• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crown

Blah

Free supporter
Years
  • Hey everyone, it's been a while since the last update. We've been working on a lot of surrounding elements in the game while we slowly chip away at the scripts and dialogue. Today I wanted to share with you boss battles!

Throughout the region, especially in dungeons, you'll encounter special Pokémon who oversee the area called Guardian Pokémon. Guardian battles put a restriction on how many battlers you can field, in exchange for letting you control their movements. You'll need to make use of the movement controls to create your own tactics and overcome the boss mechanics. If you're successful, you can claim the treasure protected by the Guardian Pokémon!

Below is the first tutorial guardian battle. Guardian Ariados has two phases, the first of which is shown on video here (for the second phase, play the game when it comes out!). The second phase is much harder, and revolves around map management. Ariados gains many new abilities during the second phase and forces you to make a long term plan to find success.

DISCLAIMER: This style of battling is only for boss fights. All other battles are auto battles.
    DISCLAIMER#2: Audio is placeholder

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    Wow i'm completly speechless, i'm a fan of these romhack but i don't know if gameplay system can be completly changed like this. anyway i'm really looking foward for this project

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    To be honest it's been pretty long time not seeing any rom hack with new region and story, most of it being dropped, i hope someday this will be completed, please stay healthy and stay safe

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    this looks amazing, i'm always looking for unique rom hack experiences and i can't wait for this to come out :^)

when you manage to mostly complete a block of the beginning of the game, maybe an hour's worth or so, would you consider releasing a short demo so people can test the gameplay?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2023
    I have a problem, the game freezes when i beat the thief by the bridge, is it a known bug or i have to do something?
    I don't think i have anything left, got the badge and still don't have the 5k for the first town xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I've finished what could be done in this version of the game and I have to say that i can't wait for this game to be completed.

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    How? How did you do this? This barely even counts as a Fire Red rom hack anymore.
    This is absurd. You've somehow managed to change the party limit, battle system completely, and added more Pokémon.
    More about the battle system. It's fun. Really fun. I've barely played it and I'm still confidant saying this is one of the most enjoyable battle systems I've ever played. The sprite work is frankly incredible. I love how the potions are in vials or the repel is a power, and the pokeballs being the ones from Legends is a nice detail. The UI is great looking and just as nice to use. The character design is cool.

This might be the most unique thing I've ever seen in the Pokémon franchise.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Not even out yet and I'm already loving how this is looking! I really like the type mastery bonuses and can't wait to see all the features with those!

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2023
    Is there a guide that list pokemon location or what pokemon can be found on what route? Like Natu, wooper, ratata, pidgey, houndour, and goomy can be found on the 1st patch of grass on the seaside outskirts

Back