• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crown

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    Beautiful ROM hack! ❤️❤️❤️
    Never played anything like this. The tiles, the story, the in-game interactions, everything about the beta is gorgeous. Overall, there are still many confusing part, but man, is it good. Love the beta, can't wait for the full game. I hope you can finish the game. Cheers! 🍻

Years
  • REALLY enjoying this hack so far. Very impressive use of ASM, I don't think I've ever seen something quite so unique from the Pokemon community before.

I think I only have one real gripe with the game: I was very disappointed when I found out that the "ordering your Pokemon around" mechanic is only present in boss battles. 'Cause, like, man, that Ariados fight was fun as hell. It would certainly help in wild battles a lot, since you'd be able to select which Pokemon you want to attack first so you don't kill the one you're trying to catch. It would actually require you to strategize a bit so that battles don't just amount to "turn your brain off and hit the speed-up button," with maybe a minimal amount of strategy in team composition and unit placement. I have to ask, are there any plans to make this a thing in the future?

Years
  • Just watched the HoodlumCallum video of this is game and it is absolutely amazing, looking forward for the release!

Also the merch of pokemedieval items it's gonna look sick, if anything I can help with that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    It says : In Development...
    does that mean were unable to download at the moment?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    It says : In Development...
    does that mean were unable to download at the moment?

There is but it's in beta and you can only access it by joining the Discord server but its better to wait for it complete release besides it may or may not compatible the save from a beta version....

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2023

T62I8fi.png

About

BPRE - Hack of Fire Red
    Discord: Link
    Release: Will be on Discord when it's ready

Pokémon Crown is a completely brand new gameplay experience. While still being a traditional exploration focused RPG, we've combined many elements from other genres to deliver something truly unique. In Pokémon Crown, you will rediscover each Pokémon and how they interact with eachother in our new Auto Chess inspired battle engine! Pit your Pokémon against fun and unique teams while strategizing on synergy, placement, and type matchups! Experience 6v6 combat like never before!

Introduction

Pokémon Crown is a Medieval RPG that takes place in the vast, magical Region of Guelder. As a bastion of rich resources, Guelder found itself thrust into a lasting war. After many years, Guelder emerged victorious, but not without cost... As the region spent its time rebuilding, the King's Diviner foretold of a dual prophecy to befall the kingdom: a future of light, and a future of darkness. Guided by these visions, the King realized that without change, the kingdom was doomed to a future of more war.

At the King's command, the very first Pokémon League is created: The Crown League! As Guelder's borders open to the outside world, many new and powerful trainers have come to test their might. Can you seize greatness and come out on top in the Crown Challenge? In the Guelder region, all Pokémon battles are held in a special style called a Crown Battle. Master this battle mode to become Guelder's Champion!

Explore the vast Guelder region, learn of its history, and join up with a number of guilds to learn the secrets of their trades in Pokémon Crown!

Meet the Heroes

Features

• Completely revamped battle engine. (No more turn based combat!)
    • Unique Pokémon Battle System, featuring Pokémon from all gens
    • Online PvP
    • New items and previous items reimagined for auto battle combat
    • New catching mechanics
    • Every UI completely custom
    • Day and Night system/encounters/stuff
    • Quest System
    • Boss battles, and challenge modes
    • Psuedo-Open World
    • Vibrant Biomes to explore and catch Pokémon
    • almost everything is new so this list can go on!

Type Bonuses

Media

Z45dYj3.png
    HfD5EG5.png
    B3AAtll.png
    6O0OPjc.gif
    HAkZ1KE.gif
    N2cAw8y.png
    IleK5DU.gif

ABgA22U.png
    aivF94c.gif
    TXD2XxS.png
    7mftM2x.png
    N97pcMN.png
    kSRqO3W.gif
    aR7KQXH.png

yWwT1zU.png
    fqDjpRS.png
    IymoVmN.gif
    xUmpr7N.png
    FKXtRH4.gif
    hxVKuR5.png
    fkwedDb.png

Download

In development...

Team

Developers:
    • Blah/FBI - Programmer, Designer, misc
    • Criminon - Artist, Designer
    • Disturbed/Jake (Not the other Jake) - Mapper, Designer

Musicians:
    • A_Reliable_Chair
    • Pascal van den Bos
    • Furret
    • Rowyn Berlan

Artists:
    • Criminon
    • Wednesday
    • DrakeSycamore

Writer:
    • Bela

Credits

Huge thanks to:
    • Ipatix - Music mixer
    • Alusq - Music workflow
    • Touched - Pokeagb
    • Pret - Pokefirered documentation
    • Kwen/Rev - Character designs, some overworlds
    • Cynda - Overworlds, party menu UI, Genesect Sprite
    • OlSoulja - Bases for Grimmsnarl, Chandelure, Salazzle, Sandalit, Dreepy, Drakloak, Dragapult
    • NeroIntruder - Tyrunt, Tyrantrum
    • http://sprites.pmdcollab.org/ - Espurr, Meowstic
    • https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=368703 - Pokémon icons
    • N1 studios - Pokémon art
    • LarryTurbo - Toxel icon
    • Xhyzi - Palette Filters
    • Spherical Ice - Hay bail tile as a base

Discord mods:
    • Saiko
    • The Spectre
    • Sparrow, the Metal Guy
    • Sounak9434

I likely missed someone. Please feel free to message if you believe you belong on this list!

Podiam fazer uma tradução a espanhol ou a português?

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
  • I'm impressed with the gameplay I saw in HoodlumScrafty's videos. A bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to have type advantages implemented, but then it could needlessly complicate the gameplay further then the types already have their unique bonuses.

Years
  • I'm impressed with the gameplay I saw in HoodlumScrafty's videos. A bit disappointed that it doesn't seem to have type advantages implemented, but then it could needlessly complicate the gameplay further then the types already have their unique bonuses.

Don't quote me on this one, but I believe type advantages are present... just exceedingly nerfed compared to what they would normally be.

Years
  • Greetings! I saw the trailer and watched a few walkthroughs on YouTube. This game looks amazing and I'm appreciative of the unique battle engine. This ROM hack is perfect for the fandom. I wish you all the best of luck in your project! I look forward to the completed version. 😄

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen today
    The hack looks amazing, if it only had a normal battle system it would have been one of the best. Unfortunately this way it's not a good hack at all.

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
  • Homie, who cares? They're experimenting with a whole new battle system that you haven't even touched yourself yet. Let em cook.

Years
  • The hack looks amazing, if it only had a normal battle system it would have been one of the best. Unfortunately this way it's not a good hack at all.

If you judge this ROM hack with its battle system, then you aren't judging it properly. It should be looked in the lens of a spin off hack, because if you judge this ROM hack based on mainline titles and traditional hacks, it destroys all of them. This game's battle system actually forces you to use your brain, and is way more fun than the regular battle system. Part of me thinks that you just suck at the battles in this game thats why you said this game is bad.

PacoScarso_

#1 Masquerain enjoyer
    Years
  • Homie, who cares? They're experimenting with a whole new battle system that you haven't even touched yourself yet. Let em cook.
    Don't mind him, he's the same guy who said Odyssey is not a good romhack cause there's no evil team.
    BRUH

THE BATTLES ARE LITERALLY A ZERO PLAYER GAME! how does it force you to use your brain??? You seem to lack one.
    Team composition, Pokémon placement, Held Items, Roles etc etc.
    You have to think a lot tbh, expecially during boss battles. Like, the Ariados boss battle was actually hard cause of its real-time combat, and I liked it a lot!

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Thank you guys for all of the well wishes! It means a bunch to all of us working on the game. We're all super dedicated to giving people something they haven't ever experienced before, and I think we're delivering on that front. For those who want the old battle system, there are plenty of other games to play! (Play Pokemon Unbound!) Thank you guys for all of the support! Can't wait to show you guys beta 2. Meanwhile, feel free to join our discord for downloads and updates!

https://www.discord.gg/pokemoncrown

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2023
    I do have to say that the battle system could probably use some tune up, but honestly I find it to be a plus overall. The regular Pokémon formula is so bland. This kind of reminds me of auto chess.

Back