• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    One of the best Hacks I've played. i love it because it keeps faithful to the original which is exactly what i was waiting for. i was wondering if we're going to have to start a new game when the third beta comes out?

Also, if you're taking request please restrict the game to the first 250! Thanks!

Years
  • This is great. Easily one of my most favorite hacks. Despite all the cool things in this, one of the features that seems to get me the most is the working lights at night.. I just love that. How was that achieved? I've tried getting working lights on normal Emerald before but it's never worked. >_< Anyway, great mod man. Eagerly awaiting the 3rd beta.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    The game won't run, I patched it to a emerald version with lunar, but when I run it with Visualboy it just stays in a white screen, and wont load, I also checked the emerald copy. It runs fine before I patch?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    The game won't run, I patched it to a emerald version with lunar, but when I run it with Visualboy it just stays in a white screen, and wont load, I also checked the emerald copy. It runs fine before I patch?

Configure your emulator settings, Save type 128k, real time clock enabled and it should work after that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    I'm not sure if this has been reported but there's apparently some misplaced tiles on the water when you surf near the picnicker with the clefairy in lake of rage. I don't have a screenshot at the moment since I played and finished it in my cellular phone.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    can you get the same moveset from 4th generation in this or is it the original moveset? and do i have to trade to get tradeable pokemon examples(gengar,alakazam,machamp)

Years
  • I hope I get a shiny graphical award to put up on the first post! :D

Also, today I'm putting out a tiny bugfix patch for yesterday's update. It fixes the new girl sprite's palette as well as a random tile error I found. Same download link as usual.

Hehe you got 2 graphical awards for the first page xD

Congrats for best scripting and mapping award

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2021
    This is a beautiful hack, I appreciate all your time and hard work. A lot of attention to detail is required and I bet it must be exhausting. To translate an already awesome game into an even better atmosphere, enhanced gameplay, graphics, music, beautiful design... It just hits me right in the childhood, in the right way. Being able to play it on my ipod on my free time at work or before falling asleep... Just awesome, thank you. You deserve to win some more awards; when it is finished I'm sure it will be a classic hack with no match. Never stop doing it as long as you enjoy it :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    Still waiting on being able to get to Kanto after the league. Finally got around to finishing it and really want to be able to get over to Kanto and cause some trouble over there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2014
    hi,

whenever i beat the elite 4 and start the game, i dont end in my room in new bark town. what happens is i get stuck to the trade corner of a pokemon center.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Hi, I'm new here. I just have a really important question I am unable to find the answer and thus create an account to ask.

First off, I'd like to express my high approval of your excellent work. This Crystaldust, is my favourite hack ever (mostly because the machanics are just so balanced, the player in other hacks seems to be a real underdog and it's just hard to train).

Now, I am at the Violet City and explored a bit of the Ruins of ALPH. From what I understand, there's something called a UnounDex in the old Gold and Silver and something like a Unoun Report in the remakes (I know it by reading the Wikis). But I don't seem to be able to find anything like that in my game. Would it be too much to ask if the author could explain if it is a change of design, or an overlooked issue?

Edit: I think I've just found a glitch, I'm not sure if anyone has posted. After beating the Violet City's Gym, the guy who guards the next route gives you a Miracle Seed. The description of the seed says it boosts ROCK-types instead of the usualy GLASS-type.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What should i do after elite four?

Wait for beta 3

Hi, I'm new here. I just have a really important question I am unable to find the answer and thus create an account to ask.

First off, I'd like to express my high approval of your excellent work. This Crystaldust, is my favourite hack ever (mostly because the machanics are just so balanced, the player in other hacks seems to be a real underdog and it's just hard to train).

Now, I am at the Violet City and explored a bit of the Ruins of ALPH. From what I understand, there's something called a UnounDex in the old Gold and Silver and something like a Unoun Report in the remakes (I know it by reading the Wikis). But I don't seem to be able to find anything like that in my game. Would it be too much to ask if the author could explain if it is a change of design, or an overlooked issue?

Edit: I think I've just found a glitch, I'm not sure if anyone has posted. After beating the Violet City's Gym, the guy who guards the next route gives you a Miracle Seed. The description of the seed says it boosts ROCK-types instead of the usualy GLASS-type.

The Unown Dex is not available yet
    The miracle seed bug should be fixed in the next update

Congrats on 400k views on thread

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I don't know if this has been raised, it's a bit too long to read everything within this thread.

In Crystal, you don't get to catch several pokémons:
    (I can't post links, please look up in Bulbapedia this:
    Pok%C3%A9mon_Crystal_Version#Pok.C3.A9mon_not_found_in_Crystal)

And I think most people who plays with an emulator don't get to trade Pokémons. Would it be fine to enable these Pokémons somehow in a, I don't know, maybe the Safari zone?

Besides, I notice that the author owns a wiki. I am not sure if it is a feasible idea to include FINAL stuff in the Wiki, such as: what events follow the original Crystal and what follow the Heartgold or Shinysilver, what learnset each Pokémon follow (just tell us which game to look up) and things that are hard to guess.

I love this hack and I am wishing it to get as good as it can.

Edit: By the way, if you think you are interested in some new music in a Classical orchestrated style, you can find me, although it has to be waited until my schedules are relieving a bit later. And, I am assuming the music supported would be something like a MIDI? I only work with music-scores but not mixing. So if MIDI's are supported, I think I will be able to help.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    I had this problem in Ecruteak Gym:

Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Is there something I can do about it, or I just lost my save?

Back