• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 11, 2015
    It's looking great. I have a suggestion. You could make 2 versions of the remake, one in which you add new things and another that is mostly the same as the old one... what do you think?

Years
  • Huh? This doesn't happen to me. Sorry, but another glitch. If you picked Crystal, Silver won't appear to battle you in Azelea Town.

I think it may just be the copy of the Emerald rom I used. Today, I opened it up in Advance Map, and saw that the wild Pokemon levels were messed up to begin with. That might have been what caused the level mix-up in the Crystal Shards game. Looks like I need to find a new copy of Emerald...

Years
  • It's looking great. I have a suggestion. You could make 2 versions of the remake, one in which you add new things and another that is mostly the same as the old one... what do you think?

This i way better. You don't have to play the same game twice at the time just for pointlees things...Keep it up, im gonna try the game later(-:

martauros

Now I'm back!. HG&SS&SGforever
    Years
  • Kike, i've got an idea:
    On 1st post you wrote, that the old man in cherrygrove doesn't give u a tour, becouse a map is already in pokegear(pokenav). You can make the old man giving a running shoes instead of 2nd hero.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, I doubt about that, because I guess the main reason of the 2nd hero's event on Violet was giving you access to the shoes. I don't think it should be changed (though I don't like being walking as much as you all do... just think possitive, as I always say: "walking is good for your health" ;))

Remain calm people, don't forget that, after all, Emerald is a bit unstable rom to edit. Don't drive Kike crazy :)

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Apparently you were able to pull off the GuideGent's tour in Cherrygrove. Good work. If only it were possible to make it so he were able to add on the map like the original. It may be possible as they have to do it with the phone.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • BassFace:
    I haven't played the beta yet, but I think that it could be because the routes have the wild pkmn levels of the actual route. For example, Route 30 might be an overwrite of Mt. Chimmeny(sp?) or something, which actually had lv28 pkmn.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Damn.. this hack is just awsome.. Everything screen is like eye candy! ^_^ Well.. I am happy to know that your still working on this project, everyone is looking forword to the next Beta too! ^_^

Good Luck KIKE! Wish ya luck..

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Awesome job Kike, just one problem (excluding the already mentioned bugs), the egg I got from Elm's assistant hatched into a Marill! Is it just me?

off-topic: If I remember correctly, zel's 1st beta of SG also ended in Azalea :D Am I right? If so, how cool is that? :P

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Hehe, I've noticed that the Egg hatches on Marill, but it's corrected now. Most bugs are corrected now, except the rival ones, because they never happens to me... That's weird, it's like Silver in Ecruteak on Shiny Gold. Zel don't have that problem but the other people have... Anyways may be the ROM.
    For now I will focus more on Opal/Coral. But that doesn't mean I will do nothing of Cystal Shards, so, you can expect some news (not so soon).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Then you should check your rival scripts, 'cause I hadn't problems due to me picking always the same starter, so I never realized that problem and had to do an extensive look through the script to notice there was a part of the script getting overwritten.

Usually rival scripts get long, so it's easy to get lost regarding offsets (I don't know if you are as stubborn as me about compressing the scripts as much as you can, you should, if you are using Emerald), run a deep scan there many times. If it wasn't something there, then, probably it was something on the starter script on Elm's Lab.

Anyway, the game has a normal ammount of bugs in my opinion. Just fix them for the next Beta (I don't think we need a .5 so early)

Lupe

isn't she cute...
    Years
  • since you said on your last post you will focus on opal and coral does that mean that this thread will be closed?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2012
    Is it just me or does the game don't go further than the azalea town. every time i wanna go to the helix forest i cant:S.. maybe i should use gameshark so i can walktrough sudowoodo

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Is it just me or does the game don't go further than the azalea town. every time i wanna go to the helix forest i cant:S.. maybe i should use gameshark so i can walktrough sudowoodo

You can't continue because that is the end of the Beta

Dr.Garchomp

Mr.Gaburiasu
    Years
  • This is a really good first beta! I like the old totodile and chikorita sprites, as well as their movements on the menu screen. I have one litttle "bug."(if it hasn't already been reported) When the guy showing you how to catch pokemon tried to "catch" the ralts, he accidentily killed it. Correct me if this has already been said. I hope all these bugs aren't driving you up the wall. Also, are you going to be switching from CS to C/O each month? BTW, good job so far!

Oh and............... WHAT WAS THAT SWAMPERT WITH METAL CLAW?!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Posting in threads to tell someone that he posted spam is also spam.

So next time, instead of spamming in the thread too, use the Report button, it's there for a reason.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Hey, what's up?

I have new screenshots of areas from the B2:
    Pokémon Crystal Shards "The Return"

These are diverse areas from the Ilex Forest.

I hope you like them, See ya!

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    Wow, this seems amazing and hard. Emerald is really hard to hack. I've seen my brother play it and there are a few errors in the first beta, but it's still really good. Keep it up!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Kike Scott : Those screenshots are awesome! I can't wait, even if it will not be until 1-5 months. xD

~*PikaFan*~ : Yeah, I've played around with Emerald Version and it was... difficult.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back