertitle leads to the 5th anniversary thread. Just saying. XD

But! Happy anniversary PC! It's weird in a way, considering the fact that I'll have been at PC for 5 years later this month, and yet PC's only been alive for 8 years in whole. Idk, I think it's strange that I didn't really notice the time fly by or anything. It feels like PC is still youn--how coincidental, PC's 10th anniversary will be in 2012. XD;

I know in the past I wasn't really uh... that helpful to PC's growth, but well that stuff is all over and I'm glad to be helping PC now? :D And like Derk pretty much, I've grown as PC has grown. And it really sucks that people are against PC, but as long as we all care, that shouldn't matter! Live forever PC!~

Oh and to forever remember Jake's fail of 2010:
    Pokémon Community 8

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    *succumbs to sentimentality and uses his original account*

Happy eight years to our beloved Pokemon community. It kinda makes me proud to have been around from close to the very beginning, even if my activity ebbed quite a bit for most of the intermediate years. XD

*cracks open a champagne bottle*
    Here's to eight years more. :D

What he said, except for the champagne...I'm drinking a beer right now. XD

It's hard to believe that when I first joined PC, I was a n00bish, socially awkward, and lonely 15-year-old, and now I'm a n00bish, socially awkward, lonely 23-year-old...the difference being that I've grown more mature and wiser through my experiences here...not to mention that these years solidified my status as a hopeless videogame nerd. XD

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Oh wow. May this community see eight more wonderful prosperous years. <3

I love PC. Despite all the tl;dr, the failing to see eye-to-eye with some staffies, the inevitable rebel treatment because we don't see eye to eye, the crazy stuff I miss because people ignore me a little too much, the idiots who make me want to pull out my hair and quit, the silly clueless n00b infestation we have, and the many other charming flaws that PC has...I still love PC very very much. Why? I cbf to dig deep enough to find out. The heart wants what it wants, and asking it for an answer every time just makes you jaded and suspicious of your own emotions...and that is NOT a very nice thing to experience. >_>

Still, I feel that I've grown to be a part of PC, and nothing can remove me from it. Even though I may only have just over 3k posts...I'm sure I've helped many members. It's kinda funny. People I end up befriending usually end up being promoted, or befriended by all the insiders in some direct way. The better people tend not to sever connections, the worst abandon, but that's life.

It's almost like I'm that cute little girl who checks you in and gets you seated. The hostess that takes your drink order, slakes your thirst and moves on... The one everyone knows and respects.

Now I cant say that just everyone trusts how I judge character...there are people who just don't agree with me at all. Usually these jokers set up shop in a corner and do their own checking...which is fine by me. I'm certainly not infallible.

But I digress, PC has helped to shape me into what I choose to be, what I am, and what I hope to someday be, and achieve. Of course that vision may change...of that you can be certain that only time can tell if that will be the case.

I've always felt that as long as I can find friends on PC, that there isn't any reason to ever leave or 'move on' unless my life absolutely demands it. I'm not just gonna move on because I started college, or got a job. I'll always be sure to find at least 5 or 10 minutes a day for PC...even if I have to wait until I've finished the day's work.

I will, as my children grow up, if they show an interest in Pokemon and turn out to be reasonably computer literate by the time that they reach an age where I deem them responsible enough to get online...bring my children to PC as long as it still exists.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I have been a member here for over a year now, but I was actually a longtime lurker who has been around for far longer than that and it was only recently that I chose to join. It's really amazing to see how much Pokecommunity has grown since I first discovered it so long ago.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    8 Years....such a long time. I wish I could've been here from the start but what counts is that I am a member here whenever the time I joined.

Congratz PokeCommunity! 2 Years till your Decade!

Back