• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Contests, Pokéathlon, or...?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Hoping for Pokeathlon. I really like it even when i'm sucks at some course but i really love it. Contest is okay but both is best choice

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'd love to see something entirely new, if not one of the previous (preferably Pokeathlon lol)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I see buildings that kinda look like both... the blue dome and the pink building with stars on it... amongst other buildings.

Darkmoonazara

Dousuta Sora? Mou Ariga?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2011
    I prefered contests entirely. If those return, I want them to be more like the anime. Those contests are the best! maybe there will be job opportunities, like delivering packages or using your pokemon to exterminate pests. Sort of like the minigames in kingdom hearts 2.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I've not actually got HG or SS yet so don't know what Pokeathlons are really like, but I think some sort of Pokemon athletics competition sounds like an absolutely brilliant side-game. If it's any good, then that should definitely be preserved, because Contests don't really do it for me.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Hmmm, Contests in DPPt were horrible... so I choose Pokéathalons! Hopefully somethign a tad more creative though...

On top of that though, I'd like to see a little more use of the in-game clock and calander by holding random pokemon tournaments, as opposed to BF-type things, where experience can be earned and the challengers Pokémon are of relatively equal level to yours, give or take 3 levels.

Years
    I just hope that whatever they include in the new game carries on from town to town like the gyms. Maybe each town would have a contest hall or pokéathelon dome that only held certain events, so you'd have to travel the region to collect all the ribbons. You could even have a contest rival in addition to your battling rival, but the contest/whatever stuff would be totally optional, just a little something to give you more to do in the game.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Isn't it obvious?

Spoiler:

THIS ----------------------------^

i thoguht this too :D

i hope they upgrade it a lil tho, cuz controllin 3pokemon at once totally messed me up :(

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I really do want contests like in the anime... Kind of like fighting each other with style... I think that would be cool... Maybe a system for contests like making it able to "Use Iron Tail to BlahBlahBlah"

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Well Black and White has definitely shown it intends to set itself ahead of previous titles... maybe we'll see a more complex (and better working) Contest?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    mix of gen 3/anime context plz. i tried poketholng or w.e likem the running? i didnt enjoy it much. i was adddicted to the contest in r/s/e :D

Back