• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Crimson Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
[s-HIGHLIGHT]Pokémon Crimson Edition[/s-HIGHLIGHT]

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Hack Of:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Pokemon Firered Version

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Introduction:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Well, I've decided that I can do better than Orchid, so I'm starting a new hack. This one will be better than Orchid, trust me.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Story:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
You're a young Trainer in the Kannsat region. You wake up in your home in Ridge Town, excited because today you get your first Pokémon. Unfortunately, you've overslept and your brother is probably already at Prof. Sequoia's Lab in Petal Town. After obtaining your first Pokémon, you'll explore Kannsat collecting badges, battling Trainers, meeting new people and Pokémon, and thwarting the evil Team Crimson in your quest to become a Pokémon Master.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Features:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
  • Two beautiful new regions to explore
  • Multiple rivals
  • Television shows
  • Two Teams
  • A fuzzy, pink legendary is catchable
  • Things to do after the completion of the main quest
  • Sidequests
  • New exciting scripts
  • Minigames offering a break from the storyline
  • Many of the 386 Pokémon are obtainable
  • New Characters to meet
  • Bonus/Hidden locations and events

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Status:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
My ROM crashed, otherwise this would be in the Hack's Showcase. So now, I'm palette editing and reinserting tiles in a new ROM. Then, I'll start remapping.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Other Information:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
ROMHacking isn't my life, so I may not update for a few weeks without warning. I have other more important responsibilities to deal with, so if I don't update or hack for a week or two, that's what I'm doing.

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Team:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
-Deokishisu: Everything
-SilentWing: Beta Tester

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Screenshots:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Ridge Town:
Pokémon Crimson Edition
Pokémon Crimson Edition

Petal Town:
Pokémon Crimson Edition
Pokémon Crimson Edition

Tide Port:
Pokémon Crimson Edition
Pokémon Crimson Edition

Humid City:
Pokémon Crimson Edition
Pokémon Crimson Edition

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Releases:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
None yet!

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Well, this seems like a pretty good hack.
    As long as there are lots of events, than i bet it will be good.
    Because it sounds like the original game right now...
    But, if you spice it up, then it wont!

Good luck, i will check again later!

At the risk of people losing interest, I have some screenies from before the ROM crashed, though some things may not be the same later...

Ridge Town:
    Pokémon Crimson Edition
    Pokémon Crimson Edition

Petal Town:
    Pokémon Crimson Edition
    Pokémon Crimson Edition

Tide Port:
    Pokémon Crimson Edition
    Pokémon Crimson Edition

Humid City:
    Pokémon Crimson Edition
    Pokémon Crimson Edition

As you can see in the Humid City screenies, there's a new Gym and Pokemon Center. The PokeMart roof has been altered as well. Also, grass tiles (not the tall grass, the regular one) have been imported from Emerald as well as some flowers and other things. I have D/P trees and hopefully I'll get more things from D/P later.

All of the screenshots have been added to the first post.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    This is looking pretty good, I really liked Orchid and I hope you can do better now.

But I think you shouldn't use the D/P trees, they don't look okay, and a lot of hacks are using D/P trees, and the shadows are wrong.

I also think you should use the normal Pokémon Center, it doesn't look as good when it's smaller.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2010
    are you still doing this hack im asking becuase its been a while since someone posted something

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
    When I read the Story, I thought it sounded way too much like the original Pokemon games.
    However, the Features section made me change my mind.
    This seems very interesting, and the Screenshots seem strange, though original. The small PokéCentre made me think "=/" however the new Gym seems pretty cool.
    Great work, good luck on this. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back