• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2012
Well, I asked when, not where, but that's a different bug altogether. Can EZFlash save 128kb files? If so, set them to save that type of file. This glitch is happening because of the rival's name being deleted in the save file. Also, there's not much I can do for your current save file, unless you send it to me. Then I might be able to try to fix it manually.

I'll PM it to you later tonight. And yes it does save in 128kb files. But yeah please try to fix it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Yoooo, man! I'm almost crying here! This is awesome!!!
One of the best hacks i've ever played... I remembered when I used to play Pokemon Silver... f*ck, this is great

I have an idea for your hack: could you put the Orange League into? It would be perfect...

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Yoooo, man! I'm almost crying here! This is awesome!!!
One of the best hacks i've ever played... I remembered when I used to play Pokemon Silver... f*ck, this is great

I have an idea for your hack: could you put the Orange League into? It would be perfect...
Wow, thanks for the enthusiasm! Also, no Orange Islands. Instead, CrystalDust will feature the Sevii Islands from FR/LG, three years later.
ETA on next version? Please. PS Best crystal remake i've seen.
No ETA, sorry. I'm putting it on pause right now to work on other things.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 12, 2015
I played it on my gpSP emulator, and I don't found a bug, good job !!!

If I may ask, do you plan to make battle frontier ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2012
Diego, can you help me? I didn't find the answer, but the pokemons that only evolve by trade, in this game evolve by level, right?

robxu9

Shadowed Warrior
Years
I don't know if I've mentioned this before (have I? It's been so long...), but have you ever considered using Ealgrete's music in this? (Or asked him?) The music in here feels so close to Liquid Crystal, and that music makes my ears want to bleed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27ZiFnhc9U for a sample.

Sierraffinity

Years
OK thank you for quick reply. Hope you get back into it.
Don't worry, I will.
I played it on my gpSP emulator, and I don't found a bug, good job !!!

If I may ask, do you plan to make battle frontier ?
yes, I'm planning on making the Frontier. The thing is, I need a lot of FireRed style graphics for it.
Diego, can you help me? I didn't find the answer, but the pokemons that only evolve by trade, in this game evolve by level, right?
Some do, but others evolve other ways as well. For instance, some may require leveling up with an item.
I don't know if I've mentioned this before (have I? It's been so long...), but have you ever considered using Ealgrete's music in this? (Or asked him?) The music in here feels so close to Liquid Crystal, and that music makes my ears want to bleed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G27ZiFnhc9U for a sample.
Honestly, the music already inserted is good (and definitely not the kind that will make your ears bleed). However, I do agree that Ealgrete's music would be good. I've already asked them to make music for me, but they barely ever respond. I guess I can just keep trying.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2012
I can only trade pokemon from Emerald but not from kanto and johto Pokemon. Probably we still yet to unlock the National Dex throughout the game? So, when can we trade pokemon from fire red?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
Pretty awesome hack man, but I found a little bug, after you trade with the man in goldenrod city a machop for an abra, after you talk to him again he will ask you to trade again, it's nothing big though.

Sierraffinity

Years
I can only trade pokemon from Emerald but not from kanto and johto Pokemon. Probably we still yet to unlock the National Dex throughout the game? So, when can we trade pokemon from fire red?
Hm? I didn't realize that you could only trade Pokémon from within the Hoenn Dex... I honestly thought that by changing the dex, that problem would go away... Looks like I'll have to do more research.
Pretty awesome hack man, but I found a little bug, after you trade with the man in goldenrod city a machop for an abra, after you talk to him again he will ask you to trade again, it's nothing big though.
My bad, it was a flag left over from the trade in Violet. Fixed and uploaded.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Wait..Does this have all 386 obtainable? Saw the pokenav pokegear and I exploded with excitement.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2012
I defeated the elite four, is this the end of the beta? Professor Elm didnt give me the pass for the boat to go to Kanto

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
I've always ignored this thread for some reason, I've played Shiny Gold and Liquid Crystal and thought well these hackers definately are the only ones who can remake this game (G/S/C), I got bored today and tried yours...
It is amazing! I can't really explain it, but I find it more enjoyable than the other two and I'm only up to Falkner!
I wish you good luck in finishing the game, your nearly there it seems, keep at it :) I'll continue playing BETA 2, Good work! :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
if i remember correctly team rocket is supposed to take over the radio station after you beat the gym in mahogany town. i copied my save from beta 1, in which i had just caugth sudowoodo, to beta 2 and after i had gotten to ecruteak city and went back to goldenrod team rocket had taken over the radio tower. i couldn't even beat the 2 first raticates. does this happen 'couse some events might mess up from copying save from beta 1 to beta 2?

Sierraffinity

Years
Wait..Does this have all 386 obtainable? Saw the pokenav pokegear and I exploded with excitement.
Sadly, not all 386 are available... yet. ;)
I defeated the elite four, is this the end of the beta? Professor Elm didnt give me the pass for the boat to go to Kanto
Yeah, Beta 2 ends after the Indigo Plateau. Hope you enjoyed the game!
I've always ignored this thread for some reason, I've played Shiny Gold and Liquid Crystal and thought well these hackers definately are the only ones who can remake this game (G/S/C), I got bored today and tried yours...
It is amazing! I can't really explain it, but I find it more enjoyable than the other two and I'm only up to Falkner!
I wish you good luck in finishing the game, your nearly there it seems, keep at it :) I'll continue playing BETA 2, Good work! :D
Glad you think so! But finishing the game is still a long way away. After all, I have two regions left to make!
if i remember correctly team rocket is supposed to take over the radio station after you beat the gym in mahogany town. i copied my save from beta 1, in which i had just caugth sudowoodo, to beta 2 and after i had gotten to ecruteak city and went back to goldenrod team rocket had taken over the radio tower. i couldn't even beat the 2 first raticates. does this happen 'couse some events might mess up from copying save from beta 1 to beta 2?
Yeah, it's never a good idea to use a save file from an older beta for my hacks. Restart the game from scratch to ensure things like this don't happen.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2012
when is the next beta will be released?

is entei and raiku cachable in this hack?

Last edited:
Back